• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Superman VS Batman - Movie Thread (May 6, 2016)

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, definitely!

Honestly if WB just does their films like their animated ones, it would be a guaranteed billion dollar blockbuster all the time.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I´m not really behind the whole "superman doesn´t kill", it´s so stupid. Obviously I don´t expect to see him killing bad guys left and right, but the setup for Zod´s death was well done. Do you kill him or allow him to murder (even more) humans?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Zod trolled him hard. Supes got mad. Thus, Zod's neck was snapped.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why Warner Bros.' Superman-Batman Movie Cast a Young Lex Luthor

Warner Bros. toyed with luring a veteran to tackle the role of Lex Luthor in its untitled Superman-Batman film, but the studio ultimately stuck to a next-gen mandate. In fact, newly anointed Lex Jesse Eisenberg (CAA, Felker Toczek) was not the only 30-year-old courted for the role: A source says Girls' Adam Driver was approached to play Superman's nemesis but had a conflict, and Joaquin Phoenix passed.

The new Lex will skew much younger than Superman Returns' Kevin Spacey (46 at the time) and Superman's Gene Hackman (48) but will be more in line with several recent graphic-novel and TV incarnations, in which he is a childhood friend of the young Man of Steel. With 30-year-old Henry Cavill returning as Superman in the May 2016 release, the actors' ages align. By contrast, Bryan Cranston, whose name emerged last summer as Warners' prototype for the bald nemesis, is 27 years older than Cavill.

However, multiple sources say Cranston never was approached for the role, nor was 57-year-old Tom Hanks, whose name had been discussed internally. Sources say that the studio and director Zack Snyder aren't casting a wide net with plenty of auditions to fill roles but are targeting actors from a narrow shortlist of those they want. "Zack doesn't see a lot of people," said one person with knowledge of the process.

In a Jan. 31 statement about the casting of Eisenberg and Jeremy Irons as Alfred, Snyder promised the young actor will take the character "in some new and unexpected directions." The studio is so tight-lipped about what that might mean, it declined to confirm whether The Social Network Oscar nominee will shave his curly mop. After all, in his earliest DC Comics appearances, Lex is shown with a full head of red hair.

Matt Damon on the storyline:

“I've seen a picture,” Matt Damon told MTV News at the premiere of The Monuments Men. “I have seen a picture. It's excellent. And I've talked to him about the storyline, and it's great. Look, I've known him for thirty-something years,” he said. “I'd be the first guy being like, 'Buddy, what are you doing?' But I think the movie is going to be great.”

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Joaquin Phoenix would have been interesting. Relieved that Adam Driver passed. Can't stand him.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Continually amazed by how good the DC animated movies are. Sorry - haven't seen WAR yet, but that looks good.

FWIW, think Irons will be a great Alfred.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Continually amazed by how good the DC animated movies are. Sorry - haven't seen WAR yet, but that looks good.

FWIW, think Irons will be a great Alfred.

I thought War was pretty mediocre (especially Darkseid and Wonder Woman and do we need another origin story?, however the Batman/Green Lantern banter was fun) and Superman Unbound was just horrible, possibly because of Bruce Timm no longer being involved.

All that said, Flashpoint paradox was excellent.

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of, did anyone read that **** that Synder said about how he thought his WATCHMEN adaptation was basically the best possible movie version it could have been?

This guy is proving time and again that he got lucky with 300. He's been coasting ever since

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think you misinterpreted what he said. He meant it was the best adaptation from the time since the film was going to be made and the alternative was a lot crappier where in the end Dr Manhattan returns in time to stop himself before he became Dr Manhattan and the end the heroes never existed. I mean read the story plans of the other dude who would have done if Snyder didnt.

I liked Snyders Watchmen though, outside of the ending, it was page for page adaptation of the graphic novel, the extended version is even better. I also understand why a giant squid in the end would have looked stupid, i liked his nuke the city ending better actually. As much id love to see a giant squid, it just wouldnt make much sense, tachyon nuke was a good alternative i thought.

Overall, outside of making it a 5-part mini-series, not really sure anything else could make the film better. I mean watched the digital comics and that thing is long and literally cut by episode for each character and that wouldnt work for an actual film unless he makes it like 5-6 hours long.

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The best adaptation would have been no adaptation.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ugh, like I said, they were set on making it with or without him. Again read the alternative and what would have been made by the other director and youll give Snyder a pass at it.

Snyder did the exact same thing with 300 btw, a page for page adaptation. And Snyders Dawn of the Dead was pretty damn good too and I liked Man of Steel a lot and many, many others did too, its not about luck. The biggest thing he needs to fix is Goyers writing and that is being done by bringing in Afflecks Argo writer to straighten it all up for this film.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads