• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

T shirt underneath a dress shirt?

tvo7

Reaction score
Do many on here wear one under a dress shirt or no?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

12345Michael54321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some do. Some don't.

Of those men who do wear an undershirt, some wear one all or most of the time. Others, some of the time. Still others, infrequently.

Alpha11

Reaction score
I always wear a T shirt when dressing up rather it be in a dress shirt or a casual. It keep my shirts cleaner longer. I guess the Army got me use to doing it but i will not wear a crew neck that shows from underneath near the neck. That much I will not do from my time in the Army..lol!

Buckeye2001

Reaction score
I wear an white tee shirt everyday of the week. Some V-neck. Other days traditional collar. Other times sleeves tees.

tvo7

Reaction score

I always wear a T shirt when dressing up rather it be in a dress shirt or a casual. It keep my shirts cleaner longer. I guess the Army got me use to doing it but i will not wear a crew neck that shows from underneath near the neck. That much I will not do from my time in the Army..lol!

Do you like to wear the undershirt with a v-neck?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Batch Mens

Reaction score
I agree with @Alpha11 . I definitely recommend wearing a t-shirt underneath your dress shirts. Deep v-neck t-shirts are the way to go. They are low enough that you can still leave the top buttons open and not see them. If you live in a hot climate like I do t-shirts definitely extend the life of your dress shirts helping to eliminate yellowing underarms. If you are wearing a white or lighter color shirt and are concerned about it being visible underneath try wearing a light grey t-shirt. I know it's counterintuitive, but it works. One brand I particularly like for deep v-neck t-shirts is Canvas. They are long enough to stay tucked in and have a nice deep v.

toplel

Reaction score
+1 on grey deep v-neck.

I don't always wear one, only if there's a chance of, er, visible nipples
patch[1].gif

They can be hard to find at a reasonable price, I had my tailor deepen a few of them for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads