• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coldfire3k3

Reaction score
I have the same foot profile. It’s actually what brought me to St.C. I recommend the Personalized Last (or at least the Customized Last). https://www.saintcrispinsamericas.com/custom-options/fitting-services/

There’s nothing quite like having an excellent pair of dress shoes that fit as comfortably as any others you own!
My understanding is that a personal last is basically customer specified modifications of an existing last. If this is correct what would be the best existing last to modify for a wide ball and narrow heel foot profile?

Coldfire3k3

Reaction score
PicsArt_05-19-09.00.46.jpg

Can someone identify this St. Crispin's model for me please?

Itsuo

Reaction score
My understanding is that a personal last is basically customer specified modifications of an existing last. If this is correct what would be the best existing last to modify for a wide ball and narrow heel foot profile?

You are correct that modifications would be made to an existing last; however, I believe the lasts on offer represent different toebox shapes rather than entire last fits. Does that make sense? I’ve only ever had the classic last made up but the beauty of the customization is that you can have a great fit in any (toe/last) style you want, without having to be forced into one type of last because it fits you best. https://www.saintcrispinsamericas.com/custom-options/lasts/

Terminator

Reaction score
Would anyone who has had a custom last made up mind sharing the cost? Simon Crompton quotes 500 euro, presumably including VAT; Skoak quote 3000 Kr (about 293 eur) with VAT; does anyone else have a different price either from SC directly or elsewhere? What about basic custom options, for eg, choice of sole? They seem to be included from Skoak, how about elsewhere?

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just did a personalized last from Skoak, which ran me 2800 SEK around 3 months ago (may have changed with recent price hikes and the low SEK), although the modifications were not overly extensive. They also said that when you have a personalized last, you can make further modifications to it if needed at no cost.

It seems like they have the best prices, and their customer service is top notch - so I didn't see much reason to look around too widely. They were definitely less expensive than my first pair at the Armoury in NYC, although their CS was extremely good as well, and it was worth paying extra to be sized in person, as they have trail shoes in the full array of sizes/widths.

There's also the additional worry that I'm pretty sure the next time I step into the Armoury in NYC I'll be snagging a couple more Ring Jacket suits...

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These actually make me want a pair of double monks again!

Has been the style of choice for guys who wear blazers with skinny jeans, and never heard of a shoe tree... In Oslo anyway.:)

That's really funny. In the states I'd say they tend to be worn more formally/fashionably. But then again, most people just wear sneakers and cargo shorts...

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's really funny. In the states I'd say they tend to be worn more formally/fashionably. But then again, most people just wear sneakers and cargo shorts...
+1. In LA, leather anything in terms of shoes amounts to formal.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

No hard feelings against sneakers and cargo shorts.

...as long as they are Levis x Fragment shorts and Virgil Nikes of course! Pair that with a Gosha t-shirt, a vintage Supreme camp hat and who needs classic menswear anyway.

Coldfire3k3

Reaction score
Could someone post outdoor photos of shoes made from aniline calf colour vna072, vna074 and vna076?

I'm just trying to get a better understanding of the exact colours.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads