• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You've gotten two separate pairs of the Surf Trunks? I ordered them through the Workshop and haven't received them. Emailed them Friday about it and was told they'd ship within 24 hrs. But it's Monday morning and still no shipping notification. I've been a huge cheerleader for TS, but this kind of stuff is annoying. I ordered swimming trunks in April, and they can't fulfill them by Aug. 1? They've been up on the site for more than a week and I'm sitting here having pre-ordered them with no sign of them coming?

th3buhbuh

Reaction score
Both pairs of their Surf Trunks had problems. First one was just a frayed drawstring. 2nd was the back pocket snap tore out.
That snap on the back pocket is overkill for the stretchy fabric. I almost tore mine out as well. I was't sure if the snap was too strong or there was an actual problem, but I kept mine from ripping out (barely)

Bryanb55

Reaction score
I've just had a thorough look at the current sizing guide for shirts and pants and agree with earlier sentiment - completely useless. It is nothing more than a listing of sizes. It must be a placeholder for some new detailed information.

It almost parallels my take on their current customer service situation. It is basically non-existent unless you are lucky enough to flag someone down here or on a public Instagram post.
I have never once had someone pick up the phone when I have tried to call to ask questions and there is currently about a 5-10% chance that someone will answer you when you try to chat on their site. The few times I have gotten a reply in the chat window have ended up with no answers and reconnects because they have "poor internet service" and drop out regularly. Communication has really taken a step back. Perhaps these are growing pains but they have lingered far longer than I would have expected this year.

I am happy that the quality of the garments I have received has not dropped.

devastitis

Reaction score

I've just had a thorough look at the current sizing guide for shirts and pants and agree with earlier sentiment - completely useless.  It is nothing more than a listing of sizes.  It must be a placeholder for some new detailed information.  

It almost parallels my take on their current customer service situation.  It is basically non-existent unless you are lucky enough to flag someone down here or on a public Instagram post.
I have never once had someone pick up the phone when I have tried to call to ask questions and there is currently about a 5-10% chance that someone will answer you when you try to chat on their site.  The few times I have gotten a reply in the chat window have ended up with no answers and reconnects because they have "poor internet service" and drop out regularly.  Communication has really taken a step back.  Perhaps these are growing pains but they have lingered far longer than I would have expected this year.

I am happy that the quality of the garments I have received has not dropped.  
The only way I received a response was by emailing Mina directly. The email system doesn't seem to work, because apparently they emailed me back but I never received said emails.

pima1234

Reaction score
You've gotten two separate pairs of the Surf Trunks? I ordered them through the Workshop and haven't received them. Emailed them Friday about it and was told they'd ship within 24 hrs. But it's Monday morning and still no shipping notification. I've been a huge cheerleader for TS, but this kind of stuff is annoying. I ordered swimming trunks in April, and they can't fulfill them by Aug. 1? They've been up on the site for more than a week and I'm sitting here having pre-ordered them with no sign of them coming?

pima1234

Reaction score
Replacement Navy Camp Shorts arrived today (I guess that did take a little while, come to think of it). Wearing them now. Yes, they're nice.

MSUSpartan

Reaction score
I placed an order last Saturday 7/30 and it still hasn't shipped. Everything was in stock to be "shipped immediately".... sent messages through order email and an direct email to customer service were not responded to.... anyone else had an issues? TS has always been fast to shipped before this order.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New camp pants are up. A little confused why they'd do another olive, but whatever. Back em so they do other colors!

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

New camp pants are up. A little confused why they'd do another olive, but whatever. Back em so they do other colors!

I like herringbone. Looks nice. I was ready to back but I am looking for a zipper. Does TS ever do zipper fronts on camp pants?. I hope fund so they get to the zipper version
1f600.png

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone have the rover jacket? and how does it compare to barbour bedale / ashby in terms of fit? it looks more tailored.

Medoc

Reaction score
anyone have the rover jacket? and how does it compare to barbour bedale / ashby in terms of fit? it looks more tailored.

The rover jacket looks great, I'm diggin that slate color. Although the no side entry front pockets may be a deal breaker for me. I really like jackets to have pockets for my hands, call me crazy. Never had a jacket that can't really be cleaned easily either, may be problematic for me. In for the camp pants though.

mikegnthensome

Reaction score
Are you measuring a shirt that fits you well and using their chart? If you are comparing a shirt you just bought with the size chart (listed above on this page) and they are significantly mismatched, I would email them about it.

I emailed them and they sent the original one to me... I feel the same way in terms of spending on an item that I don't know the measurements of. Even a suggestion of going with your typical size may be off as one designer's vision of how an item should fit is different than a buyer's idea of how they would like an item to fit.
@globalroamer we'll get you settled! Don't you worry... come hell or high water you'll get in the right size.

@peachairfreshen love to hear about your experience personally... can you shoot me a DM or note at [email protected]?

I agree @NorthCoast & @darknight55 that in our attempt to make things easier, we left out a whole lot. The problem originates at if you're a 40 (or 31 waist) and you look at our measurements and see that the inches don't match up, you screw up your sizing. We saw lots of issues with this as more new customers have found our brand but in simplifying it, it got too simple.

In the meantime, the old size charts are posted here and we're working on a better solution. Pinky promise. Being a team of under 15 and trying to stay afloat means some things get deprioritized. Not ideal but what can you do?

Our goal is that no matter the fabric used, if you're a 40 in our Jack, you should always be a 40 throughout which hasn't always been the case
confused.gif
. But that doesn't mean we can't find a better solution for the size chart -- Mucho apologizes.for the headache.

mikegnthensome

Reaction score
Replacement Navy Camp Shorts arrived today (I guess that did take a little while, come to think of it). Wearing them now. Yes, they're nice.
@pima1234 sorry to hear about those troubles ... really seems like you've gotten the short end of the stick in dealing with us but i haven't heard of similar complaints from other customers so it may be a case of being really unlucky (and not widespread issues which tend to happen from time to time - we do our best but we're def. not perfect. Yet.)

Think I saw you left a note on FB -- can you shoot me a DM or email (mikeg@) and we'll get things sorted -- appreciate you hanging with us & apologizes on a far from stellar start. We'll keep workin' on it till it's right, you've got my word.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads