• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You can only order different sized trousers and jackets for a very small selection of their offerings - a couple lazios and one hudson, last time I looked. Your other option would be the "make your own" or whatever they call it.

Also, RE cuffing. Unless you have incredibly short legs, I doubt you can get more than a 1.5 cuff out of an S sized suit. I generally wear a 30 inch inseam and could only get a 1.5 inch cuff with a very little amount of break. I doubt I could have any cuff with a full break.

Can you point me to which suits are available to order with different sized trousers and jackets? I don't think you can filter for that on their website, can you?

Re cuffing: I like 1.75'' cuffs with minimal/no break. Need 4.38'' fabric for that. So their 31'' hemmed inseam + 1.5'' fabric folded in/sewn at the hem should allow a max inseam of just over 28'' with 1.75'' cuffs. That might actually work for me.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how to systematically find them, but if you look through the odd jackets and see "matching trousers available" it's a suit separate. I'm pretty sure the Havana traveler wool navy jacket is a separate.

On edit: I mis-wrote Hudson above, rather than the proper Havana.

Last edited:

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to systematically find them, but if you look through the odd jackets and see "matching trousers available" it's a suit separate. I'm pretty sure the Havana traveler wool navy jacket is a separate.

On edit: I mis-wrote Hudson above, rather than the proper Havana.

It's a traveler havana and two pinstripe napolis.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I had seen the Traveller Havana suit separates, but could've sworn I read somewhere in this thread that SS could swap the suit trousers on a non-separate suit.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my 40L Napoli Gray Stripe and Lazio Plain Gray in to see which one I was going to keep. My first Napoli was a few years ago in a 40R but after a few more years of knowledge, I should have gone with a 40L back then. You live and learn but I still love and wear that suit, it just shows more sleeve which I am fine with.

What I love about the 40L, which @fieldofdreams mentioned, is that the long sizes have a higher ride in the trousers. My 40R sits kind of low but the 40L sits right. Between the Lazio and Napoli, I can wear both suits though the fit is quite different. I have no shoulder issues in either suit though online measurements are 19" for Napoli and 18.1" on the Lazio view the size guide. The Napoli is the standard 110s fabric while the Lazio is a tropical wool.

I am keeping the Napoli and returning the Lazio as the lighter wool visibly shows where my shirt is bunching up below. Some in the shoulders, back, and midsection. It is very odd though I love the cut.

I am still unsure of all my SuSu sizes as I can take either a 40L or a 42R depending on the model. I really just order both sizes and see which fits best as manufacturing differences seem to be the only thing leading to keeping one over the other. I will get some pics after it comes back from the tailor which will only need a pant hem and slight sleeve shortening.

Gray Stripe: http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...d=Suits&prefn1=size&prefv1=40L&srule=PriceAsc
Plain Gray: http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...d=Suits&prefn1=size&prefv1=40L&srule=PriceAsc

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking to grab one or two spring/summer jackets for a business casual environment and for casual nights on the town. Would you give me a few recommendations of what you like the best in this year's ss releases? My closest SS is two hours away, so it would be great to order a few online from those that you all own or have seen in the flesh. Thanks!

agp

Reaction score

Can you point me to which suits are available to order with different sized trousers and jackets? I don't think you can filter for that on their website, can you?

Re cuffing: I like 1.75'' cuffs with minimal/no break. Need 4.38'' fabric for that. So their 31'' hemmed inseam + 1.5'' fabric folded in/sewn at the hem should allow a max inseam of just over 28'' with 1.75'' cuffs. That might actually work for me.

http://us.suitsupply.com/on/demandw...S/ProductCustomSuit-Show?tid=suitconfigurator

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear SS 34R and I make 2" cuff . Total length (out seam) is 99.25cm. No break- possibly a bit of socks showing on low vamp shoes.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear SS 34R and I make 2" cuff . Total length (out seam) is 99.25cm. No break- possibly a bit of socks showing on low vamp shoes.

I tried a 34R and the pants were much longer (surprisingly so) than the 36S I ended up keeping. I could have had a 3 inch cuff at least.

ebayhtl

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just picked up the below la Spalla blue stripe. Looks great in person, I think I will keep it.

Quick Q, does anyone know why SS doesn't put the thread count of the fabric on the suit label? Usually with la Spalla (and other models) SS will advertise the thread count (super 140 or whatever). The fabric for the below suit doesn't feel as delicate/smooth as the other la Spallas I have (which are both S150s), so that's one concern I have (although a harder wearing fabric than the S150 might not be a bad thing...)

Thanks.

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en_GB/suit...2=styleFit&prefv1=46&prefv2=Classic-La Spalla

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi guys, I just picked up the below la Spalla blue stripe. Looks great in person, I think I will keep it.

Quick Q, does anyone know why SS doesn't put the thread count of the fabric on the suit label? Usually with la Spalla (and other models) SS will advertise the thread count (super 140 or whatever). The fabric for the below suit doesn't feel as delicate/smooth as the other la Spallas I have (which are both S150s), so that's one concern I have (although a harder wearing fabric than the S150 might not be a bad thing...)

Thanks.

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en_GB/suit...2=styleFit&prefv1=46&prefv2=Classic-La Spalla

Don't have an answer, sorry but you should post a picture!

Kimistry

Reaction score

Thanks.

Personally, I don't care about that so much because as many will tell you: the S count doesn't really matter and mean much by itself. I'd feel more assured if my fabric was from a reputable mill. And as you mention, having a finer fabric isn't always the best thing.

ryanohare

Reaction score
I picked up a pair of these trousers - http://eu.suitsupply.com/en/trousers/grey-trousers/B778.html?cgid=Trousers 2 weeks ago at the SS store in LA, and they're too tight a fit on me. I've worn them once so can't return them, so am happy if anyone wants to offer me a reasonable price for them.

Size 34, in absolutely as-new condition, paid $189 for them.

Make me an offer styleforumers...

flyersrule

Reaction score
How does the Sienna Suits fit off the rack for someone with a 34-35 waist and big thighs/butt as opposed to Napoli.I m 42R in coat

Also the Lazio fit?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads