• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

mikegnthensome

Reaction score
Interesting Seavees. @mikegnthensome
- how do these fit? Normal Van's slip-on/Chucks sizing?
@th3buhbuh SeaVees people are great. We'd been wanting to sync up on a collaboration so glad we could finally make it happen.

Normal sizing, wouldn't run narrow. I'd buy your regular Van's/Chucks. They dress up and down pretty well for an ankle boot. I keep showcasing Pete from North Menswear (but he's kinda a hero for all men around so no shame) but here's a pic of Pete rockin' the Huntington in shorts:

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys hem pants if I buy in store? And if so, would you keep a record of that so I could order my pants hemmed in the future?

drewcandraw

Reaction score

Do you guys hem pants if I buy in store? And if so, would you keep a record of that so I could order my pants hemmed in the future?

They do hem for free in store and I think just shoot them an email about hemming before sending out. I have gotten my stuff hemmed and pick up in store since I'm local.

Medoc

Reaction score
Please release the camp pant in some sort of washed duck, similar to the shorts you're offering!

Totally, more offerings of the camp pant in some more versatile options please. The natural, indigo, and light green have all appeared to fund but I know you guys would really get a stronger feel for the demand those pants with different colors.

gotribe

Reaction score
Pumped about the striped short sleeve California's, the fabric looks dope!!

Only regret is similar to the California Aloha and board shorts, I wish the delivery date was earlier in the summer. By the time the striped California's are delivered (around 8/1) it will have been >80 degrees most days for two months on the east coast or in the south. Late May/early June would be ideal for summer drops for those of us with hot and humid summers.

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TS folks, just some feedback here. At $98 those short sleeve shirts feel a bit steep to me, especially for something that I have to wait 3 months for. I mean from my POV, not sure why a thin SS cotton shirt costs as much as say, the Yosemite?

Sudonihm

Reaction score
TS folks, just some feedback here. At $98 those short sleeve shirts feel a bit steep to me, especially for something that I have to wait 3 months for. I mean from my POV, not sure why a thin SS cotton shirt costs as much as say, the Yosemite?

Agree. While I am happy that the Madras shirts dropped, my feedback would include that prices have gone up IMO too much, in-stock stuff seems to be going down (was told by TS that they don't restock until all sizes are out????), and there is a long wait time to receive products that are either late in the season or post-season. From a look at the workshop funding percentages though, it looks like lots of people disagree.

goldenbear

Reaction score
Exactly. I dont want a short sleeve shirt August 1st, I want it for a nice day right now, or June at the latest. I would have probably purchased the beach jacket, but I dont need a jacket in July. On the East Coast jackets are rarely necessary July and August. That said if the business model is working, who am I to suggest a change. Im only stating my own preferences as a consumer.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think short sleeves are a little deceptive - they cost close to the same as a long sleeve to make.

Regarding timing of launches, I agree with some of the criticism but think it's a problem most company's that crowd fund run into. It's sort of a difficult issue though - if they launched the short sleeves in February, when it's still cold in many parts of the country, are you going to buy them? It might be difficult to get the same amount of funding for seasonal items when the weather is completely different at the time of purchase. It seems simple but purchasing patterns are weird, so I wouldn't be surprised if it had an effect.

Last edited:

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think short sleeves are a little deceptive - they cost close to the same as a long sleeve to make.

Regarding timing of launches, I agree with some of the criticism but think it's a problem most company's that crowd fund run into. It's sort of a difficult issue though - if they launched the short sleeves in February, when it's still cold in many parts of the country, are you going to buy them? It might be difficult to get the same amount of funding for seasonal items when the weather is completely different at the time of purchase. It seems simple but purchasing patterns are weird, so I wouldn't be surprised if it had an effect.

I get that, but aside from a little less fabric needed, it just seems to me like it would be harder to craft a long sleeve shirt (and thus require more skill). I mean the long haul jacket I got through the workshop I think was $138. How is a short sleeve cotton shirt do close in price to that?? Look TS needs to price it to make money - just saying I'm not interested at that price no matter how cool they look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads