• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

SouthNarc

Reaction score

Does anyone here own a Utility Shirt in Medium (40) or Large (42)?

Can you provide the shoulder-to-shoulder measurements? Thanks!

I don't own a Utility but I do own Jacks, Mechanics, Californias, Motos and one Yosemite. The shoulder measurement in particular is amazingly consistent and I'm a hair over 19.5" on a tape measure across the shoulders. A 42 (Large) for me is spot on. I'm 5'7" 178 lbs with a 33" waist and a 43" chest. I do get all my T/S shirts shortened to 27" by a seamstress.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Camp pants arrived. Really solid weight and nice cut. I absolutely love them except I should have not sized down. Slightly too tight in the waist and I don't think they would stretch. Sadly have to send them back to TS.

Same here -- went with my denim size but didn't account for lack of stretch. Gonna try to go up a size.

Edit: Check that... They don't show up on the website in any form now, which I assume makes an exchange out of the question. Guess I'll just have to return them. Bummer.

I ordered the same size (31) as my other Camp Pants and and my Democratic Fit chinos (and denim for that matter) and these fit easily 1/2 to a full size smaller. Feels like the overall cut is different if only slightly--leg opening is for sure smaller, and thigh is slimmer. Nice cut, but can't just order same size.

brooks23

Reaction score
I ordered the same size (31) as my other Camp Pants and and my Democratic Fit chinos (and denim for that matter) and these fit easily 1/2 to a full size smaller. Feels like the overall cut is different if only slightly--leg opening is for sure smaller, and thigh is slimmer. Nice cut, but can't just order same size.

That's good to know -- after trying them on again, I was actually waiting to process an exchange until I find my tape measure and make sure I wasn't sent a mislabeled pair. My only TS pants so far are slim denim and since the Camp Pants said they were the same cut as the Chore Pants, I expected the same size to fit a bit looser, if not a lot looser.

Last edited:

summersteve

Reaction score
Happy Monday Everyone!

I'm glad everyone has been receiving their orders!
Most of the Outdoor collection has landed at our warehouse at this point. We're just waiting on a few more Rover Jackets and Field Jackets.

@mikej77 I'm glad Mina got you all squared away with your Camp Pant sizing, she's the greatest.

@Klemins You never know what the future may hold! A black denim Camp Pant would be pretty cool. I'll reach out to my designers re: seam taping and waistbands.

@brooks23 Once you find that tape measure shoot us an email ([email protected]) and we'll get you sorted out. Thanks to @Chylo for the explanation :)

@oboy_oboy Our Camp Pants and Chore Pants have a fit all their own. They fall right in-between our slim and democratic fit. As you've noticed the thigh and leg opening is a little more tapered than our democratic fit.

See everyone Wednesday!

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Happy Monday Everyone!

I'm glad everyone has been receiving their orders!
Most of the Outdoor collection has landed at our warehouse at this point. We're just waiting on a few more Rover Jackets and Field Jackets.

@oboy_oboy
 Our Camp Pants and Chore Pants have a fit all their own. They fall right in-between our slim and democratic fit. As you've noticed the thigh and leg opening is a little more tapered than our democratic fit.

See everyone Wednesday!

Thanks for that, though my main point is these Camp Pants have a different cut than my previous ones--don't think that was ever explicitly called out anywhere.

mikej77

Reaction score
I noticed the Albion Jacket disappeared from the site after it was funded. I should have grabbed it on the preorder.

brooks23

Reaction score
Got a canned reply without any real explanation from my email, so looking for other Camp Pant buyers input here:

Here's the photos of my pants, measured:

These are a tag size 32, which according to the size chart I ordered based on, should have a 34 1/2" waist and 8" leg opening. As the photos show, the waist is over an inch off and the leg opening is almost an inch off. I understand with mass produced clothing there is an occasional margin of error, but based on the sizing chart, these are almost 2 full sizes off. That either means there's a complete lack of oversight in the sizing chart or quality control.

Can anyone with a pair of 33's or 34's post similar photos? I really just want measurements that match up with a size 32 on the chart, because that's what I need. I'm not really interested in swapping these out one size up at a time until I find something that fits, so since customer service can't say anymore than "those look like right, here's how to exchange' I figured I'd try to find someone that could actually help me.

jwbatusic

Reaction score
I ordered chore pants & camp pants - both in size 31. Waist size was accurate but the leg opening measured same as above (just over 7"). I tried 2 different pairs of chore pants & then camp pants. They either changed the leg opening spec or they are all incorrect. Either way I need somewhere close to an 8" opening on these type of pants. Extremely disappointed.

mikej77

Reaction score

Got a canned reply without any real explanation from my email, so looking for other Camp Pant buyers input here: Here's the photos of my pants, measured: These are a tag size 32, which according to the size chart I ordered based on, should have a 34 1/2" waist and 8" leg opening. As the photos show, the waist is over an inch off and the leg opening is almost an inch off. I understand with mass produced clothing there is an occasional margin of error, but based on the sizing chart, these are almost 2 full sizes off. That either means there's a complete lack of oversight in the sizing chart or quality control. Can anyone with a pair of 33's or 34's post similar photos? I really just want measurements that match up with a size 32 on the chart, because that's what I need. I'm not really interested in swapping these out one size up at a time until I find something that fits, so since customer service can't say anymore than "those look like right, here's how to exchange' I figured I'd try to find someone that could actually help me.
I'll measure my 34s when they arrive. I exchanged my 33s but dont remember the measurements. The waist did run small though. With that said, exchange was really simple and Mina was very helpful processing it so no big deal.

stevefok

Reaction score
Hey TS team, any plan for another run of the ISC utility shirt? I bought one too big last time and would love to have another one.

Or if anyone of you have one in size 36 and decided not to keep it, please let me know!!

gambit402

Reaction score
Got an email yesterday saying shipping for workshop items have changed. $6 per item instead of the whole order...not cool.

kjart

Reaction score
Got an email yesterday saying shipping for workshop items have changed. $6 per item instead of the whole order...not cool.

Flat rate international shipping is also gone. Instead of $30 shipping to Canada I'm seeing $65 for two shirts. I can't imagine they will be getting many international orders anymore.

gambit402

Reaction score
Wow...that's crazy. I can't imagine this business model being very effective. Lose customers over shipping seems pretty dumb.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads