• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

hitsuji

Reaction score
This is anthology, roping and jet pocket sport coat, so I say up to you

Post in thread 'The Hong Kong Tailors Thread'
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/the-hong-kong-tailors-thread.33568/post-11494931
Cheers mate - looks amazing, the Linen does tend to make it more of a Sports Jacket feel personally. I was looking at the Model 1 Mohair on Drop93 but it will definitely look more like an orphaned jacket so I may just hold off for now on some different designs/full suits to pop up although I doubt they will.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yea texture and pattern matters a lot, I have TF sport coat with very structured strong shoulder but no way someone would think that as orphan jacket

edit: I would think mohair/wool blend for sport coat is pretty common though, I wouldn't write mohair off for sport coat, but if "you" think it looks like orphan jacket, definitely skip

Last edited:

hitsuji

Reaction score
Yea texture and pattern matters a lot, I have TF sport coat with very structured strong shoulder but no way someone would think that as orphan jacket

edit: I would think mohair/wool blend for sport coat is pretty common though, I wouldn't write mohair off for sport coat, but if "you" think it looks like orphan jacket, definitely skip
Those Lapels are incredible! And I'd agree that it doesn't look at all orphan. I have tried on an Edward Sexton Jacket by itself and although it had a pair of matching trousers it did not look like a orphan Jacket at all.

In all honestly it probably is my indecisiveness talking since a few years ago I did fall in the trap of buying standalone suit Jackets to act as sports jackets! I've grabbed a model 3 at 50% off so I'll see how I get on with that since the Model 253 and 254 fit amazing TTS.

ianGP

Reaction score
Anyone have firsthand experience with the YF designed Armoury shoes? And maybe a comparison to others in similar pricepoint? (Carmina, et al)

jeremygo

Reaction score
Went into the Tribeca shop late last week and checked out some of the new FW stock. Really great stuff! To my eye the tailoring looked a little restrained on the site but definitely shone in person. Some standouts:

- The Wool/Silk Model 15 in glen check: this fabric really sings with the brown/olive/bordeaux colors working together so well. Much richer in color than it looks on the site. Hope to pick one of these up later in the season.

- The Wool/Cashmere Model 16 in herringbone: remarkably comfortable and very elegant in an old Hollywood sort of way. I don't think I can pull it off, but if you're looking for a DB this is outstanding.

- A new city hunter in a brown tartan wool: Alex referenced vintage Pendleton sportster jackets as an inspiration for this one, which has a very cool West coast x Ivy feel.

ianGP

Reaction score
Any tips on a first time MTM experience with RJ?

Certain things to wear/bring? Expectations and questions?

Been to an RLPL, I showed up in t-shirt/jeans/sneakers. They had a sample shirt and shoes for me while being measured.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Been to an RLPL, I showed up in t-shirt/jeans/sneakers. They had a sample shirt and shoes for me while being measured.
Ideally show up in something close/close enough to what you'd intend to wear it with. Gives them a much better jumping off point to work from.
Went into the Tribeca shop late last week and checked out some of the new FW stock. Really great stuff! To my eye the tailoring looked a little restrained on the site but definitely shone in person. Some standouts:

- The Wool/Silk Model 15 in glen check: this fabric really sings with the brown/olive/bordeaux colors working together so well. Much richer in color than it looks on the site. Hope to pick one of these up later in the season.

- The Wool/Cashmere Model 16 in herringbone: remarkably comfortable and very elegant in an old Hollywood sort of way. I don't think I can pull it off, but if you're looking for a DB this is outstanding.

- A new city hunter in a brown tartan wool: Alex referenced vintage Pendleton sportster jackets as an inspiration for this one, which has a very cool West coast x Ivy feel.
Any suits up yet, by chance?

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ideally show up in something close/close enough to what you'd intend to wear it with. Gives them a much better jumping off point to work from.

Any suits up yet, by chance?

What @ericgereghty said, wear a decent fitting shirt, and shoes you would be likey to wear with finished garment.

You should expect to be fitted, so go in with at least some idea of the model you want…. You could certainly get fitted for more than one model, but many more that two or three might be excessive. Also, have at least an idea of what you plan to order….. suit or sport coat, color, summer weight, winter weight, from there they can guide you through fabric books. Then you’ll be asked for details like pocket configuration, buttons lining, etc…..

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
None I checked out but seems like there's a new flannel number on the site:

I'd also note there's some real nice Armoury suits on Drop93 that were just added!
That Dormeuil flannel they added looks super snappy. Not REALLY my style, but if it hangs around long enough I’d likely grab it on one of the sales.
But, definitely check D93 every Friday haha.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads