• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks perfect Betel! :slayer:

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know typically when their Fall/Winter stuff starts to hit their store/website?
From their Instagram page I believe pre-orders start end of July with items hitting the stores late August or early September.

Andrew Ryan

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with this jacket?

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jack...ackets&prefn1=collection&prefv1=Spring/Summer

It reads as light blue but appears more grey in pictures - which is it?

I just had this jacket arrive because I also had to see it in person to judge the color. It is, actually, spot on to the site - it reads as a slate-blue or even just grey in most light from a distance like in the model, although up close you can clearly see lots of light blue and tan specks. It's actually quite beautiful, and I'm really tempted to keep it - but the only problem is I can only see it looking truly great with shirts that have a brown/white or brown/blue/white pattern to them (of which I own many), which I reserve for fall/winter wear with my blue jackets. I'm returning it (sadly) and going to hold out for a F/W Havana that would serve the same purpose.

Brown just seems out of place to me in S/S (not in shoes/belts of course, although I go tan when I can with any given fit), which seems fairly natural - making me perplexed by not only this jacket but in particular the TON of brown sport coats they have on sale for S/S...

Last edited:

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
some recent fits

140719-2_zps8991acab.jpg

soho jacket

140626_zps40948661.jpg

havana

ScottMC

Reaction score
@PinkPantser I really like that navy Soho. Is that the one from a few seasons ago? I wish they would bring back the navy plain Soho.

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@PinkPantser I really like that navy Soho. Is that the one from a few seasons ago? I wish they would bring back the navy plain Soho.

I think I bought it just last summer or fall. It's a nice lighter weight open weave wool.

Irish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a quick endorsement for the Havana Light Brown linen sport coat.

I'm 6'2" 185. I tried 42L and 42R and the 42R hit it spot on for a casual spring/summer jacket. The color has some depth and interest, and my tailor raved about the fabric and construction. He pulled the sides in a hair too much, but I'm happy with the fit. A couple grainy pics :

Last edited:

fadeawayyx

Reaction score
A few pages ago I wrote that I purchased a suitsupply suit from the Vigo street store, only to have it arrive in the post with loose buttons, thread hanging from the suit jacket in 2 places, and a finger sized hole in the jacket sleeve. In short - massive disappointment, especially considering during my sizing in-store I pointed out two of the problems and requested that they be rectified before shipping to me.

I of course sent the suit back requesting repairs to be made. I included a note pointing out the more noticeable of the above problems. I can fix thread myself (but hoped they might notice it).

Today I received the suit jacket in the post once again.
Once again the buttons are too loose and once again there were two pieces of thread hanging from the suit. Fortunately the finger sized hole was fixed, but it seems that's all they did.

The final kick in the teeth : DHL helpfully refused to return the suit jacket in the box it was sent to me in, meaning it had to be folded nastily into a tiny little DHL box (which I had to pay for). I phoned the store to express annoyance at it being folded up and asked them to press it before sending it back. I can only assume they pressed it, but I don't know for sure because it was returned to me in the very same box, scrunched up and creased to hell. Fantastic. Why not send it back to me in a proper box, like the first time?

Honestly? I am wishing I had purchased the 'designer' branded suit I was originally looking at. Yes it's fused rather than half canvas, but it looked just as good and the quality of the service I've received from suitsupply is just shockingly awful. I will not be recommending them to anybody. I should probably point out though that the store staff who I spoke to were very polite & helpful, I can't fault them.

I am currently in the market for numerous wedding suits, and will not be going back to suitsupply. This has left a bitter taste in my mouth which I will no doubt be reminded of every time I wear my new suit.

Hopefully your NYC store is better than the Vigo street one, I couldn't find a forum thread for my store.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member