• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SW&D SWAP 1.0 ***PEACE & LOVE EDITION***

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my package from thatguymj (after a little snafu from the post office) and WOW, it's really fantastic. A big thank you for such a great box.

First off, some small treats, including some sweets from Preston's in SF (looks like the chocolate covered fortune cookie go smashed :angry: but it will still taste good). The HMxMM magnets are a nice touch for sure, but the Cliff House paperweight is my fave. Also, the mini Visvm key chain means I now officially own a Visvm product.

A couple back issues of Art International, which I will def enjoy

A Wings + Horns henley in my favorite color, indigo/navy. I've never thought I look that great in henleys but this one will inspire me to work it into a layering fit.

And last but most bestest: A Band of Outsiders cookie cutter set. This is pretty great since my wife went to culinary school and when it comes to baking, she does not **** around. My cookies will be so Wes Anderson you won't be able to stand it.

This was a really thoughtful (and generous) box, and totally epitomizes the spirit of the swap. Thanks again to the organizers and all the participants.

singh02

Reaction score
Got my package from beingjbot! Thanks man.

Enclosed
1. Pocky pretzel chocolate sticks - I think I finished them in a day.
2. Chocolate raisins- still working on these.
3. Thai massage oil - have a girl in mind for this
4. Alora ambience spray - for the bathroom. Kinda a floral locker room smell. Lol.
5. USA pocket square
6. Mouth guard for Muay Thai - thanks! I won't look like a Canadian hockey player no more! :)
6. And a hand written note- Really appreciated this!

Last edited:

Zeemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry for posting a picture that late

this was from a fellow linguist

NIPPLE STICKERS
2x Pantharella Socks (Merino, Cotton)
Hero Magazine
I-D Magazine

Thanks!!

i sent my package to caseyfud in december, he didn't post pictures so i'll just write what i sent to him:

book about "de stijl"
book about ernst ludwig kirchner (german painter)
haribo
chocolate bars
dries van noten lookbooks
raf simons coca cola can
uniqlo airism t-shirt

Last edited:

Zeemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for example:
Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz

" beef labeling supervision duties delegation law"
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz

or

(i think this is "officially" the longest word

Donaudampfschiffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft
"Association for subordinate officials of the head office management of the Danube steamboat electrical services"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donaud...nhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft

these long words consist of everyday german words, and probably most know what is meant .
compound nouns are kind of common in german

bundesverfassungsgericht
"Federal Constitutional Court of Germany"
is quiet long, but a lot of words concerning rights, state and regulations are pretty long

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
who's in for another round? part of me says we should do a 'no clothes' version. the local stuff is way cooler than the clothing IMO

spacepope

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about round 2 and a) I'm not crazy about organizing it because I'm ******* terrible at organizing things and b) I think doing a swap during the summer wouldn't be a bad idea. The forum is usually slower around then and since people don't have as much holiday stuff on their plate packages should come in on time and be a little less rushed. But I don't know.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey notwithit, haven't heard if you received anything?

I'm hoping you did and just didn't indicate so.

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it will be cool if we do this bi annually. During the summer, there's many farmers market and outdoor fairs that sell goodies and cool stuffs that you can't find during the winter. So yeah I'll be in if there's a swap this summer.

nineohtoo

Reaction score
Summer and Holiday swaps sound like a good idea because of the said reasons above. I'd be down to do it again and don't mind if we keep it semi-clothes related.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batikslot