• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tgod93

Reaction score
http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/pre_...lain/P3881I.html?start=2&cgid=pre_order_suits
http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/pre_...ain/P4214I.html?start=17&cgid=pre_order_suits

has anyone seen these 2 s/s "pre-order" suits?
i like them both but i question the accuracy of the colors in the photos
the first one looks just right for light grey
and the 2nd one looks a bit too light for light grey... which makes me question if the first one is actually darker

any thoughts? I want either one of these 2... a LIGHT GREY suit but not a borderline soft white suit haha

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gents - too bright?

Looks pretty bright to me. If you're an accountant in St Louis I would not suggest it for work.

Last edited:

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't live near a store so I have to order online. I recently tried the navy York and it was too shiny for my liking. Just to give you a reference as to what I consider shiny. 

I have THIS ONE and it is definitely not shiny. Not even close to the shine in the pictures. It's completely flat in color. :slayer:

Pb924

Reaction score
IMO it's too bright for a staple suit, as it'd look great in the summertime but may look odd in the winter.

If you're not looking for a staple suit then I'd say go for it, it's a lovely shade for summer time.
agreed

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Just whipped up a quick edit to see if this jacket could be pair with white trousers.

Personally I feel it does look a bit strange compared to a proper odd jacket, as this does look orphaned, but it's not too bad.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks fine to me, though I would say it matters more about the fabric of the trousers. . I'd say 98% wouldn't notice....but what matters is if you notice/care.

Last edited:

tautology

Reaction score
My rule of thumb is that I will only wear suits as separates if there is some texture or strong pattern to the jacket. If the jacket looks too smooth you will look like you are wearing the poor man's sportcoat.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks fine to me, though I would say it matters more about the fabric of the trousers. . I'd say 98% wouldn't notice....but what matters is if you notice/care.
100%. Asking for approval from a bunch a SFers rather than the real world is a slippery slope.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just whipped up a quick edit to see if this jacket could be pair with white trousers. Personally I feel it does look a bit strange compared to a proper odd jacket, as this does look orphaned, but it's not too bad. What do you guys think?
to me it would depend on the sheen of the fabric in person. As for this color as an odd jacket, I like it. Hey dooods, please spoiler the pictures in responses.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I do like peak lapels with an SC/odd jacket, but I am not thrilled about having a ticket pocket on it (Though it doesn't bother me).

It definitely does look like an orphaned suit jacket to me, but I do also like this colour for an odd jacket.

I guess the sheen may become the deciding factor, but I am fairly certain I'll either wear it as a suit or just return it for something more versatile (if available in my ever limited size 32).

In conclusion I do love the way it looks as a suit, and am okay with how it looks as an odd jacket. Worst case scenario I'd just wear it as a suit and that's it.

Would've loved to see a suit or odd jacket in a similar shade of blue but with a windowpane in the Hudson or Washington half fit.

Like these:

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Then why are you on SF? Might as well ask your friends or something.

Agreed. The people on here know more about the fine details which can potentially make a great outfit perfect, which is why I like to ask opinions and decide if I agree with the points they've made (as far as my preferences allow me).

Sure that orphaned jacket could look better than what 95% of the population wears, but it would be more desirable to look better than what 99% of the population wears with a proper "blazer suit" or odd jacket/SC.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads