• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

yoose

Reaction score
Any taller chaps in here care to share their experience with the Copenhagen or Havana cuts? 6'4'', quite thin, usually go for a 38/39L, and sadly unable to reach a store.

im 6'1", about 165lb. I tried on the Havana in 38L and thought it was ok, still would need to take in the waist a bit and maybe the chest area. I definitely needed the L because on the R the sleeves are way too short. never tried on the copenhagen.

sansimeon

Reaction score
Any taller chaps in here care to share their experience with the Copenhagen or Havana cuts? 6'4'', quite thin, usually go for a 38/39L, and sadly unable to reach a store.

I'm 6'2 with chimpanzee arms and Havana 40L fits me fine lengthwise. Just order and return if it doesn't fit, return shipping is free
smile.gif

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good proxy from the UK to Canada? The Canadian suit supply options are so limited compared to the UK (or virtually anywhere else for that matter).

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's incredibly hard to accurately say whether something will fit you or not, even if we're the same height. Case in point: Sansimeon is 6'2" and apparently a 40L fits him well. I'm 6'2" as well, and a 40L doesn't fit me at all! So let this be a warning for anyone trying to determine fit this way.

It would be much better to measure a jacket that fits you well and to take a look at the measurements online in order to see whether the jacket/sleeves are long enough for you. If so, order it and try it on. Don't like it? Free returns!

Last edited:

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anybody have an opinion on the build quality of their ties? I like some of the patterns and the price is right...

I wouldn't put them in the spectacular category, but they are fine. Equal to your CT and TM Lewin level Jermyn Street guys I'd say. I personally think they knot pretty well. My only beef is that a few are on the thin side (the linen ones, but now that I type that I realize that I don't have any other linen ties to compare too), and I've experienced some fraying on one. I own 4 and have 3 more on the way, if that tells you anything.

I am 6'1" and am about to receive both a R and L Copenhagen. I'll let you know after I receive and try on.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'm 6'6" and normally wear a 44L long in jackets. Havana is one of SuitSupply's slimmest fits and I ended up sizing up in the one I bought. The 46L fit me very well OTR. Perfect sleeve and body length.

My concern would be the jackets sleeve and body lengths for you. At 6'4" you may simply be too tall for the brand's 38L/40L. Double check those measurements online before you order.

Also keep in mind that Copenhagen runs short all around. I can't wear that model because of this.

EDIT: Free returns, so you can always just try them knowing you won't be stuck with a poor fitting jacket.

Last edited:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another coffin shaped box arrived in today's mail.

This time, a charcoal pinstripe Napoli. Here it is out of the box, before going to the tailor: the robo pose

The fit is near perfect. I will have the sleeves lengthened a tad.
The trousers need to be taken in. There is enough material for cuffs.
The back side drapes clean and neat.

I purchased this from the Outlet Store last week. Just in time...

Last edited:

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SuitSupply is opening their Toronto store in January around the corner from Leatherfoot.

ACMAR

Reaction score
Another coffin shaped box arrived in today's mail.

This time, a charcoal pinstripe Napoli. Here it is out of the box, before going to the tailor:

The fit is near perfect. I will have the sleeves lengthened a tad.
The trousers need to be taken in. There is enough material for cuffs.
The back side drapes clean and neat.

I purchased this from the Outlet Store last week. Just in time...

Looks nice! Is it this one? http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/c_su...ml?prefn1=size&start=1&cgid=C_Suits&prefv1=36 -- the one they added to the outlet maybe within the last few days?

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

ACMAR

Reaction score
Yes, it is.

Thanks. It does really fit you well. Congrats! I ordered one as well, but was right as the outlet closed, so waiting to see if it will go through. I find it very helpful to see most of their suits in person or in "real" pictures to get a sense of the texture and colors. Thanks again!

Sprezziamo

Reaction score
By the way, are US and NL the only outlets?

Why don't they open it to other countries? DucthForwarder seems to work fine, but it's slow and it requires two steps. I should probably try to contact SS and ask them whether, paying additional fees for the international shipment, they could send it to other countries as well.

jayw

Reaction score
By the way, are US and NL the only outlets?

Why don't they open it to other countries? DucthForwarder seems to work fine, but it's slow and it requires two steps. I should probably try to contact SS and ask them whether, paying additional fees for the international shipment, they could send it to other countries as well.
Please do and report back.

dz-015

Reaction score
For those in the Netherlands - how are the prices in-store in the Netherlands compared to the US online, in general?

I've walked past the store in Hengelo in the main square there but I never went in, so on my next trip in January I hope to purchase a suit there if the price is right.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads