• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

he definitely does staples in his own way which is what i really liked, thinking back to 2013 and 2014 when he did them in colors like aubergine and light yellow.  now with the kitschy fruit and smile faces all over the stuff i don't feel like i can wear it as often. still wear his stuff everyday but i just don't buy it as often. it sounds like you have your handle on his stuff at this point but if you ever need a second opinion let me know. perhaps one of these days i will get around to throwing up some of my collection.  his suiting, if you can get a good deal on it (not that difficult), is fantastic especially considering the fabrics. that is what they seemed most proud of when talking to his employee.  i asked if they could post measurements on their site like mrP but i am not going to hold my breath. just go off the mrP measurements if you are looking at anything online, aside from that i wish you luck.  also, therealreal sometimes has good past season pieces for nice prices. worth a look.

Word. Thanks, man.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Continued contribution to the the ami Fan Boy Brain Trust: swooped this guy (Herringbone Wool Blazer - H14V09.17) for a steal off Yoox in a 52, and as it turns out it fits just enough to pass. Still a little snug across the top block of the back/shoulders, but compared to the other ami blazers I have tried - where even a 54 was too snug - this is definitely more capacious.

I don't know whether to attribute this to the fact that this is a Winter item and meant to be worn with layers or because previous ami seasons were looser (as it commonly the case with alot of brands who go the route of increasingly-tailored design). Can't say what collection this is from.

Last edited:

huffether

Reaction score
looking to pick up carrot fit trousers, anyone have actual measurements? fr 38 = 30 (generally speaking) from previous posts ago but looking at SSense fr 36 = 15.25 or 30.5

I take apc pns in 29 and RgT stealth SK in 28, thoughts on fr 36 for these trousers?

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah go with the 36, SSENSE have measurements for that model if you're unsure though. 38 = size 32 btw

Last edited:

juven

Reaction score
unless they have recently changed their measurements 40 actually fits a size 32 and 38 fits a size 30

source: i have about 7 pairs size 40

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

unless they have recently changed their measurements 40 actually fits a size 32 and 38 fits a size 30

source: i have about 7 pairs size 40

I second this - I've tried on different pairs in 40 and 42 and the pair I currently own are a 42. I wear ~34 in dress pants normally.

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think the measurements might be his best bet then? I went with 38 for both of mine (wanting the equivalent of a 32, which is what I wear in most other stuff)

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Think the measurements might be his best bet then? I went with 38 for both of mine (wanting the equivalent of a 32, which is what I wear in most other stuff)

It's a factor of how skinny you are, I suppose - if you have hips that match your waist, have a tiny butt and no thighs or calf meat, and wear 32 in tailored-style dress pants, then a 38 might work. If you have any variance in the above measurements or else wear 32s in vanity-sized dress pants, I'd probably go for a 40.

I don't need to remind everyone that dress pants and jeans measurements are very different.

huffether

Reaction score
Just so we're on the same page, when you guys are talking about size 30/32, that's waist size and not tag size right? I'm asking because of vanity sizing.

Going with SSense's measurements and Franboonestore, I would take 36 but if you guys could measure the waist on a 38 that would be great.

for reference;

https://www.ssense.com/en-us/men/product/ami-alexandre-mattiussi/grey-carrot-fit-trousers/1635523
https://www.fransboonestore.com/col...re-mattiussi-carrot-fit-dry-wool-pants-marine
https://www.fransboonestore.com/col...re-mattiussi-carrot-fit-dry-wool-pants-indigo

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No we're talking about a tag size of 30 or 32 in other brands, and what that can translate to with Ami. Why not look at their measurements for the 38 on the one you linked on SSENSE?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads