• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jimanchower

Reaction score
It's hard to tell much about the material from the picture, but order it and see. Returns are the easiest of any online retailer I've used. They include the return label in the package, and you can even schedule a UPS pickup through the SS site. Your card will generally be credited a couple of days after they receive the return.

LEgoiste

Reaction score
The suit that I ordered 2 weeks ago (Nov. 14) has finally landed in the U.S. -- pretty much the same timeframe whenever I order something from Europe.

JeffG

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is the first time I'm posting here, but I've been following this thread for more than one year.

I would like to hear your opinions on the Suitsupply coats. What's the quality like? Is it comparable to the quality of their suits?

Since this coat will be my first coat, I consider a normal blue/navy coat. Suitsupply offers two blue/navy coats. The one is a normal wool coat http://eu.suitsupply.com/en/coats/blue-coat/J248.html?start=1&cgid=Coats
The other one a cashmere coat http://eu.suitsupply.com/en/coats/blue-coat/J246.html?start=14&cgid=Coats

As you will notice, there is a difference in price. The wool coat costs 259 euro, the cashmere one 499 euro.

Which of these two coats is the best according to the price and the value?

I'm really looking forward to your opinions! Thanks!

Jeroen Vriend

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is the first time I'm posting here, but I've been following this thread for more than one year.

I would like to hear your opinions on the Suitsupply coats. What's the quality like? Is it comparable to the quality of their suits?

Since this coat will be my first coat, I consider a normal blue/navy coat. Suitsupply offers two blue/navy coats. The one is a normal wool coat http://eu.suitsupply.com/en/coats/blue-coat/J248.html?start=1&cgid=Coats
The other one a cashmere coat http://eu.suitsupply.com/en/coats/blue-coat/J246.html?start=14&cgid=Coats

As you will notice, there is a difference in price. The wool coat costs 259 euro, the cashmere one 499 euro.

Which of these two coats is the best according to the price and the value?

I'm really looking forward to your opinions! Thanks!

The sleeve length off both coats are really short....

XFactor

Reaction score
Does Suit Supply have or make any Suits that have Fabrics similar to the "porous air breeze friendly" high twist Wools: Fresco / Finmeresco / Crispaire/ Cool Breeze ?

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A coffin shaped box from Chicago arrived this morning. Crappy light, but it is a blue check.

I love the fabric and color.
The peak lapel is out of my comfort zone. But, I'm willing to try.
This is a short. And in this model, a SS "short" is short! However, my derriere is completely covered, and that's what really matters.
It fits perfectly and comfortably in the shoulder/chest.
In the store, the waist in the trouser was too roomy. Their alteration made it a wee bit snug. Of course, today is the day after Thanksgiving. :embar:

Another coffin arrived, too, this time with a Havana.

Last edited:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^Congrats! They look good on you. Please post photos of the Havana. :thumbs-up:

Thanks! I just tried them on right out of the box to see what they looked like.
I visited the store just last Thursday. Alterations and shipping happened super quick.
I was pleased with the good service in the store. The Chicago store has a penthouse. Cool!

I wish that I had done more homework before visiting the store--which was by chance. It was right around the corner from my hotel. I did not know that this thread--with its gazillion posts--existed until a day ago. I only entered the store because Holdfast recently donned a SS Soho. "Well, if Holdfast thinks highly of SS, maybe I should...."

On a good day, I am 5'7". The sales person felt that I should wear the short. I now realize that the lengths of the different models varies. Perhaps, in the Washington, I might feel more at home in a regular. The Washington short model does cover my butt, so I'm OK. I know that there is a love/hate relationship with the peak lapel. I felt that the darker blue/grey check softened the "surprise" of the peak. For an OTR, the rear sides of the coats are clean and neat--better than some MTM that I have.

The Havana would work well as an odd coat with blue or grey trousers, too.

I picked up some nice wool neck ties and bow ties to go with the suits.

Can't argue about the price.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads