• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i love that cardigan. re: love handles, whatevs man, literally nobody would think you have love handles :D it's a little bit trickier for those of us who got wide-ass hips, but i just roll w/ it

a few weeks ago i wore it w/ a tee under my charcoal merino w/ a dries scarf and felt pretty damn toasty, but it's 67 in atl now sooooo

with a tee? my arms wrists would be crazy itchy. another nice touch is the side pockets. was pleasantly surprised by those

unfortunately sold that piece as well. for whatever reason, that lattice weave on a cardigan almost always results in restrictive shoulder movement and super tight arms/biceps. jet can probably relate with his mastadonic lats

Last edited:

tjonesd2

Reaction score
Got a lam cardigan in 7 from Forward, but planning on sending back since they offer free returns. I'll pass it along for what I paid to my door ($208) + shipping & pp fees if anyone is interested.

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn. I remember I was about to buy that from you, but you took it off the market. Figured you sold it. I'm glad you fell in love with it again. I think I bought an alpaca from you so it's all good.

Feji

Reaction score
Pine crewneck in Dove : As mentioned, neck opening is small. Returned since I'm worried about the neck stains (similar to white shirts) the small neck opening invites, and the fabric will be especially painful to keep clean since it's essentially a white duster.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got a lam cardigan in 7 from Forward, but planning on sending back since they offer free returns. I'll pass it along for what I paid to my door ($208) + shipping & pp fees if anyone is interested.

What turned you off?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I don't know why the **** brands make small necks and tight arms, ss didn't used to be like that. All my older SS has nice arms so they don't look like sausage casings and neck holes that don't look like mock necks, hate that ****.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
I don't know why the **** brands make small necks and tight arms, ss didn't used to be like that. All my older SS has nice arms so they don't look like sausage casings and neck holes that don't look like mock necks, hate that ****.

It's just the Pine that has a small neck opening. Not sure why, but it's pretty structured and is almost like this quilted little donut around the neck, so maybe they messed up the measurements when designing that one. Looks cool worn, though, and I've gotten some good mileage out of mine this fall.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
ya i like that sweater design and poofiness, was originally on my cop list

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's so painful to realize that even loose and drapey clothing looks the best on skinny people. At least it makes me go to the gym more.

strangebrew

Reaction score
Too big? I knew I should have ordered a 5 :(

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sizing looks fine but the sweater is so unstructured that if your underlying shape isn't attractive, neither will the sweater. Mine went from looking like I'm pregnant to a normal drapey look as I lost more and more weight.

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

with a tee? my arms wrists would be crazy itchy. another nice touch is the side pockets. was pleasantly surprised by those

unfortunately sold that piece as well. for whatever reason, that lattice weave on a cardigan almost always results in restrictive shoulder movement and super tight arms/biceps. jet can probably relate with his mastadonic lats

yea my arms are pretty itchy at first but you (or at least i) get used to it after awhile. love the side pockets, makes it super easy to wear as the single layer of outerwear.

strangebrew

Reaction score

sizing looks fine but the sweater is so unstructured that if your underlying shape isn't attractive, neither will the sweater. Mine went from looking like I'm pregnant to a normal drapey look as I lost more and more weight.

I work out and consider myself at least decently swole so that's no problem. It just seems a bit billowy at the bottom, you think it looks good?

I love the texture and it's a fantastic knit just not sure.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
healthyfit