• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ironballs

Reaction score
I have to disagree with kulata on both points, it doesn't look too tight (maybe a tiny bit) but the length is correct, the sleeves could be shortened.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it does look short. I'm sure the back panel doesn't cover the butt area entirely. Then again, in a casual context it might be pulled off fine, I guess.

*speaking of the Hudson, not the Sienna.

Last edited:

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[...]

The jacket is tight in the chest and is short

I have to disagree with kulata on both points, it doesn't look too tight (maybe a tiny bit) but the length is correct, the sleeves could be shortened.

Assuming the trousers are where the poster wears them, Kulata is correct. The back should cover the buttocks, and the best analogue of that from the front is that it should extend to where the trouser inseams meet.

The fact that the photo crops out the bottom of the trousers and the feet might be misrepresenting the proportions a bit.

Cheers,

Ac

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
Assuming the trousers are where the poster wears them, Kulata is correct. The back should cover the buttocks, and the best analogue of that from the front is that it should extend to where the trouser inseams meet.

The fact that the photo crops out the bottom of the trousers and the feet might be misrepresenting the proportions a bit.

Cheers,

Ac

You guys are overlooking the possibility that he may just need to pull up his pants.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
I could have done a better job posing for critique. I'm fairly new to wearing suits and i'm still very much learning. That's why i'm here and i'm grateful to be receiving such wonderful advice from you folks. I put my camera on timer mode and in an attempt to get in the picture in time, my pants did sag a few inches. The jacket does actually cover my butt when i wear my pants at the proper height. I'm definitely calling this suit a keeper. It fits like a glove straight out of the box. Thanks!

Here he states his pants were saggin.

YourLovelyMan

Reaction score

xdawes23

Reaction score
Would the Sienna suit be good for interviews and networking events? Does the soft shoulders and ticket pocket make the suit less conservative?

Last edited:

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
Would the Sienna suit be good for interviews and networking events? Does the soft shoulders and ticket pocket make the suit less conservative?

Yes but the plebs will not notice the difference, and the fact that you are wearing a well fitting suit will put you leagues ahead of your peers.

burgerkong

Reaction score
I got a Lazio as a gift but it is a size off, I think the Washington fits me better (as I have one). Can I do an exchange or return for store credit/another style?

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it possible for a Napoli suit to be fully canvassed? I swear this purple line napoli suit I picked up feels that way in the lapels and they roll quite nicely: http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/napoli-grey-plain/P3457I.html

Here was the other one I thrifted: http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/york-blue-plain/P2529Y.html which fits in the chest/shoulders pretty well but is tight in the waist (I'm a 40 in the Havana, both are 38). Oh well, I could use the money.

@Burgerkong - I'm guessing only if you have a gift receipt, and even then, just maybe. Otherwise folks like me could take these thrifted suits back to SS and swap them for suits that fit, if we were so nefariously inclined.

Last edited:

fieldofdreams

Reaction score

I got a Lazio as a gift but it is a size off, I think the Washington fits me better (as I have one). Can I do an exchange or return for store credit/another style?

They have a 30 day return policy. If it was ordered online there should be a pre printed return label in the coffin.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads