• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Filippos

Reaction score

I know I might sound like a broken record, but Suitsupplys shirts are nowhere near of the same quality as their suits and outerwear.

Disagree. They are (at least) the correct coordination to their suits. Excellent collars, long enough, nice and durable fabrics, excellent fits. I will replace gradually all of my shirts wardrobe with those ( ... some of them are Zegnas')

steffenbp11

Reaction score
Well, I own 8 suits and 3 shirts. Whenever I put on a suit from Suitsupply I feel great. They are luxurious with great fabrics, fit and attention to detail and compare well to much more expensive brands. I don't get this feeling with the shirts at all. They are ok and I do wear them. But for one thing, they aren't darted eventhough they are labelled slim fit - this makes them look blousy on me. And the sleeves are too wide as Well. I know this is fixable, but with the labor costs in Denmark being what they are, this would make the shirt as expensive as a Barba bought on sale.

On the shirts with Mason fabrics, the buttons although being mop, are very thin and feel cheap. They also feature "spalla camicia" but the execution is almost comical. If I had acces to my shirt I would post a pic, but believe me, it doesn't look good...

The spread collars on the regular collars are also slightly off. I can't really pinpoint what it is, but the collar sort of overlaps in a bad way...

As to alternatives, well, I think my strategy will be to stick to Barbas bought on sale or via Shopthefinest. Luckily I have relatives in Florida so that I can avoid custom duties.

I actually own a couple of Hugo Boss shirts too. They are in my opinion better than my Suitsupplys and cost me abort the same. Boggi is another brand to consider.

Last edited:

itraxx

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the relative slimness of Sienna trousers? Napoli trousers fit me well but when I tried on a Lazio pair they were skintight. Thanks

watch37

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the relative slimness of Sienna trousers? Napoli trousers fit me well but when I tried on a Lazio pair they were skintight. Thanks
[/quot

The sienna pant legs are between the Napoli and Washington. If the Napoli is just right for you then the sienna will be snug.

Bureaucrat

Reaction score
Disagree. They are (at least) the correct coordination to their suits. Excellent collars, long enough, nice and durable fabrics, excellent fits. I will replace gradually all of my shirts wardrobe with those ( ... some of them are Zegnas')
Well then, I purchased my first SS shirt a few weeks ago, washed it for the first time last night, and bam, collars ripped. I've been satisfied with their ties and knitwear. Still waiting to hear from their customer service, but seems very odd for such a thing to even happen. Bear in mind that I washed it along with my other light colored shirts in 30 degrees.

Enjoy the pic. It seems that the collars are indeed "excellent".

Last edited:

Bureaucrat

Reaction score
Hopefully it's only a matter of a simple manufacturing error that my shirt happened to catch. Well, I'll be wiser after hearing back from their CS.

Kyle Rogers

Reaction score
Steffen, and why do you see them as inferior? I believe their Suit Up line of shirts (EUR 99) uses Thomas Mason fabrics and has MOP buttons sewn in with a crow's foot stitch. Is it the stitch density that is insufficient? There's no single-needle stitching? What features are you looking for that SuitSupply does not offer in their shirts? I never bought their shirt but was considering ordering from their website since they seem to be fair-priced considering the fabrics they use.

For me the value of the shirts are enhanced by the fact that the sleeve length is so good. Their sleeve length for a 15 in right in the middle of the typical 32/33 and 34/35 lengths. Normally when I get a dress shirt I have to choose between to short and too long.

Four of the five shirts I've had ordered have been awesome. It is only this pink Cottonificio Albini that was insanely think. I have another Cottonificio Albini sport shirt from them that I love and wear all the time. I also have one of the $99 Stokas shirts and two of the $79 ones. They are all awesome.

MMoon24

Reaction score
Anyone had an order cancelled due to "high demand"...but the item is still available on their website?

Kyle Rogers

Reaction score
Before, I had problems ordering shirts. I tried to order two different ones that they told me weren't really available. They have gotten much better. Now they will try to get a shirt for you even if they have taken it off their website. They will also have a store manager call you if he has one in the size you want on stock and they can ship it too you. They have gotten much better.

lierre

Reaction score
So it seems that SS just released a "Blue Line" at $399, all Napoli S110. Anyone know the difference between these suits and the Napolis from the "purple line" priced at $469?

spitshine123

Reaction score
So it seems that SS just released a "Blue Line" at $399, all Napoli S110. Anyone know the difference between these suits and the Napolis from the "purple line" priced at $469?
Interested in this as well. Seems to be similar fabrics and claims to be half-canvassed.

Ordered 2 as workhorse suits for work, as the Napoli fits me pretty well for a conservative work environment- will report back.

Wess

Reaction score

I'm pretty sure blue line means it's fused. I have no idea what "natural canvas" is supposed to mean.

MMoon24

Reaction score
The blue line has been around for a while. They are just advertising it on their website, probably because they got a huge selection of them.

I thought all SS' suits were half canvassed unless you go up to the Suit Up line?

Wess

Reaction score

I thought all SS' suits were half canvassed unless you go up to the Suit Up line?

That's incorrect, blue line always has been fused. Their cheaper MTM ("blueline") option also is fused I think.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads