• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For the record I prefer Model 1 over Model 3, though given what they stock I'm sure I'm the minority...

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently picked up a Model 1 suit that fits well. I'm now eyeing a Model 3 blazer.

Does anyone have experience with both?

Should I stick with the same size, or would I want to size down for the Model 3?
What others have said, Same size in RJ Model 1 and RJ Model 3.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I certainly wouldn't size down. If anything, I'd think one would be more likely to need to size up for the 1. If your 1 fits you well (post pics!) I'd take the same size in a 3.

g2x222

Reaction score
I certainly wouldn't size down. If anything, I'd think one would be more likely to need to size up for the 1. If your 1 fits you well (post pics!) I'd take the same size in a 3.
It's actual this recommendation that made me ask in the first place - if the Model 1 should be sized up, then the Model 3 should be sized down (relative to the Model 1). Oh well, ordered the hopsack blazer, we'll see when it arrives

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's actual this recommendation that made me ask in the first place - if the Model 1 should be sized up, then the Model 3 should be sized down (relative to the Model 1). Oh well, ordered the hopsack blazer, we'll see when it arrives

Did you size up? or down?

I know I said this before, but I do not size up (or down) on either the 1 or the 3, they both fit TTS, (same with the new model 15).

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
and to confuse people further, I'm 99.8% EU46, Model 1 and Model 3 are the only exception where I take EU44..., but at least Model 1 and Model 3 are consistent..., so I would say whatever you got in Model 1 you should get same size in Model 3.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you size up? or down?

I know I said this before, but I do not size up (or down) on either the 1 or the 3, they both fit TTS, (same with the new model 15).
Interesting re: the 15. Seems as though the shoulders are noticeably broader? Suppose that's just the silhouette?

habstyle

Reaction score
Has anyone participated in a recent ring jacket trunk show and can provide some insight on the process / pricing etc.? Would be interested to know how the MTM pricing through the trunk show compares to the Armoury's usual mtm program.

epsilon22

Reaction score
Seems like they just dropped some Model 3s for F/W 2023. That navy Zegna basketweave looks interesting, but I'm not sure about the brighter shade of navy. The weave also looks really open considering it's a F/W fabric.

epsilon22

Reaction score
Compared to the S/S 2023 offerings these are pricier for sure, the cheapest of the current sport coats is $1550, while last season we had a few $1250 jackets. That said, there might be more coming over the next couple of months.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone participated in a recent ring jacket trunk show and can provide some insight on the process / pricing etc.? Would be interested to know how the MTM pricing through the trunk show compares to the Armoury's usual mtm program.

Different cut though why not focus on aesthetics first

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member