• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spex

Reaction score
It is true of the Havana. A size 38R fits me pretty well but is a bit short. A size 38L is longer but also looks so slim on me, too slim, for my tastes.

jamie411

Reaction score
Definitely true for Havana - 38S fits better in the chest and waist, but is short in length and sleeves. 38R is perfect in length and sleeves but a bit snug at the buttoning point. I've tried on probably a dozen in different fabrics, and the sizing does have some variety regardless, but the chest is definitely smaller in the R versus the S.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It was cool enough, today, to wear this wool SuSu Havana blue herringbone. Tie and misbehaved PS are SuSu, also.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
FWIW the sales associate described the difference between the R sizes and the L and S sizes is basically a half size. Which means that there is basically a full size difference between L and S. I've thought about switching to L sizes, because they fit slimmer and the jacket is longer. The only thing holding me back is the sleeves would have to be seriously shortened from the top, which could get expensive.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered a Napoli 40L to compare to my Napoli 40R. The body is fine on the 40R and falls within a reasonably range, the sleeves look slightly awkward when let out.

I really want to try some other fits but the pants become the issue in a 40. The waist does not work for me on the pants which limits my selection as slimming them down 3-4" seems like too much work.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a question for the international SuSu fans. I'm traveling to New Zealand shortly, so I took a look at their NZ website - all the prices are listed in US Dollars! Is that actually correct?

cking

Reaction score
Tried the new Lazio linen wool blue check but the buttons are comically plastic looking. I know it's not likely to be prohibitively expensive but has anyone replaced the buttons on their suits?

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got back from conference in Brussels (unrelated: do not go to Brussels) and decided to stop by the Suitsupply store there, since there is no such thing as a menswear store here in Tampere. They have some nice fabrics, but I can't say the fits were particularly impressive. The Lazio and Hudson were okay, but I'd have to tailor the crap out of them before they'd be wearable. I guess I got lucky with my Sienna. I'll probably just stick with Gagliardi in the future, although I wish they'd lower their button stances.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Tried the new Lazio linen wool blue check but the buttons are comically plastic looking. I know it's not likely to be prohibitively expensive but has anyone replaced the buttons on their suits?

I've replaced buttons on my Suitsupply overcoat because they were odd looking, good results and worth the extra effort in the end.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
@MrTopCat how do you like the windowpane Hudson? I just got the same one I believe (wool/silk/linen). It seems to be fairly delicate. I may return it.

Kroaker

Reaction score

I replace buttons on suits, blazers and sport coats all the time. I love mixing it up. It tends to run me around $30 at the tailor for the coats. EBay is a great place to find extra/new buttons.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
@MrTopCat how do you like the windowpane Hudson? I just got the same one I believe (wool/silk/linen). It seems to be fairly delicate. I may return it.

I like it very much, it's my favourite suit so far, but my newest suit usually becomes my favourite
shog[1].gif

As for it being delicate, I'm not entirely sure, I don't plan to wear it too often anyway as it is a bold statement piece.

It doesn't crease nearly as much as I thought it would, which was the main thing I was worried about.

The fabric hangs well and is quite breathable too, the cool summer breeze felt amazing the last time I wore it as it was a fairly warm and sunny day.

I've also noticed the fabric has a really nice glimmer to it, not really a shine or sheen, but an occasional glimmer in certain lighting probably caused by the silk.

This picture was taken after 4-5 hours of sitting down, doesn't crease much at the knees/arms which is what I love about this suit.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just received my first S/S delivery, a silk/linen/wool Havana jacket, and I'm very impressed with quality, sizing, free shipping etc at the low price point.

I received my first SS purchase this week, a Blue Lazio suit, and have also been very pleased with the whole experience.

Fabric is a lovely color irl.

Thought I'd post a bit of info here (mostly things I was curious about pre-purchase), in case it can be useful to someone else:

- 1st sleeve buttonhole is 1.75'' from the end of the sleeve. You can shorten .5'' from the sleeves without it looking wonky (I believe the 1st buttonhole is traditionally sewn 1.25''-1.5'' from the end of the sleeve).
- Lazio lapel width is 3.5'' on my 36S.
- Pants have the usual 1.5'' fabric folded in/sewn at the hem, with hem tape all the way around. Keep that in mind if you want to gauge if you'll be able to have the pre-hemmed pants cuffed to your desired length.
- No extra fabric to let out the seat of the pants, but you can let out the waist 1'' w/o problem.

Suit fits quite well straight out of the box, but I might return it because the jacket pulls a bit at the waist and I don't know if it can be let out in that area. Also, I might not be able to have the pants cuffed.

On that last point, I believe I read somewhere that it was possible to order suit jacket and trousers in different sizes. Anyone know how to go about that? Place an order then email their CS? There's a blurb in their FAQ, but that seems to only point to a Havana available as seperates.

I'd be tempted to try a York and Havana (esp. if I can mix Regular length pants with a Short jacket) because both have slightly larger jacket waist measurements compared to the Lazio. In the case of the Havana, I wonder if that's only due to its buttoning point being higher than the Lazio...

Last edited:

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can only order different sized trousers and jackets for a very small selection of their offerings - a couple lazios and one hudson, last time I looked. Your other option would be the "make your own" or whatever they call it.

Also, RE cuffing. Unless you have incredibly short legs, I doubt you can get more than a 1.5 cuff out of an S sized suit. I generally wear a 30 inch inseam and could only get a 1.5 inch cuff with a very little amount of break. I doubt I could have any cuff with a full break.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads