• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To any Canadians here, is Suitsupply collecting tax on all purchases now? I haven't ordered from SuSu in a few years, but I was never taxed before. It was always included in the final price. 

I only bought mine in store. Charged tax of course

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To any Canadians here, is Suitsupply collecting tax on all purchases now? I haven't ordered from SuSu in a few years, but I was never taxed before. It was always included in the final price. 

I have been charged 5% on my last few orders - so just GST.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received the much talked about navy pinstripe Soho suit today.

I'll try it on tomorrow but I don't think I'm really diggin' it - the stripes are much too fine/tight IMO. It makes me a bit dizzy just looking at it.

I'm quite sure it'll be going back; unless somebody here wants it? (40R)

rexor12

Reaction score
Just got delivery of the Jort blue cashmere overcoat from Suitsupply, but i was expecting too much - first of all it was fused! not a dealbreaker when it comes to overcoat but interesting since customer servce had said all jort outerwear was fully canvassed..... The cashmere fabric was really really thin, and coat was unlined! it didnt even feel like a coat more like a thin cardigan

The Camel DB bleecker arrived too, much thicker fabric and looked nice. But very slim waist, so it pulled even with just a shirt beneath, a shame sine it was really really nice.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just got delivery of the Jort blue cashmere overcoat from Suitsupply, but i was expecting too much - first of all it was fused! not a dealbreaker when it comes to overcoat but interesting since customer servce had said all jort outerwear was fully canvassed..... The cashmere fabric was really really thin, and coat was unlined! it didnt even feel like a coat more like a thin cardigan

The Camel DB bleecker arrived too, much thicker fabric and looked nice. But very slim waist, so it pulled even with just a shirt beneath, a shame sine it was really really nice.

That sucks about the overcoat. Was hoping it was better than that.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I also just received the camel DB overcoat and love it. It fits me great OTR aside from needing to shorten the sleeves slightly. Definitely a keeper.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

John L

Reaction score
I recently noticed my only SuSu tie is made from the same material as this coat:

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en/coats/grey-overcoat/J402.html?cgid=Coats

The tie in question:

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en/ties/navy-tie/D152075.html?cgid=Ties&prefn1=color&prefv1=Blue

It's probably not a good sign when a coat is made out of tie material. Especially when it's a really crappy tie.
Their ties appear to largely be an afterthought.

Though it looks like a thick fabric so it might just tie poorly. It could be a great lightweight coat fabric.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So my suit came in today from the make your suit option and they sent the wrong size pants. I am highly frustrated as it took 6 weeks and I specifically said which size I needed. Looks like I will have to wait another 6 weeks.
Sorry to hear that, I have gone through their make your shirt option and got the info shirt is now dispatched after about 4 weeks of waiting, so hopefully they haven't messed up some of the options .. I think their MTO program sucks pretty hard as there are hardly any information other than generic photo.

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics