• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Strange Kiton linen Shorts sizing

Bradnitay

Reaction score
I found a nice deal on Saks for half off on a nice Kiton Linen shorts.

I’m pretty slim, 180Lbs 6ft 2. My waist is usually 34. So I went with size 34 in the shorts which according to the size chart is for 32-34 inch waist. 36, is 36-38inch which would usually be much too big.

On receiving this shorts, couldn’t even pull it up, a Super small fit, the inseam area especially. So I’m not sure if should buy the 36, I wanted to buy a few of their wool trousers at cost but with this sizing experience I’m not sure. Considering the reviews on the shorts on Saks of which there is only three, everyone had the same experience. So maybe it’s common for Kiton to fit too small and would need to get one size bigger to work.

Otherwise Do I need to go bespoke only with Kiton?

Another question is, I want the best fabric I can find, especially in wool and Kiton seems to have it, however I prefer a more traditional style to the Kiton’s more modern progressive style of flashy colours, big red buttons etc. Is there anyone at all on the market that can match with their quality of fabric?

Thanks in advance

Brad

P.S: I’m a newbie

papado

Reaction score

I’m pretty slim, 180Lbs 6ft 2. My waist is usually 34. So I went with size 34 in the shorts which according to the size chart is for 32-34 inch waist. 36, is 36-38inch which would usually be much too big.

On receiving this shorts, couldn’t even pull it up, a Super small fit, the inseam area especially. So I’m not sure if should buy the 36, I wanted to buy a few of their wool trousers at cost but with this sizing experience I’m not sure. Considering the reviews on the shorts on Saks of which there is only three, everyone had the same experience. So maybe it’s common for Kiton to fit too small and would need to get one size bigger to work.

Another question is, I want the best fabric I can find, especially in wool and Kiton seems to have it, however I prefer a more traditional style to the Kiton’s more modern progressive style of flashy colours, big red buttons etc. Is there anyone at all on the market that can match with their quality of fabric?

Thanks in advance

Brad

Can't speak to their shorts, but from trying some of their suit trousers I found they were fairly true to size. They have some new super slim stuff (Cipa line perhaps?) which I'm sure may not work, but I think it all depends on the cut/fit which they don't do a good job of discerning if someone just picks one up.

maxalex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As shorts are by definition casual, I’m not seeing the advantage to spending hundreds of dollars/euros/pounds on a pair made by a luxury Italian tailored clothing house. And certainly not bespoke.

I get wanting something more stylish than J. Crew, but I would lean toward streetwear brands like Todd Snyder, Universal Works or OAS, a Swedish company that makes nice linen and terry cloth beachwear. Then wear them, you know, at the beach.

Tried and True

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks in advance

Brad

With RTW trousers/shorts, choose those which have the desired fit across the thighs and buttocks, regardless of waist size….then have a tailor take in or let out the waistband.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads