• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chulillo

Reaction score
What I want and what I will buy are two very different things LOL

I will hopefuly buy a green jacket for spring and I'd like to buy a navy Washington for winter (but I am unsure on how much use will it get due to the peak lapels that is why I am in doubt about this one).

I want to buy a couple of their shirts (I have many and I like ho they feel and look) and three of their ties that caught my attention.

I would like to buy at least one of their waistcoats but I can't ever decide for one and when I have picked one they are out on my size, so lucky me.

Anyways, we'll see what we get in the end.

PS. Quick question regarding waistcoats for those of you who have some from SuSu, what size do you get? Exactly the same one as your jackets? The ones I own are all from different brands, not one from SuSu so I am not sure and wouldn't like to end up returning anything.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that Spring 2016 Campaign we saw in previous links all that will actually arrive?

I was hoping for some fresh blue DB styles. Soho seems to have much better proportions compared to Madison. More balanced lapels ..

MrTopCat

Reaction score
What I want and what I will buy are two very different things LOL

I will hopefuly buy a green jacket for spring and I'd like to buy a navy Washington for winter (but I am unsure on how much use will it get due to the peak lapels that is why I am in doubt about this one).

I want to buy a couple of their shirts (I have many and I like ho they feel and look) and three of their ties that caught my attention.

I would like to buy at least one of their waistcoats but I can't ever decide for one and when I have picked one they are out on my size, so lucky me.

Anyways, we'll see what we get in the end.

PS. Quick question regarding waistcoats for those of you who have some from SuSu, what size do you get? Exactly the same one as your jackets? The ones I own are all from different brands, not one from SuSu so I am not sure and wouldn't like to end up returning anything.

I always buy odd waistcoats in the same size as my jackets, fits the same as a three-piece would.

Is that Spring 2016 Campaign we saw in previous links all that will actually arrive?

I was hoping for some fresh blue DB styles. Soho seems to have much better proportions compared to Madison. More balanced lapels ..

The Soho was put to sleep long ago, and soon the Madison will also be long gone, so take what you can and give nothing back.

professorclee

Reaction score
Yes, as MrTopCat says, the rule of thumb for waistcoats, like overcoats, is the same size as your jacket. I find their waistcoats fit well (bought four different ones this season) and certainly garner style points. They do sell out rapidly, it seems. I had to get one from Europe because it was gone on the US site.

Last edited:

Chulillo

Reaction score
Thank you @MrTopCat and @professorclee. I will start planning my "shopping spree" after the New Years and will see what happens then... :)

Gosroth

Reaction score

Love the cut. Hated the linen fabric.

I ordered the last blue Madison jacket in my size (this one http://eu.suitsupply.com/sv/jackets/madison-bla-enfargad/C752.html?cgid=Jackets ), and while I really want a double-breasted jacket in a versatile blue, I really can´t get over the huge batwing lapels.

The problem is not the cut in general or peaked lapels in general, it´s just the freaking size of them, covering 90% of the chest pocket so it´s impossible to wear with a pocket square. It´s just not proportional in smaller sizes (looks a lot better on the models on the site, but they clearly have broader chests).

Soho size 42 fit me pretty well. I asked a sales rep if any new ones are comming, they answered that they don´t know. It´s pretty clear from watching the last 2-3 seasons tough, that it´s been more or less discontinued.

Last edited:

Seamless

Reaction score

I ordered the last blue Madison jacket in my size (this one http://eu.suitsupply.com/sv/jackets/madison-bla-enfargad/C752.html?cgid=Jackets ), and while I really want a double-breasted jacket in a versatile blue, I really can´t get over the huge batwing lapels.

The problem is not the cut in general or peaked lapels in general, it´s just the freaking size of them, covering 90% of the chest pocket so it´s impossible to wear with a pocket square. It´s just not proportional in smaller sizes (looks a lot better on the models on the site, but they clearly have broader chests).

Soho size 42 fit me pretty well. I asked a sales rep if any new ones are comming, they answered that they don´t know. It´s pretty clear from watching the last 2-3 seasons tough, that it´s been more or less discontinued. 

I really like the dramatic lapels. Makes it feel more like a sense of occasion while wearing it. It's sad to see that it's not going to be made now. I really wanted one in charcoal pin but it sold out before I pulled the trigger.

mkenny28

Reaction score
Help for a Suit Supply newbie. I wear J Crew Ludlows in 40R and they are a tad snug but i love the fit. Based on that I was advised to get the Napoli in 40R as well. I ordered the 40R Napoli in the Dark Grey and it came in two days later. After trying it on the shoulders fit damn near perfectly as do the sleeves and chest. But when i button the top button it gives me the dreaded x and completely opens the drap up into an upsidedown V as well as creases across my lower back. I decided to return it for a 42R but while I am waiting for the whole exchange process I started comparing measurements on my Ludlows vs SS Napoli measurements online. I am starting to wonder if they sent me a 38R jacket instead of a 40R? By all measurements the Ludlow should be slimmer and fits me better. Perhaps it is the lower button stance on the Ludlow? I am going to try the 42R but I really think the shoulders will divot much like a 41R Ludlow does on me. I emailed customer service to see if a jacket mix up were possible. Could a tailor even let out the waist of the jacket enough to fix the issues I had with the 40r (38r) jacket? I have 18.5 inch shoulders, 42 inch chest, 38 inch stomach, 36.5 inch waist fyi.

nttdocomo

Reaction score

Help for a Suit Supply newbie. I wear J Crew Ludlows in 40R and they are a tad snug but i love the fit. Based on that I was advised to get the Napoli in 40R as well. I ordered the 40R Napoli in the Dark Grey and it came in two days later. After trying it on the shoulders fit damn near perfectly as do the sleeves and chest. But when i button the top button it gives me the dreaded x and completely opens the drap up into an upsidedown V as well as creases across my lower back. I decided to return it for a 42R but while I am waiting for the whole exchange process I started comparing measurements on my Ludlows vs SS Napoli measurements online. I am starting to wonder if they sent me a 38R jacket instead of a 40R? By all measurements the Ludlow should be slimmer and fits me better. Perhaps it is the lower button stance on the Ludlow? I am going to try the 42R but I really think the shoulders will divot much like a 41R Ludlow does on me. I emailed customer service to see if a jacket mix up were possible. Could a tailor even let out the waist of the jacket enough to fix the issues I had with the 40r (38r) jacket? I have 18.5 inch shoulders, 42 inch chest, 38 inch stomach, 36.5 inch waist fyi.

Napoli is a slim suit; I take a 40R and am 41 chest 33 waist. I think the 42R would be a better fit for you from your measurements, so I'm not surprised the fit was too snug.

Last edited:

mkenny28

Reaction score

Napoli is a slim suit; I take a 40R and am 41 chest 33 waist. I think the 42R would be a better fit for you from your measurements, so I'm not surprised the fit was too snug.

Well I am a 33 in J Crew pants but that translates to about a 35 or 36 in actual waist (which i am sure you know) but thanks for your input, it makes me feel better that the 42R may be ok. My main concern is the shoulders on the 42R as mine are a bit narrow for my size and the 40R fit them perfectly.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score

Go with a 42r lazio or sienna. They will have a lower button position and be slightly roomier than a 40r Napoli. The lazio/sienna will be less structured though. I prefer that, but not everyone does.

Don't pay attention to size advisor. Is wrong.

Willj

Reaction score
Hello gents,

I'm in the market for a brown sportcoat that's fairly versatile. I have a new pair of light grey trousers and blue/grey trousers that I would like to pair up with the jacket. I was thinking of getting this one:

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_CA/jackets/havana-brown-check/C913I.html?cgid=Jackets

Does anyone own the jacket above and can comment on how it looks in person? My local SS didn't have it in stock so I'll have to order it online.

Also, is the sportcoat below as light of a color in person as it is online?

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_CA/jackets/havana-brown-plain/C796I.html?cgid=Jackets

Thanks guys!

Suntory

Reaction score
Just remember the suit sleeve buttons are functional so if you live overseas and need it shortened (not from the shoulders because it's expensive) and you have a short torso but long legs, you're fucked.

nttdocomo

Reaction score
Just remember the suit sleeve buttons are functional so if you live overseas and need it shortened (not from the shoulders because it's expensive) and you have a short torso but long legs, you're fucked.

A competent tailor anywhere in the world can do this, no?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads