• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 2007 NBA Playoffs

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrpologuy
I hate Steve Nash. He is an over rated ***** with no heart. There is no justice in the NBA when he has been an MVP and Kobe has yet to win it.

While I agree that Kobe should have an MVP... this is the guy who was pulling like a dog at his leash to get back on the floor when blood was streaming down his face, who played through a broken tooth, etc etc. I don't think "***** with no heart" really applies here. Overrated? We can debate that one.

Man In Space

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
While I agree that Kobe should have an MVP... this is the guy who was pulling like a dog at his leash to get back on the floor when blood was streaming down his face, who played through a broken tooth, etc etc. I don't think "***** with no heart" really applies here. Overrated? We can debate that one.

I agree - Steve Nash showed great heart that day.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
Don't get me wrong, I love Shaq's one-liners. I just can't take him seriously when he's talking about basketball, especially when it concerns his current or former team/teammates/coach. He's always playing sides. That being said, I leave you with Shaq Quotes.
"Kobe always tried to be a hero. But you know, as the saying goes, a hero ain't nothing but a sandwich."
Ha.

landho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now those haters who say that the Rockets are a better team without Yao will finally get their way as Dikembe Mutumbo, polyglot and humanitarian, fills Yao's ample shoes for the rest of the season.

That said...can anyone imagine the Lakers when Bynum gets back?

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by landho
Now those haters who say that the Rockets are a better team without Yao will finally get their way as Dikembe Mutumbo, polyglot and humanitarian, fills Yao's ample shoes for the rest of the season.

Do you know anyone who actually believes this?

Errr....no, it's scary. They already have the best record in the West after a long road trip. Can you imagine that they get to choose which of their very quick, very long 7-footers gets to guard Duncan/Amare/Boozer/Dirk? That frontcourt has got to be imposing to guards coming down the lane. Lamar Odom is a legit 6' 10" at SF, and they are all young and mobile. And they've got Phil Jackson coaching them through the playoffs. I still can't wrap my head around how good they've gotten.

Honestly, the team I think can beat them in the west are the Spurs, and maybe Utah.

landho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you know anyone who actually believes this?

Being from near Houston originally (and I'm sure that IBleedWhite and Southern-Nupe can chime in here), I hear all kinds of crazy talk from Rockets fans (especially on call-in radio) about how Yao is soft etc. and how the Rockets would actually be better without him. You also hear a lot of talk about how McGrady is garbage and how the Rockets are better without him. While both statements of course are absurd, the second actually contains a kernel of truth worth exploring.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ibleedwhite
I'm pretty much depressed. Our entire season has gone down the drain. to even think, we can go anywhere is wishful thinking.
BTW, I"m a Houston Rockets fan and we just lost Yao.
T-Mac is a cursed athlete . it'll be hard for him to go anywhere.

ibleed,

We're going to get through this...I was just as down as you when the news broke.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by landho

I don't want to imagine the Lakers when Bynum gets back....they're scary as it is.

I actually have a friend who keeps arguing that the Suns are a better team.

landho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rockets may still make the playoffs; it's good experience for the young guys (Landry, Scola, and Brooks especially). Dikembe is pretty good for 20 to 25 minutes a night, although he is garbage offensively. Probably won't win the first series, but probably weren't going to win the lottery, either.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
I had to post this: http://basketbawful.blogspot.com/200...session-i.html

I was actually laughing out loud watching it the second time.

crackup[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads