• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
No nudies. Defined risk theta plays or CCs/CSPs. That way you either know the max loss going in or you at worse cap your upside with a CC or baghold an underlying.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not stonks.

Never understood why people were so obsessed with it. Ackman is a SHOCKINGLY good salesperson (and a dead ringer for what Bezos would have looked like if he didn't bald), but he loses money.

Ackman and Peter Thiel invite you to give them your money and shut up while doing it. But people keep playing...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Tendies are tougher this week which seems odd.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tendies are tougher this week which seems odd.

I took out another $50k loan to buy stonks on monday (after the close so orders thankfully didn't go in until Tuesday morning).

Hard to turn down the 2% loans M1 Finance is offering...and since the home search is paused, I'm free to lever up!

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday was a huge red-to-green day. It was like at 1p EST people woke up and hit the buy button.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I took out another $50k loan to buy stonks on monday (after the close so orders thankfully didn't go in until Tuesday morning).

Hard to turn down the 2% loans M1 Finance is offering...and since the home search is paused, I'm free to lever up!

This is the way. Triple leveraged, I hope?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
M1 only lets you borrow 35% of your equity, so...that'd be a max of 1.35X leverage if I borrowed it all

Although I suppose I could buy a triple leveraged ETF. Then I'd be at quadruple leverage!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
That's really pretty good as my Fidelity margin is 4.5% for the first 100k then goes down somewhat. I don't use margin but having that designation means you don't have to wait for funds to settle to use them for another purchase.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just took money from a loanshark at 45% interest rate and the middle toe of my left foot. I couldn't negotiate the pinky toe. Now I look like a fourple leveraged pig.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, you guys gamble invest your own money? Jesus Christ that's irresponsible.
Does this commentary hold up if you invest your wife's money?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics