• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mispoke

Reaction score

Might be paying for branding... couldn't have been cheap getting the sponsorship for the Dutch Olympic team!

Their OTR is simply fantastic value if you can find your fit!

Unfortunately, OTR is a no-go b/c of the surgeon's cuffs. Any better suggestions for in-person MTM in the sub-$1000 range?

Unregistered

Reaction score

Unfortunately, OTR is a no-go b/c of the surgeon's cuffs. Any better suggestions for in-person MTM in the sub-$1000 range?

Did you get a chance to try any of the suits?

I'm lucky - the 40R Washington fits be absolutely perfectly. I just need the sleeves shortened by about 0.5", which I can do without any issues even with the working button holes.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Using that kind of MtM requires even more knowledge about how a suit is supposed to fit. I'm pretty well versed in how a suit should look, but some of the finer details that were pointed out by suitsupply regarding natural stance, shoulders, arch of the back, etc. is not something I could've pointed out myself, and it's very hard to see those things in a picture.
I'd never do online MtM for something that I expect to fit perfectly without the person having seen me in person. There's much more to tailoring than just measuring your shoulders, chest and waist.

Last edited:

mispoke

Reaction score

Did you get a chance to try any of the suits?

I'm lucky - the 40R Washington fits be absolutely perfectly. I just need the sleeves shortened by about 0.5", which I can do without any issues even with the working button holes.

Yes, my arms are too long for the 36. I've had Suitsupply MTM done before on their low-end blue line ($649), based on the Napoli. I was fairly satisfied but for a little collar gap that persists.

I'm looking for another suit now in a different colour, and I don't want to get yet another Napoli, hence why I'm curious about their higher end MTM. Hopefully it won't have the problem of the collar gap too.

The options I'm facing are like this:
~$500 for sketchy startup MTM
~$650 for low end Suitsupply MTM
~$900 for high end Suitsupply MTM
~$1200 for Samuelsohn MTM
~$1500 for true bespoke ($1200 if I buy 3—but I think that's just excessive)

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully it won't have the problem of the collar gap too.
Collar gap can be fixed and actually quit simply depending on the type of "gap". I've had my collar gaps tailored on two my Suitsupply suits no problems.

Rincon

Reaction score
Suit supply is a great MTM EXCEPT I still feel the button stance ends up too high.

They are able to lower is about 3/4" from the fit they extrapolate off of (I believe it is sienna?) but not as low as I'd like.

malaysian

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I plan on getting my first suit from Suit Supply somewhere this week (I live in NYC so I'll prob go to either the one in Soho or Madision Ave)
I have no experience in suits in general- this will be my first suit.
My budget is around $500 and I'm planning on getting a suit for my finance internship this fall. Thinking of a navy, 2 button one. Not too sure about the material though. Just looking for one I can wear in all seasons.
What suit should I look for at Suit Supply?

mispoke

Reaction score

Hey guys,
I plan on getting my first suit from Suit Supply somewhere this week (I live in NYC so I'll prob go to either the one in Soho or Madision Ave)
My budget is around $500 and I'm planning on getting a suit for my finance internship this fall. Thinking of a navy, 2 button one. Not too sure about the material though. Just looking for one I can wear in all seasons.

Go for the notched lapels. My impression is that peak lapels may not be appropriate for the office.

My only experience is with Napoli, which is good. I hear the Sienna is slimmer, but have yet to try.

As for the material, only 100% wool. Nothing higher than Super 120s.

Last edited:

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys,

Standard issue Napoli model in Navy.

Agrajag

Reaction score
Should I go for long or regular?
Even though I intend to wear it casually, I slightly prefer the longer length. Not sure the sleeves can be shortened enough though.

Deleted photos
Deleted photos

Last edited:

phsiao08

Reaction score
Oof, tough one. I say go for the shorter length. It's a little more 'hip' and the sleeves match you better.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even though I intend to wear it casually, I slightly prefer the longer length. Not sure the sleeves can be shortened enough though.

Go for the long and have the sleeves shortened a bit. The regular is way too short imho.

Synthetic

Reaction score

I'd also definitely go for the long if I were you. You can always shorten sleeves from the shoulder, but it looks like you might have enough room to just do it from the end of the sleeve.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads