• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mbaltazar

Reaction score
Hi,
did any of you guys got this Havana?

If yes, what do you think of the fabric? The sales assistant tells me it a 360gr/m2, which is quite thick for "regular usage" in a mild climate, right?

rye225

Reaction score
Has the Madison been discontinued? I spoke to Whatsapp two weeks ago and they said it was merely out of stock

h3ro

Reaction score
Has the Madison been discontinued? I spoke to Whatsapp two weeks ago and they said it was merely out of stock
They sold out the stock of the Reda 130's Madison for this Fall season. If I recall properly, they have a Navy Cotton Madison coming this upcoming Spring/Summer.
Love the Madison cut, I still have a few from two Outlet sales ago which I still have to have hemmed. The jackets have definitely changed in fit over the past three seasons with the shoulder and waist widths being brought in considerably (website measurements be damned).
I picked up the two they put up this past Spring/Summer. Simple 110's lightweight wool in Graphite and a gorgeous deep Blue. The graphite one has become my go-to formal dinner/non-black tie event suit.

Last edited:

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the recent boom of "iGents", I'm surprised SS hasn't offered anything similar in style to the Jort at a lower price point.

I like the idea of wider lapel jacket (Hudson) with only two patch pockets (Havana) and a lower button position (York).

h3ro

Reaction score
With the recent boom of "iGents", I'm surprised SS hasn't offered anything similar in style to the Jort at a lower price point.

I like the idea of wider lapel jacket (Hudson) with only two patch pockets (Havana) and a lower button position (York).
That seems to be what they are adding with the upcoming Biella fit.

I was also surprised that they removed all the Jort suits from the online stores. My local store here in Atlanta still has a few Spring/Summer '16 Jorts available in store.

mbaltazar

Reaction score

That seems to be what they are adding with the upcoming Biella fit. 

I was also surprised that they removed all the Jort suits from the online stores. My local store here in Atlanta still has a few Spring/Summer '16 Jorts available in store.

I also noticed today that they only have 2 or 3 Jort models. It's strange, and also that I know of they haven't communicated anything about any possible change...

Last edited:

pomor

Reaction score

I also noticed today that they only have 2 or 3 Jort models. It's strange, and also that I know of they haven't communicated anything about any possible change...

It's weird -- the US Site has no Jort suits (they had like 10 for this season), the UK site has 2

Maybe they are retooling the site for the new Jort collection later this month?

ferdsje

Reaction score

It's weird -- the US Site has no Jort suits (they had like 10 for this season), the UK site has 2

Maybe they are retooling the site for the new Jort collection later this month?

That's it. I wrote to the customer service and they told me the jort collection will be avaliable by the end of the month. No changes there, but won't expect jort Keller wearing their suits again...

h3ro

Reaction score
That's it. I wrote to the customer service and they told me the jort collection will be avaliable by the end of the month. No changes there, but won't expect jort Keller wearing their suits again...

Being in the States, I didn't know who Jort was until SS introduced his suit line. I now understand he is a late night show host akin to Letterman or Fallon. Any reason for him no longer repping the line?

VincentVogan

Reaction score
So I've found a nice Hudson jacket: http://eu.suitsupply.com/en/jackets...25.html?cgid=Jackets&prefn1=fit&prefv1=Hudson

Turns out, all sizes are out of stock, except for one. So I ask CS if they have any plans of making more of it, given its popularity. They say they won't, at least in my size which is EU44R.

Isn't this strange? It's not winter yet and one of your most popular jackets of this F/W collection is out of stock and you don't plan on making more. Or is this jacket from last year's F/W collection?

Last edited:

mbaltazar

Reaction score

So I've found a nice Hudson jacket: http://eu.suitsupply.com/en/jackets...25.html?cgid=Jackets&prefn1=fit&prefv1=Hudson

Turns out, all sizes are out of stock, except for one. So I ask CS if they have any plans of making more of it, given its popularity. They say they won't, at least in my size which is EU44R.

Isn't this strange? It's not winter yet and one of your most popular jackets of this F/W collection is out of stock and you don't plan on making more. Or is this jacket from last year's F/W collection?

Given the color and being half lined it wouldn't surprise me if it was from the last S/S collection. A lot of suits also transitioned for the past to the actual collection...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads