• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Subway and Public Transportation Etiquette - The People We Encounter

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, I believe you. After the story of the hot chick wanting to sit on your lap and you screaming at her to get off lest she ruin the crease, I definitely believe it.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My wife broke her foot around seven months pregnant. Big as a house and on crutches, and motherfuckers would not offer her a seat on BART. No home training.

Last edited:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
on the flip side, I've noticed that the overwhelming majority of the time that somebody actually needs to sit down on a train, somebody gets up. It's usually a young guy too.

Last edited:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

on the flip side, I've noticed that the overwhelming majority of the time that somebody actually needs to sit down on a train, somebody gets up. It's usually a young guy too.

Yeah, I will say that usually someone gets up. But the number of times that that is not the case is far, far too large.

My kids will absolutely be taught these sorts of manners.

Last edited:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I've made the general observation that this time of the year brings people with strollers down into the subway system far too frequently. It's annoying as all hell since it's usually during rush hour. I've also observed that the offender is usually Latina.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was pissed when this old lady could barely stand up on the train and right in front of her are two teenaged latinos making out.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was recently on the subway and enjoyed seeing a guy who looked and sounded like he came from some Caribbean island, preaching "Woman, wear long coats! If you wear tight pants and short coat men will commit adultery by looking at your butt." No joke.

Last edited:

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've made the general observation that this time of the year brings people with strollers down into the subway system far too frequently. It's annoying as all hell since it's usually during rush hour. I've also observed that the offender is usually Latina.

It's because they actually have children

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was pissed when this old lady could barely stand up on the train and right in front of her are two teenaged latinos making out.

What the old lady got in your way so you couldn't effectively jack off while watching them?

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was recently on the subway and enjoyed seeing a guy who looked and sounded like he came from some Caribbean island, preaching "Woman, wear long coats! If you wear tight pants and short coat men will commit adultery by looking at your butt." No joke.

'strue I do that allatime.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't sit because I don't like to ruin the crease in my trousers. I wish I was lying.
You should absolutely get an iron for your office. Take off your pants and iron them first thing on arrival, smoking a cigarette while doing so.

MRMan

Reaction score
I rarely sit.

I use to sit, but hated having to make a split second judgement on whether someone was seat-worthy or not. Trying to quickly assess a person's age, mobility level, pregnancy status, and degree of handicap is just too much stress. Even the blanket assessment of gender needed to fit the "always give up your seat for a woman" rule is hard enough at times. Better off standing.

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads