• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't decide on this green DB coat. Is it just the show picture drawing me in? I have to say, it does look nice. Any opinions on how versatile a DB coat of linen/cotton/silk blend in green would be?

Don't want to wait much longer before pulling the trigger as I missed this red Hudson jacket in my size.

Last edited:

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to update regarding the custom/tax ..

I have ordered several items from the recent outlet sale, and one of them, the coat, that costed 159 EUR was sent from their USA warehouse to Germany.

7 days later I have received a letter from the UPS and the German custom asking me to pay additional 67,12 EUR ..

db9sfast

Reaction score

Ordered on the 20th, and decided to check the tracking today. Not sure I actually will end up getting what I ordered or my order canceled.
Holy crap! I got the Same notification of damaged package. Like same location, time & place. I would rather have the product than a refund. I really wish when it's final sale, and Suitsupply screws up, they shoud allow an exchange. Not a refund.

Last edited:

SimModa

Reaction score
Holy crap! I got the Same notification of damaged package. Like same location, time & place. I would rather have the product than a refund. I really wish when it's final sale, and Suitsupply screws up, they shoud allow an exchange. Not a refund.

Glad I can relate to someone. Exactly, I honestly just want the item I purchased. If it takes a few days longer I don't mind. If they give us an exchange it should be something in the regular store equal to the original price (not discounted price) of the outlet product. Since by the time these mishaps happen, mostly everything is sold out.

I am curious to know what happened in this situation. Maybe the delivery vehicle got in an accident?
Do you think we should contact SuitSupply or just wait until they contact us or UPS updates their tracking.

kithking23

Reaction score

I have a 38R Navy Copenhagen Suit that I am looking to sell, never worn since 40R is my size.  I believe it is a cotton/linen blend. If anyone would be interested please let me know.

I am looking for full suits and jackets 40R and shirts that are 15 1/2.
Picture please?

db9sfast

Reaction score

Glad I can relate to someone. Exactly, I honestly just want the item I purchased. If it takes a few days longer I don't mind. If they give us an exchange it should be something in the regular store equal to the original price (not discounted price) of the outlet product. Since by the time these mishaps happen, mostly everything is sold out. 

I am curious to know what happened in this situation. Maybe the delivery vehicle got in an accident? 
Do you think we should contact SuitSupply or just wait until they contact us or UPS updates their tracking.

Up until now, I thought the UPS truck ran over my package. Now that it's 2 shipments, both maybe they are still intact. Because it's hard to run over 2 of them. UPS also uses it as a catch-all for the smallest things (leaks, package falling apart, accidents etc)

I already called chatted with suitsupply. Basically there's nothing they can do until UPS sends photos and UPS files the damage paperwork (2-3 more days). UPS will actually open it to see what's salvageable. Hopefully this is UPS exaggerating the issue.

I also feel that suitsupply should do more in final sales. You are in a commitment, and they should atleast commit to an undiscounted exchange. I really hate the out-of-stock and damaged-goods issues.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Up until now, I thought the UPS truck ran over my package. Now that it's 2 shipments, both maybe they are still intact. Because it's hard to run over 2 of them. UPS also uses it as a catch-all for the smallest things (leaks, package falling apart, accidents etc)

I already called chatted with suitsupply. Basically there's nothing they can do until UPS sends photos and UPS files the damage paperwork (2-3 more days). UPS will actually open it to see what's salvageable. Hopefully this is UPS exaggerating the issue.

I also feel that suitsupply should do more in final sales. You are in a commitment, and they should atleast commit to an undiscounted exchange. I really hate the out-of-stock and damaged-goods issues.

Certainly unfortunate but I think a full refund is the reasonable option. Sure it sucks not to get the item but let's assume ups pays them the value of the transaction (not sure what the actual policy is) you think SS should eat half the cost of a new current suit line? That would be some pretty awesome customer service and I might find myself hoping packages get damaged in some cases hah.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be selling a Grey Jort suit, Light Brown Hopsack Jort jacket as well as a Navy York suit in a 34R if anyone is interested. Also have the Navy Havana Traveler in a 36S up for sale. Feel free to PM me.

db9sfast

Reaction score
Is anyone else who shopped at the outlet getting a
"Your package was damaged in transit. We will notify the sender with details."
date "01/20/2017"
location "Eindhoven, Netherlands"
from UPS

I am counting 2 people so far on this forum. Really sucks. Hope its trivial. Gonna miss out on something I really really wanted from the outlet.

Did anyone ever get a 'damaged in transit' even on their regular orders? What ended up happening?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads