• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

steffenbp11

Reaction score

Any experience of the shirts?

I find barely a mention of shirts in this thread (but then, the search function sucks). They look nice and simple with none of those annoying contrast details that seem to be common on shirts of budget brands such as Charles Tyrwhitt and T.M. Lewin.

But the cheapest are about twice the price of CT and TML shirts at their regular ever-discounted multi-buy prices. And, at €149, the shirts of the new Jort collection start to get close to those of more upscale brands. Are they worth it?

I own three of the shirts including on of the more expensive ones ( thomas mason fabric, mop buttons). They are better than lewin, and quite nice, but they are not darted and therefore rather blousy. I don't think I will buy them again. I would rather have one say Barba than two ss-shirts. They are not as good as their suits...

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone got their sleeves tapered by a tailor?

Yes, it is a common thing.

As far as I can tell, Napoli is slimmer than Sevilla? Then, Lazio is slimmer than the Napoli, with Copenhagen being the slimmest of the four?

I think the Sevilla is the roomiest cut but I have never tried one. Yes to your list.

Is the paris and copenhagen the same thing?

Looks to be similar. I have a copenhagen on the way and can compare in a few days.

Last edited:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First wearing of the "Washington". Looking a bit crumpled after a long morning on the organ bench. This blue, glen check is not available on the online store.

The tie is also by Suit Supply.

I am satisfied with the alterations that were made in the (Chicago) store. The backside is clean and smooth.

I am 5' 7"; this is a "short".

Last edited:

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MrTopCat

Reaction score

First wearing of the "Washington". Looking a bit crumpled after a long morning on the organ bench. This blue, glen check is not available on the online store.

The tie is also by Suit Supply.

I am satisfied with the alterations that were made in the (Chicago) store. The backside is clean and smooth.

I am 5' 7"; this is a "short".

What size?

I'm 5'6" and thinking of getting a 34R and having it shortened.

Last edited:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What size?

I'm 5'6" and thinking of getting a 34R and having it shortened.

I have a 39/40 chest. This is a 40 short. There is a sizing chart on the website that is accurate regarding the length of the coat. For me, I would not want this coat to be any shorter.

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
I have a 39/40 chest. This is a 40 short. There is a sizing chart on the website that is accurate regarding the length of the coat. For me, I would not want this coat to be any shorter.

What size waist, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm 5'7" and normally wear a 38S.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What size waist, if you don't mind me asking? 

I'm 5'7" and normally wear a 38S. 

I have a 33 inch waist. The sizing guide says that the Washington has a 5 inch drop. So, the trousers, supposedly, come with a 35 inch waist. My trousers had to be taken in. Now, when I tried them on, it did not seem as big as a 35 inch waist. No way. I'd say it was more like 34.

monkeynuts

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I own that in a 38R (I usually wear a 38S), and fits well post sleeves taken up.

Mine didn't have working cuffs, for some strange reason, however.

I'm going to buy the Olive version now, cheers!
Does unconstructed mean these are not canvassed?

dunelly

Reaction score
thinking of that olive jacket, but would like to see what pics are like first! color seems very charcoal ish

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
I have a 33 inch waist. The sizing guide says that the Washington has a 5 inch drop. So, the trousers, supposedly, come with a 35 inch waist. My trousers had to be taken in. Now, when I tried them on, it did not seem as big as a 35 inch waist. No way. I'd say it was more like 34.

Fair enough, so probably a drop 6 cf drop 5. I find the waist on most 38S's (drop 4) too big, and end up getting them taken in. But the extra room in the thighs does me wonders!

Beat me to it!

I can post pics of the navy one if folks are interested?

mattm450

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm new to the professional world and am currently buying my first suits, and I'd really appreciate it if someone could answer a few questions I have. For financial reasons I'm trying to stick to what's available through the Suitsupply Outlet.

For my first suit I decided I'd go for a charcoal color (I already have a few navy blazers), and found this Suitsupply Napoli Dark Grey Faux Uni on sale for $279. I planned on buying this as my first interview/work suit. Do you think the suit is good for this purpose?

Another suit that really caught my eye on the outlet website was this one: the Napoli 1/2 Brown Check.

I don't know a whole lot about suits, but this looks a bit casual, at least compared to the one above. Would this suit be approproate to wear in the office? For what kind of occasions would you wear a suit like this? Any ideas for shirt and tie color combinations? The checks seem to be a dark red/maroon color. And lastly, could the suit jacket be used as a blazer with jeans?

Thanks a lot in advance for the help!

MMoon24

Reaction score
From what I'm reading on this page, I take it SuitSupply's fitting guide is relatively accurate? Getting ready to order a Havana and Napoli soon, and I want to try and get it right on my first try. Just a bit shocking that I'm normally a 40L, and a Napoli for me is a 36.

Last edited:

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Read a few (or more) pages back and you'll see that it is not. I found it all over the place in some cases (probably typos) but also, generally, off. You can always fall back on easy returns, though.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zuhoouk