• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum User reports and questions on technical issues

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just wondering, anyone noticed any advantage in the new platform? What was the reason for the change?

I've reached the age where I don't like change. :) But I think the new platform will be great as soon as all the tweaks have been made.

snowbankbutchery

Reaction score
On B&S, when creating a classified it doesn't give me the option of setting a price for some strange reason. Others seem to have found a way....

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not so much a question as some feedback ...

Site now runs very slow. Anyone else experiencing this? I'll figure out the UI on my own, but the slowness is a pretty big issue right now.

vim147

Reaction score
I think the new forum site is buggy. should have made it bit like apples macrumours site.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, is it just me or we still cannot filter Buy & Sell forum by a shoe size?

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to expand the number of topics on a page more than 20? Had that on the last version, and it made life much easier.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Candidly, we changed platforms because our partners are sunsetting the other platform. No platform is perfect, and they all require a period of adjustment, because there are no two platforms with anywhere close to 1:1 function or feature parity. We choose xenforo because it is the most dynamic forum platform with a lot of addons and a large developer community, which means we can do more with out, Andre more responsive to the community.

Some of the issues are coming up for the first time for us as well - the were no missing images on the last 3 test migrations; we didn't have the cover image issue on previous iterations of the marketplace, etc...

Please bear with us as we did the problems and add more functionality and features after that. One great thing with this new platform is that we can be a lot more responsive. To the changing needs of the community.

We do welcome constructive suggestions. At the same time, we all that you be patient and know that we are working first on critical issues before anything else.

Cheers,

Fok.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Candidly, we changed platforms because our partners are sunsetting the other platform. No platform is perfect, and they all require a period of adjustment, because there are no two platforms with anywhere close to 1:1 function or feature parity. We choose xenforo because it is the most dynamic forum platform with a lot of addons and a large developer community, which means we can do more with out, Andre more responsive to the community.

Some of the issues are coming up for the first time for us as well - the were no missing images on the last 3 test migrations; we didn't have the cover image issue on previous iterations of the marketplace, etc...

Keep up the good work. I'm sure everyone will be used to it soon enough. As you become overwhelmed with complaints and bugs, keep in mind that every site has giant upgrades and (most) of them survive.

There are a number of things that I find that I do, in fact, like. For example, as I typed this, I saw that the draft was saved. Now, I'm not sure where that draft could be found should I have lost this, but it is a nice feature, even in theory.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Now, can anyone clue me in on how to multi-quote? I'm sure I'm just missing it, but is it somewhere obvious?

Secondly: how do I spoiler? I just write out the spoiler code, which certainly works, but is there a button?

Sorry for the simple questions, maybe these are confidence-boosting easy tips!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now, can anyone clue me in on how to multi-quote? I'm sure I'm just missing it, but is it somewhere obvious?

Secondly: how do I spoiler? I just write out the spoiler code, which certainly works, but is there a button?

Sorry for the simple questions, maybe these are confidence-boosting easy tips!
Ha, I can answer these (so thank you!)

1) Multiquoting: Simply hit reply on one, then another, and then another, post you wish to reply to, and all of the quotes will appear one after another.

2) There is "spoiler" button in the text editor. Click on the "+" sign, and you will see the option. As a general suggestion, I would suggest you all play with the system. There is a TON of functionality that was not available in the old system, and I think that you'll find as you figure them out, that they will make the forum easier and faster to use, and thus, more enjoyable, which is our main goal

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep up the good work. I'm sure everyone will be used to it soon enough. As you become overwhelmed with complaints and bugs, keep in mind that every site has giant upgrades and (most) of them survive.

There are a number of things that I find that I do, in fact, like. For example, as I typed this, I saw that the draft was saved. Now, I'm not sure where that draft could be found should I have lost this, but it is a nice feature, even in theory.

Thanks. There is a draft button in the text editor - It looks either like a SIM card or a floppy disk, depending on how much you want to age yourself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads