• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Murph65

Reaction score
Strange. I've found that their jackets have about 2.5" from cuff edge to button, which allows for 1.5" of shortening...

From the Suitsupply website:
In-house tailoring:

JACKET

• Take in/let out seams $28
  • Take in centre back seam $16
  • Shorten $40
  • Shorten/lengthen sleeves (possible up to 3/4 of an inch, due to functioning buttonholes) $28
  • Shorten sleeves from shoulder $75
  • Square back neck $20
  • Narrowing shoulders $75
  • Add shoulder padding $20

What they could do is provide the details of the surgeons cuffs but not cut the buttonholes. For those who do not need extensive shortening they could be easily cut and the buttons resewn. For those who do need more extensive shortening, a tailor can pick the uncut buttonhole stitching and adjust accordingly. Many labels do it this way and it is much more flexible.

Murph65

Reaction score
The other issue with shortening from the sleeve head is that on patterned jackets, of which Suitsupply priduces many, the pattern is disrupted. And if arms are different lengths then the pattern is disrupted differently at a very visible spot - the sleeve head.

Lastly, not all Suitsupply tailors can handle shortening from the sleeve head. I am in NYC and the nearest store couldn’t handle it - wanted to send me to an uptown location.

Could all be avoided by just not cutting the buttonholes...

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should be posting my full inventory link by tomorrow morning 9 am. I have some stuff uploaded already but everything and lots more will be up by tomorrow. The link for anyone who is ambitious:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g-IrQOkKbm11sFOjBUATk39wGr7yw8UO

The Jort Gray Wool 180S in a size 40S is coming but is unfortunately delayed. I do have a brand new Hartford in a 38L there. Damn those are hard to get!

Here is the suit I got for myself. I have tailored it and tried it on but of course haven't worn it yet because its Wool, Silk and Linen. The jacket is also in the the 2018 collection.

NZSilor.jpg

6k7mCvA.jpg
I don’t see this jacket in new collection in Hudson fit. It’s available as regular Havana which I don’t like.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. I recently had 2 or 3 suits in 38S.

36S I have found from time to time as well by I tend to shy away from smaller sizes as demand is low.

I can possibly do a 36S or 38S Jort/La Spalla upon request.
For Jort and La Spalla I've found the 36S to fit me best. If any Brown, grey, or especially navy (really need a new navy suit) I'll be a buyer for sure.

The Dirk

Reaction score
For Jort and La Spalla I've found the 36S to fit me best. If any Brown, grey, or especially navy (really need a new navy suit) I'll be a buyer for sure.
I have a navy Hartford, and it's great, other than the jacket is a tad short for my taste, but I would definitely recommend it.

Kimistry

Reaction score

From the Suitsupply website:
In-house tailoring:

JACKET

• Take in/let out seams $28
  • Take in centre back seam $16
  • Shorten $40
  • Shorten/lengthen sleeves (possible up to 3/4 of an inch, due to functioning buttonholes) $28
  • Shorten sleeves from shoulder $75
  • Square back neck $20
  • Narrowing shoulders $75
  • Add shoulder padding $20

What they could do is provide the details of the surgeons cuffs but not cut the buttonholes. For those who do not need extensive shortening they could be easily cut and the buttons resewn. For those who do need more extensive shortening, a tailor can pick the uncut buttonhole stitching and adjust accordingly. Many labels do it this way and it is much more flexible.

That's great and all, but just because it's on their webite doesnt mean it's truth. I'm telling you that sometimes they leave a lot of room where you can shorten more.

0Phoenix0

Reaction score
The DB overcoat with the strong blue color is yet to be released, right? Can't find it on the webshop (Europe).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads