• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Subway and Public Transportation Etiquette - The People We Encounter

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Does laughter aid with the expulsion of feces?

And were you laughing maniacally in a public bathroom o_O?

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Nobody read "Everyone Poops" to him as a child.

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah. I actually felt this way because you didn't answer my initial question: did the laughter aid in the expulsion of your feces?

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone else pity the poor guy/gal trying to get through the turnstyle and make the train as the people who just got off are pouring out? I don't mean like at big stations (e.g. USQ) where they really can't tell what train(s) are in the station - I'm talking about small local stops where they can see the open train doors 10 feet away as they desperately dart back and forth trying to get find an open style to swipe through.

To be honest, I sometimes don't notice them (especially I'm in the middle of the departing pack), but when I do (and know that the traindoors are still open), I will pause for a second to open up a path of ingress for them. Invariably the person behind me either lets out a huge exaggerated sigh of impatience OR tries to zip around me and plunge through the turnstyle before the poor guy can swipe his card (and often even if the guy has already swiped!)

People as such f#ckers

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I didn't realize the NYC turnstiles were always bi-directional. Here in SF, they can be switched to either way depending on anticipated traffic, but there's always at least one available to enter.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I didn't realize the NYC turnstiles were always bi-directional. Here in SF, they can be switched to either way depending on anticipated traffic, but there's always at least one available to enter.

^Not true. What he is saying is that people start pouring through and won't let him through.

sb - yes, turnstyles are bi-directional so if full train lets out and you're trying to get in you may have to wait for most departing passengers to exit before you can get in, hence the quandry of the guy in a rush who sees the doors open but before he can swipe the outgoing tide sweeps into the turnstlyes and he gets stuck waiting for the flow to dwindle to a trickle before he can get in (but probably not before the train doors close)

pB - no, i'm at the forefront of those pouring out ( i always try to ride in the car that deposits me right in front of the turnstyles) and try to pause to let a guy swipe in who still has a chance of making the train

Last edited:

UnnamedPlayer

Reaction score
pB - no, i'm at the forefront of those pouring out ( i always try to ride in the car that deposits me right in front of the turnstyles) and try to pause to let a guy swipe in who still has a chance of making the train
I like this guy.
Can't stands pricks who are impatient trying to get in or out of a station for no ******* reason.

If a person rushes through the ticket machine and then runs out of the station I can understand they are in a rush, but F***ers who are in a huge rush to get through the ticket machine and then dawdle out to the street are dicks.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I like this guy.
Can't stands pricks who are impatient trying to get in or out of a station for no ******* reason.

If a person rushes through the ticket machine and then runs out of the station I can understand they are in a rush, but F***ers who are in a huge rush to get through the ticket machine and then dawdle out to the street are dicks.

...but those who dawdle climbing the stairs or come to a full stop as soon as they go through the turnstyle b/c they are checking their phones should be sentenced to cleaning the subway platforms (daily) for a month

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads