• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear a medium in J Crew slims and BB extra slims. I'm going for the size 40 on the Yosemite, because in my experience "pre-shrunk" is a lie unless you are meticulous about hand washing and hang drying. My size 38 from last year definitely shrank a bit, especially in the sleeves. Anyway, just went ahead and ordered one in each color, trying not to convince myself to buy a an extra red.

taylorstitch

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Does anyone have experience with Rogue Territory and Taylor Stitch? a Medium fits me perfectly in the work shirts and Maker shirts, how should I size in TS? particularly looking at the yosemite shirts. . . 

I haven't worn TOO much RT but I find that their stuff is pretty similar. In my experience our 38 is pretty close to their Medium and a 40 to the Large, to give you a starting point.

I like with the work shop that you started noting the guys stats, and what size shirt they're wearing. Can you please continue this?

What size yosemite shirts are the guys wearing in the photos? I normally wear a medium, but never bought a yosemite and would like to know if I need to go TTS or size up as I heard the sleeves were shorter last year?

The fella in red is wearing a size 40, as is the dude modeling the grey. (Say hi to Barrett and Michael, two of our three co-founders.) Dusty Blue is, I believe, wearing a 42. Plus, here's our fit guide-- which we're pretty sure is going to be quite accurate for the new shirts. The aforementioned Barrett actually just recently made sure to update the fit guide to compensate for a few seasons of slight alterations to the fit. It's a never-ending pursuit of perfection.

I wear a medium in J Crew slims and BB extra slims. I'm going for the size 40 on the Yosemite, because in my experience "pre-shrunk" is a lie unless you are meticulous about hand washing and hang drying. My size 38 from last year definitely shrank a bit, especially in the sleeves. Anyway, just went ahead and ordered one in each color, trying not to convince myself to buy a an extra red.

We're pretty serious about pre-shrunk-- our factory puts almost all of the fabrics we use through a pretty serious ringer to soften up the fabric. THAT SAID, my gut tells me that the chamois factory is going to be way more shrink-friendly than the oxfords and chambrays we use. Thicker fabrics often make up slightly larger, too, though, so I think most guys should feel very safe going with their true size.

Just like denim, most fabrics shrink lengthwise, not width-wise. That's why sleeves, tails, and collars are usually the parts that shrink. Wash it cold and hang dry it and you shouldn't see more than a half-inch of shrink in the length. I'll see if I can't wash-test a Yosemite shirt for you guys and give you some more precise measurements.

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
Is the Rust Yosemite the same color as last years Red? From the pic, it looks to be kind of orange-ish color?

Thank you!

matt1985

Reaction score
I haven't worn TOO much RT but I find that their stuff is pretty similar. In my experience our 38 is pretty close to their Medium and a 40 to the Large, to give you a starting point.
The fella in red is wearing a size 40, as is the dude modeling the grey. (Say hi to Barrett and Michael, two of our three co-founders.) Dusty Blue is, I believe, wearing a 42. Plus, here's our fit guide-- which we're pretty sure is going to be quite accurate for the new shirts. The aforementioned Barrett actually just recently made sure to update the fit guide to compensate for a few seasons of slight alterations to the fit. It's a never-ending pursuit of perfection.

We're pretty serious about pre-shrunk-- our factory puts almost all of the fabrics we use through a pretty serious ringer to soften up the fabric. THAT SAID, my gut tells me that the chamois factory is going to be way more shrink-friendly than the oxfords and chambrays we use. Thicker fabrics often make up slightly larger, too, though, so I think most guys should feel very safe going with their true size.

Just like denim, most fabrics shrink lengthwise, not width-wise. That's why sleeves, tails, and collars are usually the parts that shrink. Wash it cold and hang dry it and you shouldn't see more than a half-inch of shrink in the length. I'll see if I can't wash-test a Yosemite shirt for you guys and give you some more precise measurements.

Thanks for the info! Really looking forward to future projects. Are any jackets in the pipelines? I loved the maritime jacket that was made out of melton wool a while back, but missed out... Would love to grab one, or something similar later on down the track.

rusticchasm

Reaction score
quick! before the yosemite funding ends! will this season's be longer? fingers crossed on not since the old fit perfectly

Creasy729

Reaction score
Just got my slim workshop chinos yesterday and have to say that I am thrilled with them. The sizing chart was spot-on and the fit is perfect for me as a tall, slim guy. The fabric also feels a lot more substantial as compared to what you get with something like J.Crew urban slims. Hope more are made in the future, as I would love to pick some up in other colors.

Tdizzle

Reaction score
I also agree that the chinos are absolutely incredible. The fit and fabric is awesome. I haven't worn chinos since high school... But these are legit.

Also hoping the Yosemite shirts are a little bit longer than prior years. the fit on all my NEW TS shirts seems perfect after a few washes... it shrinks to the right size.

1989thenumber

Reaction score
My Sea Washed Japanese Denim Glacier Shirt just arrived. It's really nice, but the measurements are not accurate. I got a 40, the same size as the previous Fair Ends collab - the Sea Washed Indigo Selvage Chambray Glacier Shirt.

Although the fit guide for both have exactly the same measurements, the new shirt is slightly smaller. In particular, the sleeves are a good inch shorter and it's tighter in the chest and a little shorter.

I'm tossing up about returning for a 42. I like in the pic on the website how the guy is wearing it as an overshirt, over a henley. I don't think I could layer underneath as it is. I'm also concerned about shrinkage - any shrinkage at all and it won't work for me.

@taylorstitch what kind of shrinkage can I expect on this?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzzsssgy