• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Meekus

Reaction score

Meekus, which model Washington is that? It appears to have an almost green-blue tint, are the pictures fairly color accurate?

It is a lighter blue, but the photo filter may add some green. Here is the color straight off the camera:

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Washington fit, these pictures are straight from the box, pants are too long, obviously. I was wearing shirt all day, disregard any wrinkles. Also pictures are grainy, will adjust settings on camera and retake to get the proper color of the blue suit.

Thanks for any advice I can give to tailor - I am a slim guy and prefer a tighter fitting suit.

A side view would be nice, but from what I can see, everything looks amazing for OTR.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your body measurements (chest, waist, hip), height, and the size of the suit you are wearing?

Meekus

Reaction score
My chest is 38", waist is 30", but I always buy pants with a 29 waist as the clothing companies are never accurate. The suit is a 34r. Judging by the measurements on the website I expected it to be way too small, but it is perfect as the suit is slightly bigger than those measurements.

aliaskalle

Reaction score
Merry Christmas to all of you!

This is my first post here on SF, besides the introduction post. Now I have a question that I hope you can help me with.

I have decided to buy a Sienna-suit but there is one thing bugging me about the measurements shown in the size-chart. When comparing all the measurements with some of my own suits from other brands in the same size, they all seem to match pretty well, except the shoulder-measures. As you can see, I have inserted two pics showing the back of the jacket. The first picture shows how the shoulder width of the jacket is measured by Suitsupply, in a crooked line from shoulder to shoulder, passing the collar. The problem is that the Suitsupply jackets measure like 4-5 cm less than my own jackets when I measure this way, in the same size of course. ALL other measurements are a few cm larger on the SS jackets than my own. However, when I measure my jackets the way I have poorly drawn in the other picture with the red arrow going horizontal from shoulder to shoulder, the measures match the ones in the SS-chart pretty well. English isn't my first language, and I find it kind of hard to express exactly what I mean, but I hope you understand.

Would any of you be kind enough to measure one of your SS-jackets and compare it to the measurement given in the chart. Two measurements should be taken, like in both pictures.

I know that one can simply order two suits and then send one back, but since my measures seem to differ so much, I'm not shure even what sizes to order at all. I need the suit when graduating from University in the beginning of January so I'm in kind of a hurry. For your information, I contacted the ss customer service but the man there could't help me as he didn't have a suit nearby..

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,

Kalle.

XFactor

Reaction score
Does Suit Supply have or make any Suits that have Fabrics similar to the "porous air breeze friendly" high twist Wools: Fresco / Finmeresco / Crispaire/ Cool Breeze ?

Ergudmun

Reaction score
The new jort jacket in Harris Tweed

Fully canvassed and half lined, which makes this a pleasure to wear.

The details are really good for a RTW jacket.

SS jacket and trouser, Belisario MTM shirt, and Drake’s tie.

Ergudmun

Reaction score
Only available in Europe for now, but as mentioned above it is similar to the La spalla fit, but with more details.

Silhouette

Reaction score
The new jort jacket in Harris Tweed

Fully canvassed and half lined, which makes this a pleasure to wear.

The details are really good for a RTW jacket.

SS jacket and trouser, Belisario MTM shirt, and Drake’s tie.

Just wow. Congratulations Norway.

My chest is 38", waist is 30", but I always buy pants with a 29 waist as the clothing companies are never accurate. The suit is a 34r. Judging by the measurements on the website I expected it to be way too small, but it is perfect as the suit is slightly bigger than those measurements.

Could you provide measurements for your shoulders? (Shoulder to shoulder). I am of similar size and am about to order a 34 but I've not yet decided which line of suits to chose from yet.

Last edited:

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Only available in Europe for now, but as mentioned above it is similar to the La spalla fit, but with more details.

A sales associate told me it was a very limited collection. The white moleskin trousers are sold out in most stores already, and they're not sure whether they'll get a restock.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads