• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I decided to give the moto jacket a shot and wanted to post some thoughts. First TS purchase.

First and foremost, the leather is fantastic. I don't claim to be a leather expert, but it has characteristics that I really enjoy: a deep, rich color - more red to it than I expected - a nice texture / grain, and a thick, sturdy feel that's still pliable.

I like the general makeup with a kidney panel and no bands at the cuffs or hem, the collar is well-proportioned, and I'm a fan of the shoulder gussets for added mobility.

Sleeve and body length are pretty well spot-on in an M, and I'm rather tall and lanky (6'1" and ~ 160 lbs).

I like the two-way front zipper, but the zipper pulls maybe aren't my favorite; the lower zipper has a square opening attached to the slider, and it seems to get stuck in odd positions because of this (like going out at 90 degrees instead of hanging down straight). A different zipper pull might not have this issue.

The quilted lining is thicker than I anticipated. I personally prefer a thinner lining and just add another layer if it's cold out.

Unfortunately, the cut through the body doesn't really work for me so I ended up returning it. An M is too tight in the chest, and even if an L was available I think it would be too boxy through the midsection and waist.

In summary, really nice jacket, just not quite right for me, particularly in the fit department. IIRC my experience has been similar with the one or two other Golden Bear jackets I've tried on.

brooks23

Reaction score
The fit guide for the MW x TS travel chinos links to the slim fit denim sizing chart - is that correct? Same exact measurements?

oynag

Reaction score

...the collar is well-proportioned, and I'm a fan of the shoulder gussets for added mobility.

Good thoughts- wanted to add that it took me a month or so to realize there were snaps holding the collar down. That was a nice touch. And yes, the shoulder gussets do help with arms-out activities. You know, like hugging.

Medoc

Reaction score
One more try, when are the preordered Telegraph jackets going to ship?
If no delays, 5/23 - 5/26. You can find the listed ship date on any item by clicking workshop. Scroll all the way down past the products currently funding and find your item somewhere below there. If they are going to miss that date by more than a few days, you'll get an email notification with an explanation. That's been my experience anyway.

Unit1

Reaction score

I bought a pair of the Slim Jeans from Yoshiwa Mills, in black.

http://www.taylorstitch.com/collections/denim/products/14-oz-yoshiwa-mills-selvage-denim-slim-fit

I am disappointed in my first purchase from Taylor Stitch for the following reasons;

Quality control - the store clerk said the white marks on the pants were just chalk marks, it was really white threads that were in the denim.  Meaning, wherever these pants came from they were likely seconds, or were not checked for mistakes.

Fit - These pants claim to have a "longer crotch".  Well, Im 5'10",  and the crotch is so obnoxiously long that it makes walking at all, or climbing stairs, a totally uncomfortable experience.  Obviously something I didnt pick up on in the dressing room at the SF store. I live in NYC and walk miles almost everyday, so this is not gonna work.  My tailer also caught that the legs were significantly longer than most un-hemmed denim.  Given the extremely longer crotch, and the longer than normal legs,  I have to conclude that these pants are made for tall men.  Overall the fit is extremely poor and I am sending them back.

I contacted their customer service and the process was confusing.  People would respond to the email and offer to help, then disappear and never respond again.  Their customer service is what I would call challenging at best.

I buy a lot from RRL and Self Edge and would consider myself a fairly savvy buyer, even though I rushed this buy as I was going to buy tacos in SF.  I have also owned and run apparel start ups, so I am not into Yelp bashing.  I think if they get some constructive feedback it will make this company better.  I doubt I will make another purchase.

This is my first post and I joined just to share my cs experiences. They are not good and I have purchased about 5 garments so far. My experiences mirror the quoted poster. I recieved wrong shirt. Current workshop backed months ago, send email, no response other than auto confrm, send another, auto confirm, 2 days later response, asks what prob is explain, no response after that, another email etc all different people responding. Tweet Mina, Mina ignores me as usual, and now its a week and Im afraid my prebacked shirt will not be available. Mina is a CS rep who takes customer criticism personally, not in the positive sense, and thats not professional. In our last email encounters she did nothing but make excuses and never, not once apologized for any inconvenience, and here we go again. Bear in mind I was always civil. And the cycle repeats itself. I like their clothes but it seems one hand does not seem to know what the other is doing, and the person nominally responsible for customer satisfaction cops an attitude and does nothing to rectify or assuage an annoyed customer. Its not a good look and think my run with TS is over. I want my Jacquard Choreshirt, the one I backed and paid for and call it a day. I'm very aggravated.

th3buhbuh

Reaction score
This is my first post and I joined just to share my cs experiences. They are not good and I have purchased about 5 garments so far. My experiences mirror the quoted poster. I recieved wrong shirt. Current workshop backed months ago, send email, no response other than auto confrm, send another, auto confirm, 2 days later response, asks what prob is explain, no response after that, another email etc all different people responding. Tweet Mina, Mina ignores me as usual, and now its a week and Im afraid my prebacked shirt will not be available. Mina is a CS rep who takes customer criticism personally, not in the positive sense, and thats not professional. In our last email encounters she did nothing but make excuses and never, not once apologized for any inconvenience, and here we go again. Bear in mind I was always civil. And the cycle repeats itself. I like their clothes but it seems one hand does not seem to know what the other is doing, and the person nominally responsible for customer satisfaction cops an attitude and does nothing to rectify or assuage an annoyed customer. Its not a good look and think my run with TS is over. I want my Jacquard Choreshirt, the one I backed and paid for and call it a day. I'm very aggravated.
Just out of curiosity....are you tweeting/emailing them for a return rather than using their website's return manager? The only time I've ever had an issue with a return was during the holidays when they were swamped. Otherwise, it's as simple as clicking on "Return" on the item from your order in your Account page. They ask what was wrong and how you'd like to resolve it - I've never gotten an incorrect item, but I've gotten incorrectly tagged ones (Charcoal Telegraph trousers were 2" too big in the waist.). I just returned something two weeks ago and had a shipping label in a few hours...

I hate to be that guy, but every interaction I've had with Mina or the other TS folks has been beyond stellar.

Perhaps @mikegnthensome can help rectify this for you.

Unit1

Reaction score
No I just want an exchange for the correct shirt, they sent the salt & pepper instead of the white jaquard. Just now I got an email from "chilli" or slt with a return pdf but she wants to send the work oxford which I recieved like a month ago. Its too much effort. I have yet to get a confirmation that yes we are sending you the shirt you ordered.

mikegnthensome

Reaction score
No I just want an exchange for the correct shirt, they sent the salt & pepper instead of the white jaquard. Just now I got an email from "chilli" or slt with a return pdf but she wants to send the work oxford which I recieved like a month ago. Its too much effort. I have yet to get a confirmation that yes we are sending you the shirt you ordered.
@Unit1 We just switched over to a 3rd party fulfillment center that while we were told was going to be seamless was far beyond seamless. I understand your frustration & I've also been kinda behind as I broke my ankle a lil over a month ago and I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.
Send me a DM & I'll get things sorted.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience but I'm also not going to throw my team under the bus that works incredibly hard to try and deliver top notch quality service as a small team. Our brand may not be for everybody & that's for you to decide as a customer. I don't really appreciate public bashing of individuals on our CX team, no matter how upset you are. If you have an issue specifically & have read more than one page on this thread, you'll see I lead this team and try and respond in a timely matter. So really, if you want to address any single person who screwed up, it's me.

TL;DR - apologizes. At the end of the day, your gripes are with Taylor Stitch as a company and not a specific employee. I'll send you a DM.

Lt Dongle

Reaction score
@Unit1 We just switched over to a 3rd party fulfillment center that while we were told was going to be seamless was far beyond seamless. I understand your frustration & I've also been kinda behind as I broke my ankle a lil over a month ago and I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience but I'm also not going to throw my team under the bus that works incredibly hard to try and deliver top notch quality service as a small team. Our brand may not be for everybody & that's for you to decide as a customer. I don't really appreciate public bashing of individuals on our CX team, no matter how upset you are. If you have an issue specifically & have read more than one page on this thread, you'll see I lead this team and try and respond in a timely matter. So really, if you want to address any single person who screwed up, it's me.

TL;DR - apologizes. At the end of the day, your gripes are with Taylor Stitch as a company and not a specific employee. I'll send you a DM.

Hats off to you Mike for taking bullets for your team. I was also caught up in some of the logistics mess, but you and your team straightened things out for me eventually and I appreciate that. Mistakes happen to everyone and it sucks to be the "victim" (hate to use that word for people who did not receive their expensive clothes when they wanted to), but a little patience and forgiveness go a long way.

Unit1

Reaction score

@Unit1
 We just switched over to a 3rd party fulfillment center that while we were told was going to be seamless was far beyond seamless. I understand your frustration & I've also been kinda behind as I broke my ankle a lil over a month ago and I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy. 

I'm sorry you had a bad experience but I'm also not going to throw my team under the bus that works incredibly hard to try and deliver top notch quality service as a small team. Our brand may not be for everybody & that's for you to decide as a customer. I don't really appreciate public bashing of individuals on our CX team, no matter how upset you are. If you have an issue specifically & have read more than one page on this thread, you'll see I lead this team and try and respond in a timely matter.  So really, if you want to address any single person who screwed up, it's me. 

See this is exactly what Im talking about. I am the customer. I spent money on your products and services and am not recieving the product I paid for. Bashing your team? I shared my experience. It seems you and your employee are extremely thin skinned. I dont want a flame war, but no this should be adressed in public. Every time is an excuse last time it was a holiday, time before it was a shipping center problem. You have a public face on social media, dont get all butthurt because I share that my interchanges with her where unsatifactory. If you feel you are an established enough company that can assume a hostile tone to repeat customers, hey cool, see ya. Send my shirt and well be done. But I don't think thats a good business model even for Behemoth Co. Industries Ltd..

Unit1

Reaction score

Hats off to you Mike for taking bullets for your team. I was also caught up in some of the logistics mess, but you and your team straightened things out for me eventually and I appreciate that. Mistakes happen to everyone and it sucks to be the "victim" (hate to use that word for people who did not receive their expensive clothes when they wanted to), but a little patience and forgiveness go a long way.

my patience wore thin as this is the 3rd issue Ive had with a negative experience. I owe these companies nothing, do you feel you do?Ive obviously been so irritated as to form an acct just to post on this thread. Criticism is necessary for any organization to consider in order to grow. If I had a bad experience with an employee of said company why should I not make management aware of it. This is absurd.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads