• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD

huffether

Reaction score
I've looked at other sites with measurements and they aren't consistent with SSense's so I was hesitant in going with their measurements. I'm sure now 36 will be the choice for me after you mentioned talking about tag sizes in other brands.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I'm a tagged 34 and have the carrot fit trousers in a 42 (true to size) and another pair in a 44 (took the waist in a bit but I feel like sizing up gives a better look).

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah I'm a tagged 34 and have the carrot fit trousers in a 42 (true to size) and another pair in a 44 (took the waist in a bit but I feel like sizing up gives a better look).

I'm able to wear my 42s below my hips, but it's fitted not loose and the seat remains flattering. Wearing them at the waist like most of the models I've seen is way too Family Matters for me.

That's me, though.

Last edited:

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Btw, has it struck anyone else as odd that ami's trousers are labeled in US (maybe FR) sizing, where a 42 is a 34 waist, but their blazers and coats are IT, with 42 being a size they barely carry because its crazy small?

It has allowed me to score my size in at least one pair of trousers that Yoox mislabeled, so not complaining.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm able wear my 42s below my hips, but it's fitted not loose and the seat remains flattering. Wearing them at the waist like most of the models I've seen is way too Family Matters for me.

That's me, though.

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything?
My 42's are fine in the top block but definitely "slim", the 44's are more relaxed, but I had the waist taken in to the same as the 42's, it just gives a little more room (the rise is almost .5" longer and the thigh about a .25" in bigger which, combined, just give its better volume imo). Everything below the knee is the same in both sizes.

Btw, has it struck anyone else as odd that ami's trousers are labeled in US (maybe FR) sizing, where a 42 is a 34 waist, but their blazers and coats are IT, with 42 being a size they barely carry because its crazy small?

It has allowed me to score my size in at least one pair of trousers that Yoox mislabeled, so not complaining.

Yoox ***** everything up. I bought a few pairs of AMI trousers off them that they were calling a size 26 waist, but were tagged as a 42/Large.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything?
My 42's are fine in the top block but definitely "slim", the  44's are more relaxed, but I had the waist taken in to the same as the 42's, it just gives a little more room (the rise is almost .5" longer and the thigh about a .25" in bigger which, combined, just give its better volume imo). Everything below the knee is the same in both sizes.

Yoox ***** everything up. I bought a few pairs of AMI trousers off them that they were calling a size 26 waist, but were tagged as a 42/Large.

My assumption/thought-association when you said you sized up was that you were going for a more bagged-out fit. I was therefore making the point that, for me, wearing my size still allowed me to sag them, as it were, and without it looking unflattering. However, your approach is a wise one for anyone with thighs or calfs - it does get quite narrow toward the hem.

And yup - I too have been scooping the "26s".

huffether

Reaction score
Measurements below for those who are interested/future reference... I think it is specific to the carrot fit trouser (not sure if carrot fit in general)

tag size 36 (all in cm);
waist 79
outside length 100
leg opening 35

tag size 38;
waist 83
outside length 100.5
leg opening 35

tag size 40;
waist 87
outside length 101
leg opening 35

tag size 42;
waist 91
outside length 101.5
leg opening 35.4

tag size 44;
waist 95
outside length 102
leg opening 35.8

tag size 46;
waist 99
outside length 102.5
leg opening 36.2

tag size 48;
waist 103
outside length 103
leg opening 36.6

Last edited:

wanksy

Reaction score
has anyone recently tried the two button coat? how thick is it? i'm trying to decide either that in camel or the acne's garret or sandro?. if fabric is fine gonna go with ami's, acne is great but third world production kinda throws me off.

Last edited:

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

has anyone recently tried the two button coat? how thick is it? i'm trying to decide either that in camel or the acne's garret or sandro?. if fabric is fine gonna go with ami's, acne is great but third world production kinda throws me off. 

My 3-button from last year is, in my opinion, a good weight. I have felt the material of this year's camel 2-button in wool/cashmere/poly blend and it's about the same density, although different material. Can't speak to the 100% wool variety for this year.

judejtaylor

Reaction score
Hi guys, new here...

I love Ami and picked up the Black two button overcoat - The Wool / Poly version (not the more expensive cashmere one) - love it but the 46 (my true to size) was super tight around the arms (not that I work out or anything) and it looked a bit too tailored and it was a pain to layer any jumpers underneath, so exchanged for the 48 which is still pretty tight around the arms, but is more suitable... however it's a little unflattering and it's got a lot of space around the body. Anyone else had similar experiences?

May take it to the tailors

wanksy

Reaction score
Acne Studios wool coats are made in South Korea arent they? Not exactly third world.
definitely made in SK for the charlie/charles but that's almost twice the price of the garret, so idk.
Hi guys, new here...

I love Ami and picked up the Black two button overcoat - The Wool / Poly version (not the more expensive cashmere one) - love it but the 46 (my true to size) was super tight around the arms (not that I work out or anything) and it looked a bit too tailored and it was a pain to layer any jumpers underneath, so exchanged for the 48 which is still pretty tight around the arms, but is more suitable... however it's a little unflattering and it's got a lot of space around the body. Anyone else had similar experiences?

interesting, wondering if it's the same for the cashmere.

-

also i actually found this http://www.selfridges.com/GB/en/cat...86057480-PRXC222PT761/?previewAttribute=Camel
sub 700pounds, cashmere blend and made in italy, but couldn't find it in my size (UK36/IT46), found one at saks but it's priced higher and i will be hit by customs.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hi guys, new here...

Ami's tailoring, in my experience, is very tight across the back and shoulders, as well as in the arms. This is generally true of the blazers I've tried on or own and the coat I own. As a result I've had to size up (to a 56 in the case of the coat), and as a result, and with my coat, there's some residual space where my chest and waist are concerned. Given that it's an overcoat, though, and generally worn with layers, I don't find it to be much of an issue.

If you're going for the SLP look than you might need to find a coat that's both your size and consistently tailored

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How would you guys rate the Ami overcoats compared to mmm, lanvin, etc? I notice they are significantly less expensive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads