• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own a bunch of the long sleeved polos, in pique and the cotton linen mix. Most RTW shirts don’t fit me too well, but these ones seem to have slightly longer sleeves than average, so they’re long enough for my arms. I usually wash them in cold water and then line dry them, no shrinkage issues in any of my shirts. I do prefer the spread collar versions to the button down collar one you linked though, in my experience the button down collar’s roll is merely okay.
Thank you!

All sorted now, my friend has just bought it. I'll report back when I try it on.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
forgot to take picture, but I tried model 15 and 101 in store, both looks better than the picture I have to say.

No strong preference between model 15 or model 3 for me though (other than "why not try it type of thing"), definitely like 101 given my preference for now discounted model 1.

epsilon22

Reaction score
forgot to take picture, but I tried model 15 and 101 in store, both looks better than the picture I have to say.

No strong preference between model 15 or model 3 for me though (other than "why not try it type of thing"), definitely like 101 given my preference for now discounted model 1.
Do you take the same size in all three?

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! A friend of mine is visiting NYC soon and will get me the long-sleeved navy polo which is something I've been after for a while.

Could I ask if anyone here owns it, any impressions you might have and if it shrinks with washing?

I love the LS button down polo, it works great by itself or under a sport coat, I use it a lot when traveling as it’s so versatile.

As others have said, not much issue with shrinkage, cold wash, hang to dry…..

epsilon22

Reaction score
I'm probably rare vs. most people, I'm EU46 pretty much everywhere except Model 3 I'm EU44, so same size for Model 15, also EU44.

For 101 I'm EU46 (which is my typical size)
Interesting. I wear EU50 in Model 3, but it seems like I'm actually in between EU48 and EU50 (if there was 49, that might be my size). When I tried EU50 in Model 15, it felt big in the shoulders, but if I sized down to EU48, it felt a bit short in overall length.

From trying them in the store (I don't own any of these following models), I think I'm EU50 in 101, EU52 in 103 and the Orazio model.

I guess if I take the 101 as the "TTS" (shoulders felt most right for me), 3 and 15 would be a touch big, Orazio and 103 would be a touch small. Seems quite consistent with your experience.

I love the LS button down polo, it works great by itself or under a sport coat, I use it a lot when traveling as it’s so versatile.

As others have said, not much issue with shrinkage, cold wash, hang to dry…..

Agreed, I think the button-down polos work great with more casual sport coats for situations where you want to look well-dressed without being formal, like at a nice restaurant or company events. I currently own the white one, which is perfect for light colored summer jackets. I'm thinking of trying the spread collar one too.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I wear EU50 in Model 3, but it seems like I'm actually in between EU48 and EU50 (if there was 49, that might be my size). When I tried EU50 in Model 15, it felt big in the shoulders, but if I sized down to EU48, it felt a bit short in overall length.

From trying them in the store (I don't own any of these following models), I think I'm EU50 in 101, EU52 in 103 and the Orazio model.

I guess if I take the 101 as the "TTS" (shoulders felt most right for me), 3 and 15 would be a touch big, Orazio and 103 would be a touch small. Seems quite consistent with your experience.

Agreed, I think the button-down polos work great with more casual sport coats for situations where you want to look well-dressed without being formal, like at a nice restaurant or company events. I currently own the white one, which is perfect for light colored summer jackets. I'm thinking of trying the spread collar one too.
I also have a spread collar one, and don’t find it as versatile. The spread collar is fine by itself, but doesn’t work as well (for me) when worn with a sport coat.

kid1002

Reaction score
Just bought my first Holiday Shirt in chambray. Also interested in the striped one currently available in my size, but I'm a bit worried about not being able to style it.

Could we ask Mark to do a video on how he would style these Holiday Shirts? Maybe as a part of a video marketing the new season ones potentially coming?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I’ve* found the structure in the Model 1 enables me to size “down” relative to the Model 3. I think I’d still consider myself TTS (so 1 & 3 being equal), but the shoulder padding in the 1 is far more forgiving than the lack thereof in the 3. With the 3, there is no forgiveness whatsoever, at least for my frame. If it’s even close, my delts bulge out into the sleevehead, which is a look I hate. The 1’s padding covers them, to an extent.

*I assume this roughly adheres to the 101/103 models.

symphvaria

Reaction score
I find the spread collar polos to look a lot more casual with tailoring, which is what I'm after if I'm pairing a polo shirt with a sport coat, but above all, I love wearing them with my casual Dayware jackets like my City Hunter, 3 Pocket Blouson etc. The button down collar polos seem a lot harder to dress down and I just could never get that collar roll to look good in person.

Henry S

Reaction score
Hi guys! A friend of mine is visiting NYC soon and will get me the long-sleeved navy polo which is something I've been after for a while.

Could I ask if anyone here owns it, any impressions you might have and if it shrinks with washing?
Probably own too many of the spread collar polos in cotton and linen-cotton.
No issue with shrinkage, I wash at 30C / cold and hang dry.
I'm probably rare vs. most people, I'm EU46 pretty much everywhere except Model 3 I'm EU44, so same size for Model 15, also EU44.

For 101 I'm EU46 (which is my typical size)
In my experience with the model 3, I take different sizes every time. Maybe it has something to do with the fabric or small pattern changes over the years.

From the sports coats I can recall the size, I'm size 48 with the caramel one (fits perfect), 50 with the hopsack (48 is ridiculously small on me), and 50 with the grey prince of wales check, which is slightly big on me in the shoulders.

symphvaria

Reaction score
Max@TheArmoury

Hi Max, can products purchased from https://thearmoury.com/ be shipped from HK instead of the US?

I live in Shanghai, and the shipping cost is wildly expensive if products are being shipped from the US instead of from HK... Plus the wait will also be shorter if from HK.
Actually, I believe that thearmoury.com is only reflective of the US stock and US stores, which is why HK exclusive items like the New Manual collab don’t show up on there. It’s also why if you’re a HK shopper and something you want is out of stock in HK but in stock online, you can just have The Armoury store in Landmark or Pedder place an order for you from the US store for the item you want.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads