• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's in their pipeline again? The Bolt?

I honestly have no idea, I only noticed at the end of the day and have been too busy to do any research.

Still I'm presuming, barring the research that I will do, that analysts make take this into account in their projections.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, how many of those do they make a year?

No idea. ATS and CT6 are new and CTS just got remodeled. I know the regular ATS and CTS have been doing ****** this year but supposedly the V's should do relatively well.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No idea. ATS and CT6 are new and CTS just got remodeled. I know the regular ATS and CTS have been doing ****** this year but supposedly the V's should do relatively well.

The cars are immaterial in terms of GM's sales and they aren't halo cars.

If you base investment in GM on the CTS-V, you need your head re-examined. Their broader portfolio - pushing on the Volt, pushing on their truck lineup vs. Ford and Toyota, etc. make much more sense as an NPV view.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
So... HDP, what the hell? Was chugging along, then after market jumps up 13%, opens and drops and drops and drops and ends up basically even. I was going to sell but figured it would jump after the open.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not confident in the earnings call?

Not at all. I never should have bought into it in the first place because I'm not bullish on retail in general, but that was a mistake I learned from.

Retail sales report was flat today and Macy's missed their expectations. Given that I consider Macy's to be the leader in the retail space, their miss makes me that much less confident in JCP's earnings.

Last edited:

brokencycle

Reaction score

Not at all. I never should have bought into it in the first place because I'm not bullish on retail in general, but that was a mistake I learned from.

Retail sales report was flat today and Macy's missed their expectations. Given that I consider Macy's to be the leader in the retail space, their miss makes me that much less confident in JCP's earnings.

Yeah. It looks like RL missed today too.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ugh, I'm still 89% cash in my brokerage account right now. I'm too nervous to add any sizable holdings. I'm scared there's giong to be a sizable correction this summer.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah. It looks like RL missed today too.

The outlook on JCP is so negative though that just a slight beat means their shares will pop like 10% I believe.

In b4 an earnings beat and share pop
1f62d.png

brokencycle

Reaction score

Ugh, I'm still 89% cash in my brokerage account right now. I'm too nervous to add any sizable holdings. I'm scared there's giong to be a sizable correction this summer.

Just short sell everything. Nothing can go wrong. Also, options, again, risk free.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
London Banker