• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feta

Reaction score
How long does it usually take to get a refund? I've been waiting over 12 days. My suit never showed up and then I told them to just refund the money. Today I received a couple of double monks that were faulty and probably used or tested before. Hope i don't have to wait 11days more for that as well. They have such good reviews but it feels like I have been unlucky so far. Hopefully they sort this up.

asdf

Reaction score

I wonder if their prices will be the same as their U.S. locations. Since it's a European company, I would hope so. Paying the typical 10%-15% "Canada" markup when our dollar is at par always annoys me.

Given that they price online with shipping, tax, and duty included, and ship in ~2-3 days... who would bother buying in store if the retail prices were any higher?

Firefox

Reaction score
Given that they price online with shipping, tax, and duty included, and ship in ~2-3 days... who would bother buying in store if the retail prices were any higher?
Good point. I was thinking along the lines of BB, etc., who don't include duty, shipping, etc. Which can turn out to be a substantial portion of the entire cost. But the Suitsupply model should (in theory) eliminate most of that guesswork.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The big advantage to buying in-store is being able to try the stuff on and see what fits.

asdf

Reaction score

The big advantage to buying in-store is being able to try the stuff on and see what fits.

If the same store offers the same product online for a lower price, including shipping, duty, taxes, returns, and very fast delivery times... the prices offered have to be the same or nobody would ever make a purchase in-store.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wonder if their prices will be the same as their U.S. locations. Since it's a European company, I would hope so. Paying the typical 10%-15% "Canada" markup when our dollar is at par always annoys me.

When I was in NYC I bought a sportcoat. For whatever reason it had a Euro tag that I could see under the USD tag. The price was 199E and $349USD. 199E = $254 USD today.

I'm curious if that was a mistake of a tag. Can anyone in Europe tell me what their sportcoats sell for retail?

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When I was in NYC I bought a sportcoat. For whatever reason it had a Euro tag that I could see under the USD tag. The price was 199E and $349USD. 199E = $254 USD today.
I'm curious if that was a mistake of a tag. Can anyone in Europe tell me what their sportcoats sell for retail?

Duh, I just went to their website and pulled up a different country. All of the jackets are 199E-229E. In GBP they are 199 and 229. In USD they are $349 and $399.

199E = 160 GBP
199E = 254 USD

So they are adding 39GBP and 95USD to the prices to ship off-continent. That is how they cover all the free shipping. anything that goes out of the Eurozone actually costs more.

(but, I'm still not thumbing my nose at the $349 SC and $499 suit prices)

Last edited:

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the same store offers the same product online for a lower price, including shipping, duty, taxes, returns, and very fast delivery times... the prices offered have to be the same or nobody would ever make a purchase in-store.
A lot of people will either not bother checking online, or feel compelled to buy in-store because they feel guilty for taking a salesperson's time and not buying something (especially when they want to purchase the product).

dufferin1

Reaction score
Duh, I just went to their website and pulled up a different country. All of the jackets are 199E-229E. In GBP they are 199 and 229. In USD they are $349 and $399.
199E = 160 GBP
199E = 254 USD
So they are adding 39GBP and 95USD to the prices to ship off-continent. That is how they cover all the free shipping. anything that goes out of the Eurozone actually costs more.
(but, I'm still not thumbing my nose at the $349 SC and $499 suit prices)

I might be getting a job in Germany for 4 months and when the suit is 299 Euros (380 CDN) how can you go wrong. Thats 100$ cheaper..I mean.. wow. Especially because I can honestly say, the quality of the suit is fantastic and when you see Hugo Boss and the likes going for double, you really have to shake your head.

The only issue with me, like I said was that I have large thighs and will always have to get a 40R Jacket with 36 pants instead of 34. Does anyone know if SS is still doing this? I got the 36 pants on my Napoli Pinstripe.

Last edited:

zizou

Reaction score

How long does it usually take to get a refund? I've been waiting over 12 days. My suit never showed up and then I told them to just refund the money. Today I received a couple of double monks that were faulty and probably used or tested before. Hope i don't have to wait 11days more for that as well. They have such good reviews but it feels like I have been unlucky so far. Hopefully they sort this up.

it took me about a week after they received the package to get a refund.

knezz

Reaction score
This may be old new and my appologizies... Suit Suppply appears to be opening a store in Philadelphia. Does anyone know where and the proposed date? That would be closer than the 3 hours to New York.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donaldbaret