• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peaked

Reaction score
If the Madison's actual fit and detailing doesn't work on me, I think I'll order that Washington half in gray if it's still available at the time. I'm mostly worried about the huge lapels on the Madison.

Also, size 32 seems to become sold out extremely quickly due to them not really stocking much of the size.
I wear a 36 and for that reason I much prefer the Soho. The lapels on the Madison take over my frame completely.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear a 36 and for that reason I much prefer the Soho. The lapels on the Madison take over my frame completely.

Same thing happens to me, that's why I avoid the Madison fit even though they always seem to have more suits in that style. Wish they would make more Soho style suits.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I finally got this suit I ordered-

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...id=Suits&prefn1=styleFit&prefv1=Classic-Lazio

Love the vest, just not sure how much I like the color. May return it and go with the blue wool silk cashmere Havana. What do you guys think?

So I got this Havana like I said I would:
http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...ts&prefn1=styleFit&prefv1=Contemporary-Havana

I have to say I love this Havana so much more. I returned the Lazio right away. This Havana is definitely more my taste and it feels so much lighter and much softer. I like the color blue on this suit more and definitely fits me better, even though the Lazio wasn't necessarily a bad fit.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Same thing happens to me, that's why I avoid the Madison fit even though they always seem to have more suits in that style. Wish they would make more Soho style suits.

I hope it'll look something like this on me (From the Suitsupply Instagram):

Preferably without all the pulling though.

From what I feel, large lapels seem to suit me, but once I tried on a San Diego fit (Massive notch lapels), and it looked ridiculous, probably why they don't really make them anymore.

EDIT: Here is how my Soho lapels currently look on my frame:

Last edited:

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hope it'll look something like this on me (From the Suitsupply Instagram): Preferably without all the pulling though. From what I feel, large lapels seem to suit me, but once I tried on a San Diego fit (Massive notch lapels), and it looked ridiculous, probably why they don't really make them anymore. EDIT: Here is how my Soho lapels currently look on my frame:
The Soho lapels look really wide on your frame already, the Madison fit may be to large, well at least to my liking. If you can see, the lapels on the Soho already match up in width to the picture you posted. You have to remember you're a size 32 which has a smaller shoulder length compared to what these models where, so the lapels probably won't match up the same.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
The Soho lapels look really wide on your frame already, the Madison fit may be to large, well at least to my liking. If you can see, the lapels on the Soho already match up in width to the picture you posted. You have to remember you're a size 32 which has a smaller shoulder length compared to what these models where, so the lapels probably won't match up the same.

That's what I'm worried about too, but the only way to know for sure is to try it. If it looks too big, I'll probably just exchange it for a Washington half fit, or wait for something else.

N8ter

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if the Sienna is full or half canvas? I have seen it mentioned as both from searching through the forums.

Also, is red line and suit up the same thing? I have seen the Sienna referred to as both, but I am not sure if suit up refers to higher end fabrics or if they changed the name from suit up to red line. Somewhat confusing on their website.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
So my new Madison fit came, both things I was unsure about just turned out to be things I absolutely love about the suit, the fabric and the lapels.

Sorry about the low quality photos.

I really dig the wider lapels, as well as the Madison being slimmer than the Soho in almost every way, think I'll chose Madison over Soho from now if possible!

Last edited:

qinglizi

Reaction score
So my new Madison fit came, both things I was unsure about just turned out to be things I absolutely love about the suit, the fabric and the lapels.

Sorry about the low quality photos.

I really dig the wider lapels, as well as the Madison being slimmer than the Soho in almost every way, think I'll chose Madison over Soho from now if possible!

Trust me, the big lapels really don`t work for you. You are way too slim, the lapels are almost wider than your shoulders.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garrendavid777