• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good luck, Mark!
The Typhoon is coming on Sat!
eh.gif

http://www.jma.go.jp/en/typh/10135.html
So, I wish you more luck!
laugh.gif

Hmmmm....Is that why the logo with umbrella!?
The Fox Umbrella will be the best buy on the opening!!!

Have fun with the new store!

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you everybody for the kind wishes, very nice to wake up to, hope to see you in the store someday! We will make an announcement when the online store is open for business.
Originally Posted by Newcomer
Very exciting! Congratulations on your new venture. Does this mean that there will finally be a source online for Carmina shoes
drool.gif

Yes, it should! Not to sound too gushing but I've worn my Carmina suede wholecuts more than any other shoe this year. We have a bunch of styles including an interesting cordovan moccasin. All will be revealed in due course.
Originally Posted by TRINI
Congrats. I will do an excellent review of the store in exchange for free goods or discounts. Oh wait - I guess I should've pm'ed that.
Dishonesty on the intertubes? Never!
Originally Posted by blofeld
best of luck! I’ll be in the neighborhood next month and will add to the itinerary.
By all means, please drop by. We have air-conditioning and somewhat uncomfortable couches.
Originally Posted by gdl203
Fantastic. Best of luck. If this was in NYC, I'd be camping at your store like a bum...
laugh.gif

We're like the Apple store but smaller and not so computery.
Originally Posted by fox81
Well done and all the best. Saw your little bit in Monocle as well, looks good.
Thanks, I still haven't seen the issue yet but someone else was saying it was a nice writeup.
Originally Posted by emptym
That's great news. Congrats you two! Wish I could be there for the opening. I'm sure it'll be spectacular. You both have such broad and excellent taste. I got to try on* one of the suit coats by Ring Jacket (or was it La Vera Sartoria Napoletana?), and it was very well made too. *Pls. don't post the pics though. So far I've been able to stay out of the creepy images thread...
Thanks mang. Swing by again next time you're in the region, it was good to catch up with you. The jacket you tried on was a Ring Jacket. No guarantees on pic posting if I ever manage to find it again.
Originally Posted by radicaldog
Interesting coat. More details on the maker? This looks like an excellent shop, by the way. Congratulations.
Ring Jacket is a little factory out in Osaka. It's been a family owned business with the 2nd generation been in charge for the last two decades. The current president is a real fan of Italian style tailoring which is why it has since become the company's preferred aesthetic. It's all made in Osaka and a lot of the cloth is sourced from Western Japan as well. They do some really interesting collaborations with mills to create unique cloths such as this season's "mohair flannel". It's available in a few stores in Japan and I think Korea has a department store that carries it as well. That coat is one of their casual sportcoats this season, it's in a jersey knit cashmere and wool mix. We also have it in a grey wool and cotton mix. Pretty durn nice. Their blog is here - http://www.ringjacket.co.jp/mt/ringja/ We have a little write up in our Artisans section here - http://thearmoury.com/artisans/ring-jacket and our blog has a little post talking about the "mohair flannel".
Originally Posted by acidboy
I'd like to see more pics of ring jacket's goodies. please post them.
smile.gif
++++ anyways, good luck yfyf and td! will be visiting your store soon! btw- is this the official sf meeting place in hkg now?

Yes. After 8pm, we set the disco ball to rotate.
Originally Posted by luk-cha
good luck buddy, i hope to pop by some time in this week TTFN!
Mang, you better!
Originally Posted by Fishball
Good luck, Mark! The Typhoon is coming on Sat!
eh.gif
http://www.jma.go.jp/en/typh/10135.html So, I wish you more luck!
laugh.gif
Hmmmm....Is that why the logo with umbrella!? The Fox Umbrella will be the best buy on the opening!!! Have fun with the new store!

Haha ... it would be pretty fitting that our logo has an umbrella in it and it pours on the day of the Grand Opening when the Drakes and RJ guys flew in from London and Osaka. A squall is like a small drizzle, right?

suited&booted

Reaction score
Congrats, good luck and thanks for the invite. Will be in HK in November and I look forward to checking your store out. BTW, I did check out Ring Jacket in Tokyo as recommended by you....looks fantastic.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Could this be the first store in the world to carry all SF-approved products?

Best of luck and will pop in next time I'm in town.

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
First step of worldwide satorical domination: take over SF. Second step: list on HSI

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
Congrats Mark

See you Saturday unless that Typhoon brings us torrential rain, maybe an excuse to pick up one of those nice Brolly's on the way out

IronRock

Reaction score
I am really excited to see the shop in the flesh - question:

Obviously the expat mkt is not going to be your number one target but any chance you will be stocking any larger sizes? In clothes and shoes?

6'5" - 220lbs
Size 11 UK

I can but hope....

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Could this be the first store in the world to carry all SF-approved products?

Only if they stock heavily discounted Mabitex / Incotex

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IronRock
I am really excited to see the shop in the flesh - question:

Obviously the expat mkt is not going to be your number one target but any chance you will be stocking any larger sizes? In clothes and shoes?

6'5" - 220lbs
Size 11 UK

I can but hope....

Actually, we wanted to cater to expats as well so we stock to 11 in most styles and 12 in some others. We also offer G&G mto in whatever size you like.

For smaller sizes, we go as low as 5.5.

arc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Only if they stock heavily discounted Mabitex / Incotex

Don't forget AE seconds.
blush.gif

The store sounds fantastic. Any plans to evangelize Mr. Hills' fanciful tweeds in the East? From what I understand he's always on the lookout for new opportunities, and has some RTW going now.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a sort of design whore, I want to compliment you on a kickass logo. I really like that the lion is waving its umbrella a little bit on the website.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads