• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Streetwear & Denim Travel Recommendations

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also in Seattle:

The Chihuly glass exhibit, right next to the Space Needle and Experience Music Project, is probably the coolest thing I saw on my last trip there.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Norway is pretty amazing, but expensive, even compared to the other Scandanavian countries, which is saying something. If you love majestic scenes, definitely go upt the Western fjords. I think that you can start from Kristiansand or Bergen and go all the way up to Tromso. Remember to bring some goretex. There is a ton of rain and spray, and it is pretty cool above the arctic circle, even in midsummer. The views are incredible, sheer rock faces coming 90 degrees out of the water for hundreds of feet. If you are a huge nerd, and I know that you are, it would be an amazing set for some fantasy movie. If you want a relatively easy walk that will bring you to an amazing vista, go to the "Priest Rock" near Kristiansand.

Because of the very high taxes, everything is more expensive - it's not really a place I'd recommend for shopping.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They come anyway, I don't know about Norway, but we get rich Chinese by the boat load (cruiseahips), in such big numbers that the shops have started hiring Chinese speaking employees.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the best trip I have done was going to the Outer Hebrideans west of Scotland. Amazing nature and scenery, friendly people, good fish and chips, home of Harris tweed if that is your thing. Callanish stones were sublime.

Stockholm were I live is not bad either, especially in summer.

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Japan. outside of Tokyo.

Do it.

ask about "Recycle shops"

Last edited:

1989thenumber

Reaction score

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite place? i don't really have one. It's all nice.
nod[1].gif

There is such a variety of things to see and do. every City has their own flavor.
You can pretty much choose anywhere randomly, for a unique and authentic experience. I really prefer the more slow paced cities. -The people have more time to talk.

Wherever you would choose to go, I recommend exploring solo. And interacting with the locals.

Last edited:

Zeemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i went to sendai in the end of april
from there i went to yamadera (near yamagata), matsushima and naruko-onsen

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a dinner rec in central Kyoto where I can try their specialty tofu without breaking the bank?
Other food / sight recs also welcome. So far been to Tenka Ippin (ramen), Omen (udon). Will try to get some kind of kyo-ryori and teppanyaki lunch deals when I get a chance.

Edit: to answer my original question, I went to Komameya for dinner and got their set menu for 3600 yen. 8 (mini) courses all featuring tofu in some form in another (they had this amazing super soft yuba that was half liquid) - my favorites were an eggplant dish with soft yuba on top, and the yuba donburi (together with raw egg). Totally worth the price, though I'm not sure I found the tofu special enough to pay for the 5000+ dinners. Source: http://kyotofoodie.com/komameya-yuba-ryori-lunch/

Last edited:

Best Budz

Reaction score
I had a kaiseki meal at Giro Giro Hitoshina in Kyoto. It was an excellent meal, especially for the price. But I had a damn near impossible time finding the place.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i went to sendai in the end of april
from there i went to yamadera (near yamagata), matsushima and naruko-onsen

Glad you enjoyed Northern Japan!! Doesn't get enough foreign visitors and it's all easily accessible from Tokyo!

Some of my pics:
Yamagata

Fukushima:

Niigata

Akita

Nagano

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads