• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a navy S110 Lazio that's served me well over the years. Looking to get a second, more casual suit and specifically for attending an upcoming wedding. Thinking of going with a navy herringbone Havana or another Lazio but in linen. Any advice for customization option/fabrics? Should I stick to default or go with something like wide lapels/structured shoulders? Thanks
I like the look of the concave lapel!

Rbpp

Reaction score
Do you know if the traveller wool is basically an high twist wool ? I've asked their WhatsApp support but they don't seem very knowledgeable about fabrics...

jeromefrederique7

Reaction score
Havana patch pockets instead of flap are too informal for a business setting at a big company right?

I saw such a fantastic suit but it has those patch pockets :(

Anyone knows if its possible to turn them into flap or jetted pockets?

St1X

Reaction score
Havana patch pockets instead of flap are too informal for a business setting at a big company right?

I saw such a fantastic suit but it has those patch pockets :(

Anyone knows if its possible to turn them into flap or jetted pockets?
A tailor can make you fake flap pockets from those patch pockets. But it might be cheaper to go custom and get not just the style you want, but also get it fitted properly

thseremet

Reaction score
I am looking for feedback on my MTM jacket (part of a suit). I hope the pictures are alright.

Overall I am very happy with the fit. I am about to make a new commission, so all feedback and suggestions are appreciated. I already know, that I want to increase the back length a little bit, but unsure about the rest.

Thanks in advance.
44005244-B8DB-46DB-A35F-067D76E01032.jpeg
06ABD9DA-E0E7-49C7-8AF1-BBC1C69DE638.jpeg
CAD1A663-AB63-4BDC-80A5-95393E9F667C.jpeg
3456C3CA-9404-48CC-BB25-2B1368D45E19.jpeg

Imperatores

Reaction score
I am looking for feedback on my MTM jacket (part of a suit). I hope the pictures are alright.

Overall I am very happy with the fit. I am about to make a new commission, so all feedback and suggestions are appreciated. I already know, that I want to increase the back length a little bit, but unsure about the rest.

Thanks in advance. View attachment 1997429 View attachment 1997431 View attachment 1997433 View attachment 1997435
Looks very good to me. The only thing I would adjust is sleeve length. They could be shortened slightly. Around 1 or 1.5 cm or so to show some shirt cuff. We would need full body pics to properly judge the overall silhouette (particularly as it relates to jacket length and buttoning point). Both length and buttoning point looks pretty spot on from what I can tell for now, though. You/they did a good job on this!

burgerkong

Reaction score
Anyone have a bunch of the folding garment bags they include with their suits that you were looking to get rid of? I'm looking for a few!

eguk

Reaction score
I'm new to this thread but having read through a bunch of the posts, I've seen a lot of mentions of the "skirting" issue - where the bottom of the skirt flares out, away from the hips.

It seems a lot of posters put this down to the jacket being too short but I wonder if anyone has found any other solutions to this problem when doing MTM?

Has anyone had any experience playing around with hip width and/or "reducing the skirt" using this adjustment?

Or does a full canvas tend to drape better than a half canvas in this regard?

Screenshot 2023-08-19 at 22.05.06.png

Last edited:

0Phoenix0

Reaction score
European Otrium Outlet restocked on quite some items, especially winterwear (coats, gloves, beanies, boots, tuxedos). Seems that Suitsupply uses the outlet continuously. Invitation link gives extra 25% on first order.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads