• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Starbucks..instant coffee

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
it tastes like coffee, and the samples were free.

i will enjoy it.

Yup.

I didn't feel like making coffee this morning, so I used the free sample and it was pretty good. Will I pay $1 a pack? No way, $.50 maybe. Just maybe.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
those are cool. but unfortunately who wants to pack instant starbucks coffee? it tastes not that good.

Correct! Regularly brewed Starbucks is crap anyway. This new instant product approaches the regular brew but so what.

Here in Houston, they were giving away lots of samples of the instant packs at the Starbucks at Memorial and Shepherd.

I can't stand Starbucks but I still spend $90 a month there or more. But considering that I use it as a second office, place to unwind ( and read the newspapers ) and use the wifi, I really can't complain about the crappy coffee since I'm getting value for my $90.

I've always thought of Starbucks as a good meeting place, wifi location, and place to stop for a pit stop. But not as a decent coffee house.

57JoeFoMoPar

Reaction score
I tried it and liked it very much. I drink a lot of coffee, and though I consider Starbucks a great spot to socialize and study for class, I do not think their coffee tastes very good. Too bitter for my taste, as if it were left on a little too long. The Via Italian instant coffee though is actually considerably less bitter than their standard Pike Place variety and when the manager gave me a sample, I wound up buying a whole cup. $1 a cup for instant is not cheap, but it's a solid cup of coffee for sure. Beats the hell out of Sanka

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
I can't stand Starbucks but I still spend $90 a month there or more.

Is Houston that devoid of good places for coffee? If I couldn't stand a place, I wouldn't spend any money there.

Shakermaker

Reaction score
I just made a cup of the italian roast instant and I think it's quite good. Definitely the best instant I've had.

tthornell

Reaction score
I can definitely drink it, but I'd much rather make a decent cup in a travel french press. It's not as convenient, but worth the hassle.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ibleedwhite
Just when coffee couldnt get any worse.

personally im not a big fan of Starbucks:http://www.usatoday.com/money/indust...t-coffee_N.htm

You have clearly never tried Caterer's Blend, Nescafe Blend 43, or International Roast - all fine coffees served at the metropolitan public hospitals I have worked at.
musicboohoo[1].gif

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have not tried the instant yet, though my boss gave me a couple of packets to try. I suspect most people will find the flavor more agreeable then most Starbucks drip. Even before tasting it I can predict it will most likely be smoother and easier to drink than the regular Starbucks drip coffee.

If I could speculate about the reason, I guess Starbucks management decided that since they have to maintain a consistent flavor profile throughout thousands of their stores they have to roast the beans to a very dark level where the flavor profile of the roast will start to overwhelm the individuals flavor profiles of the places where the beans were grown and how they were processed.

I find it ironic that a person can make a much better cup of coffee than the Starbucks drip, by using the Starbucks whole beans, a $20 grinder and a $12 press pot.

KPO89

Reaction score
Oh come on guys....

Starbucks isn't that bad...

Of course I drink coffee black so that probably has something to do with me liking it strong and darker.

Maybe some of you guys should try the Guatamalea blend....much smoother.

videogeek

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dmax
I find it ironic that a person can make a much better cup of coffee than the Starbucks drip, by using the Starbucks whole beans, a $20 grinder and a $12 press pot.

Glad I'm not the only one... I think their Italian roast is great when I make it at home. The drip coffee you get at their stores is crap though.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finally fixed my roaster so I don't have to live off the Starbucks Komodo Dragon blend any longer. Free tip if you have to buy your beans from Starbucks, - look at the "Enjoy Before" date on the back of the bag and look for the dates at least 6.5 to 7 months away or compare to other bags nearby. Right now, I would look for dates sometime in May 2010 to get somewhat fresh roasted coffee from Starbucks.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Starbucks' regular coffee, too acidic, but their instant isn't bad... the best instant out there no doubt. It's just too expensive for what it is though, I'd rather just get real coffee. If you need instant, Trader Joe's isn't bad and it's $2.99 for a big bottle.

Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte... $5 a hit and totally worth it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads