• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pomor

Reaction score
Um, Suitsupply has brick and mortar OUTLET STORES?? (When I click on the link, I get blank page though)

P.S. Further googling reveals they USED to have actual outlet stores. The address above was in the home country of Netherlands.

Last edited:

CMAc7

Reaction score
Does anyone have word on the code yet? Last January it was known and shared in this thread before the site opened. In July the European store opened a week prior and the US store used the same code so us SS thread brethren were able to get a jump on the masses then too. I hope someone here comes across it before the email goes out and shares it here.

pomor

Reaction score

Does anyone have word on the code yet? Last January it was known and shared in this thread before the site opened. In July the European store opened a week prior and the US store used the same code so us SS thread brethren were able to get a jump on the masses then too. I hope someone here comes across it before the email goes out and shares it here.

No, but keep checking -- past history indicates January and July (because the following season's stuff comes out normally in February and August give or take a week)

Last edited:

joman8390

Reaction score

Um, Suitsupply has brick and mortar OUTLET STORES?? (When I click on the link, I get blank page though)

P.S. Further googling reveals they USED to have actual outlet stores. The address above was in the home country of Netherlands.

I went to two of their outlet stores in Fall of 2014, scored a few suits. I wish they had one in the US....

slickslickslick

Reaction score
No, but keep checking -- past history indicates January and July (because the following season's stuff comes out normally in February and August give or take a week)

Yea; it'll open, I would assume, on either the 10th or 17th depending on whether or not they have a European outlet first. I'd be surprised if the code weren't FIRSTACCESS or BETHEFIRST, CMAc7, but odds are that the code will be posted in this thread by the time the outlet opens so you'll know for certain either way.

I went to two of their outlet stores in Fall of 2014, scored a few suits. I wish they had one in the US....

For sure. I feel that Woodbury Commons would be a great place to test their outlet, and I think you could definitely see how it impacts your business by filling it with some Livorno suits and the rest of the stuff that keeps popping up outlet after outlet.

sponge1114

Reaction score
Can anyone give any insight on overcoat sizing? I wear a 38s in Napoli. Comparing the shoulder widths in the size charts indicates I would need to go up to a 42 or 44 for the overcoat in order for it to fit over the shoulders of the Napoli. Am I missing something?

professorclee

Reaction score
Can anyone give any insight on overcoat sizing? I wear a 38s in Napoli. Comparing the shoulder widths in the size charts indicates I would need to go up to a 42 or 44 for the overcoat in order for it to fit over the shoulders of the Napoli. Am I missing something?
It's always recommended to buy the same size as your suit/jacket. I wear a 36 Havana and so bought the camel coat in a 36 as well and it fits fine. I suppose if you layer a lot under there, you might go one size up.

Last edited:

rfm21

Reaction score
They do! I went to the outlet store right outside of Amsterdam, Oct 2016. Wasn't as great as I thought it would be. The prices when converted to usd, were slightly better than they have on the us outlet site. But for the most part wasn't so impressed with the selection. Mostly seemed like the leftovers from the online outlets. Mostly flashy patterned suits and shirts. Shoe selection was very weak, spratic sizes and styles. Not sure if it was really worth the hassle of a 40 min train ride outside of the city.

rfm21

Reaction score
They do! I went to the outlet store right outside of Amsterdam, Oct 2016. Wasn't as great as I thought it would be. The prices when converted to usd, were slightly better than they have on the us outlet site. But for the most part wasn't so impressed with the selection. Mostly seemed like the leftovers from the online outlets. Mostly flashy patterned suits and shirts. Shoe selection was very weak, spratic sizes and styles. Not sure if it was really worth the hassle of a 40 min train ride outside of the city.

KWang94

Reaction score

Actually went in store the other day to figure this out. 34R Havana for reference. I found that I had to size up for double breasted fits (which ended up being comfortably snug over my jacket) but a 34R in a single breasted was fine.

Last edited:

sponge1114

Reaction score

Actually went in store the other day to figure this out. 34R Havana for reference. I found that I had to size up for double breasted fits  (which ended up being comfortably snug over my jacket) but a 34R in a single breasted was fine.

Interesting. I'm looking at double breasted options. I recently tried on a 40s Lazio that fit well in the shoulders. Wondering if I should go with a 40 or 42 based on this?

angelescrest

Reaction score

wow, no, definitely don't size up more than a 40. I sized up one for a DB, and it works. Sleeves are narrower than they should be for an overcoat, but it's not true overcoat sizing. Skinny fit all the way.

angelescrest

Reaction score

How is the fabric thickness of SS' outerwear? Would a Suitsupply overcoat be able to keep me sufficiently warm through a Swedish (Stockholm) winter?

Did you get a coat yet? I was in single digits with my Jort camel today, over a light Havana jacket, jeans, John Smedley thin gauge turtleneck, and it was a little chilly. At least my arms felt the very cold air. It's a wet cold where I am, so feels colder than usual. Snowstorm going on, too, though not too much wind. If I had a jumper, I'd probably have been okay walking. If I were standing waiting for a bus, with wind, I'd have been cold I think. Hard to say as wrapping my scarf Parisian could've made all the difference, too, instead of hung over my shoulders, but definitely not enough thickness at 600 grams or so to block really cold air on its own.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geborgenliebenswerter