• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still I agree with your feeling.
Again that would be only for external debt, right? They could reduce their internal debt such as pensions by paying out in drachmas which could be devalued.
Yes that is true, internal obligations would then be in Drachmas. Greece would have to important from the EU though so pensioners would probably need more.

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Equities up across the board... but so is Gold, Silver, and Treasury bonds. Aren't these usually inverse?

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm still salty over my APPL purchase last year.

Join the club. I've made good money on AAPL over the years but I bought some at 129 last July. I've been averaging down ever since.

Current cost basis is around $116

brokencycle

Reaction score

That's a quaint theory, but a country like Spain has a corrupt system and a lazy work culture (how many times have you heard of a hard working Spaniard?), I have trouble seeing how it can happen. They'd have to give up their midnight dinners on Tuesday, 6 weeks of paid vacations, and their political system full of graft would basically have to be dismantled. Good luck.

And Greece is even worse.

Again, I agree. I'm just saying it is possible.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
So with the REIT game it's usually about holding it and collecting a dividend but I've actually found them often better to trade with... for example. CLDT is a tiny little healthcare reit with a decent enough yield, but I find it regularly bounces between 21 and 22, only a 5% spread but it seems to happen like once a week so I keep adding and selling more and more every time it does that little move which seems to happen regularly.

NYRT was recently down heavy and I bought into it, at 9 and again it seems to go between 9-9.5 fairly often. I set orders to buy more at 8.5 and sell at 10.5 but I'm thinking I'm better off buying and selling the whole position every time it bounces up and down that 5% range.

BKD seems to have come down a LOT and none of y'all commented on my question above so I don't know what's up with it. I finally decided to buy into it today at 15 more or less. Wish I'd caught it a few days ago when my alert went off at 14.5. I don't believe there's a dividend but it seems to have a huge range on share price so I plan to flip it. I was doing the same thing with HHC which seemed to move between 100-110 fairly regularly. At one point it went as low as about 85-90, I think this was back in February which was epic-ly low. I think i sold it all around 110-115 and have been waiting to buy back in around 100-105 but hasn't seem to have hit that point even considering the past few days of action.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't follow BKD actively but know a little about them. They bought a company in 2014 and it seems like there were some integration issues with that process. An activist investor took a stake in early 2015 and earned some board seats shortly there after. BKDs stock has had a downward trajectory since the middle of last year and selling seems to be exaggerated given they haven't totally missed estimates every quarter like some other companies. It looks like they are sitting around 15 now and 20 could be likely. If you want to put a level around where the activist bought in, that could be potential gains so above 30.

I would note their earnings release date as we are getting into that season again just in case you have some gains you want to lock in and not ride through an announcement.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ Thanks. I got in with a very small position just to sort of get in there. If it drops I'll buy more, if it goes up enough I'm out. If it had a nice 7-12% dividend I'd wait around but without it it's got to be as quick a flip as possible.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So we are close to where we finished the day last Wednesday. It is like the market just brushed off Brexit Friday and Monday and carried on. This all while everyone says the world is slowing down. Weird and scary market.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads