• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum and I have a few questions concerning Suitsupply's fit. There are currently no stores in my area and the closest one is several hundred miles away so I've decided to go ahead with their "Try at Home" service. So before I officially pull the trigger, how exactly do the majority of their suits fit?

Couple details about my build/fit preference...

- I'm 24 so I prefer a fashion forward slim fit.

- I'm relatively slim with a somewhat athletic build.

I think I've narrowed down their collections to the Napoli, Lazio, and the Washington (I like peaked lapels). So based on what people have experienced with them, how do their suits fit? Will I find them to be baggy in the pants? Nothing more that I hate than baggy suit pants. I currently have a couple of old Joseph A. Bank suits and the trousers are so saggy especially in the butt/back of the thigh. They don't "hug" my legs at all. Will SS's style/fit hug my frame for the most part? Thanks for reading/responding.

Here's some examples of what I'm looking for in terms of fit...

The pants are very slim. No RTW is going to fit you skin tight like that. If you have a significant size difference between your chest and waist, measure your chest, subtract two from that number (that's your jacket size for a very slim fit) and then have it tailored.

Last edited:

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would just give you a heads up and inform you that you will look a lot better in the real world without a suit that's hugging your body, The pictures you posted are Instagram and movie star examples. I understand the whole young and wanting a fashion forward fit. I'm a younger guy as well (only 22) and purchased suits that fit too tight a couple years ago sadly only later to realize my mistake. Not only is it just uncomfortable to wear but you don't look professional in any professional settings. You look more like the young kid that just copied the outfit off Instagram. Plus buying suits that actually fit will give you a suit that will last year's to come. Now to go back to your question, Suit Supply already has pants that are usually tapered more than enough for many. I have thin legs and I never have to taper the pants, only hem them to the correct length but each person is different. Though in the end you're the one wearing the suit so do what makes you happy, just giving you an example of my personal experience.

Trinh13715

Reaction score
What exactly is the slimmest fit that SuitSupply has to offer? I as well do not have a SuitSupply in the state I live unfortunately.. I love the Washington look due to the peak lapels but I'm slim in terms of stature. I've read reviews that those who are slim could or should not even consider a wide peak lapel.. When I say slim... I mean like Kevin Durant physique except more on the 5'8 height.. lol.

Jeroen Vriend

Reaction score

What exactly is the slimmest fit that SuitSupply has to offer? I as well do not have a SuitSupply in the state I live unfortunately.. I love the Washington look due to the peak lapels but I'm slim in terms of stature. I've read reviews that those who are slim could or should not even consider a wide peak lapel.. When I say slim... I mean like Kevin Durant physique except more on the 5'8 height.. lol.
The slimmest fit is the washington. Peak lapels can give you some "body"

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty slim, and the lapels look fine on me. In my case, the problem is with the sleeves and shoulders, not the lapel. I probably should have returned the one I bought but I'm going to see what my tailor can do to fix it.

On an unrelated note, I finally received my 'design your own' Lazio in grey flannel yesterday. Fit was perfect, sleeves and trouser length notwithstanding. Surprisingly, it was slightly slimmer in the waste than my other Lazio. The only trouble was the fabric, which was not really as 'flannel-like' as I had hoped. I also bought the last remaining Hudson in a size 94 in a darker grey flannel, so I'm going to keep that and return the Lazio. Bottom line is, until such time as the interface is improved, I'd recommend contacting customer service re fabrics before pulling the trigger on a design your own option.

Last edited:

pomor

Reaction score
Good news and bad news.

Bad news first:

So I am all getting ready to go online again this morning to finally purchase an item I have been eyeing for a while. Guess what? It's nowhere to be found on Suitsupply's website. (It was just available in multiple quantities in each size just the other day!). It wasn't one of those popular items though that sells out quickly -- it had been there a while.

So you know what this means? They pulled it only for it to reappear in the... Outlet! (probably this coming January). This is the same pattern I am seeing with the last couple of outlet sales.

So, the good news? I just have to sit tight until January with my wallet ready and expect to pay 50% on an item that I would have paid a full price today.

Last edited:

San780

Reaction score

Good news and bad news.

Bad news first:

So I am all getting ready to go online again this morning to finally purchase an item I have been eyeing for a while. Guess what? It's nowhere to be found on Suitsupply's website. (It was just available in multiple quantities in each size just the other day!). It wasn't one of those popular items though that sells out quickly -- it had been there a while.

So you know what this means? They pulled it only for it to reappear in the... Outlet! (probably this coming January). This is the same pattern I am seeing with the last couple of outlet sales.

So, the good news? I just have to sit tight until January with my wallet ready and expect to pay 50% on an item that I would have paid a full price today.

Was it a S/S or an A/W article?

Last edited:

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good news and bad news.

Bad news first:

Don't hope too much. By the time you find out about their sale it will be sold in your size. It's always like that.
foo.gif

I would ask the online customer service to make the reservation for the next 48h if you got the product code. They can do that.

pomor

Reaction score

Was it a S/S or an A/W article?

S/S.

Back in July (of this year) I had the same thing happen to me. That wool/cotton brown check suit was on there for a LONG time with multiple sizes, then as I was getting ready to pull out my wallet finally it went boom! Gone! And then where did I see it again? In the Outlet! At 50%!

pomor

Reaction score

Don't hope too much. By the time you find out about their sale it will be sold in your size. It's always like that. :foo:

I would ask the online customer service to make the reservation for the next 48h if you got the product code. They can do that. 

It's actually not an urgent purchase -- I can wait until January to get the discount. I check on here daily via email subscription and what not, and I am always in the Outlet on day one when everything is still available.

DonnyDB10

Reaction score
So I went ahead and tried a few different sizes from SS in the Washington collection. The jacket & trousers in the 42R simply fit way too tight especially in the arms & the waist of the pants.

Here's a picture of the 44R on me. I wanted to get some opinions on how it seems to fit in the shoulders as I know that's one of the most important parts when it comes to a suit fitting. So what do we think? Does this look ok?

MeachamLake

Reaction score
So I went ahead and tried a few different sizes from SS in the Washington collection. The jacket & trousers in the 42R simply fit way too tight especially in the arms & the waist of the pants.

Here's a picture of the 44R on me. I wanted to get some opinions on how it seems to fit in the shoulders as I know that's one of the most important parts when it comes to a suit fitting. So what do we think? Does this look ok?

Looks good! Sleeve and jacket length look spot on; shoulders also look good to my eye. Some slight sleeve pitch issues, but nobody will care really.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a couple susu knitwear pieces. Sizing on site was actually helpful and worked out spot on.

The cashmere blends with some pieces is quite nice for the price.

Tempted by the waistcoast pictured on here a cpl pages back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads