• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Sorry, the photo I was thinking of is gone. It's rounder at normal widths, that's about it.
078 is a very deep, chocolate brown, whereas 076 is more medium - the amount of red in 076 is dependent upon lighting and, accordingly, the accuracy of color correction in photos. This, in my opinion, is a bit more accurate (on my color corrected monitor):
Nope - that's a classic last, albeit my heavily modified personal classic last. More pics:
LL
Big thanks, Red. That color correction you made was hugely helpful. Many thanks for taking the time to do that! Really appreciate it.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with VNA 076 and 078? When I was looking at the swatches, 076 looked to be a true medium brown, but then in this photo, it looks a bit burgundy.

Is it a touch red when made up?

this is a beautiful model (i'm getting a pair made) and this color is great!

PCee47

Reaction score
Are you talking about Arne?

Naw, it was Nikki.

Edit: PS - Thank you all for the kind words. One quick question to whomever may know the answer: Can shoes be shipped back to StC for re-lasting? My Burgundy 105's were originally bought as a 10F (Spontaneous purchase), but my feet are more of a G. When I wear them, my feet tend to balloon out of the sides, it is quite noticeable while being viewed from above. Is it possible to send my shoes back to be re-lasted on my personal last? If so, how much would this approximately cost?

Last edited:

Itsuo

Reaction score

Naw, it was Nikki. 

Edit: PS - Thank you all for the kind words. One quick question to whomever may know the answer: Can shoes be shipped back to StC for re-lasting? My Burgundy 105's were originally bought as a 10F (Spontaneous purchase), but my feet are more of a G. When I wear them, my feet tend to balloon out of the sides, it is quite noticeable while being viewed from above. Is it possible to send my shoes back to be re-lasted on my personal last? If so, how much would this approximately cost?

Yes I had this done both normally and during a resole. I bought my shoes on a G last but decided I needed more space and commissioned a personalized last. I'm not sure what they do but I sent two pairs to be "relasted" on my personal last. I felt almost no relief, maybe a placebo effect. Then later when I had the shoes resoled, I asked them to do so on my personal last in hopes that it would yield more space. It felt marginally better but still nothing compared to my shoes made on my personal last. Had I been more patient, I wouldn't have three pairs on the classic G last, but they've all stretched over time and are wearable.

Mr. Pink

Reaction score

Yes I had this done both normally and during a resole. I bought my shoes on a G last but decided I needed more space and commissioned a personalized last. I'm not sure what they do but I sent two pairs to be "relasted" on my personal last. I felt almost no relief, maybe a placebo effect. Then later when I had the shoes resoled, I asked them to do so on my personal last in hopes that it would yield more space. It felt marginally better but still nothing compared to my shoes made on my personal last. Had I been more patient, I wouldn't have three pairs on the classic G last, but they've all stretched over time and are wearable.

My experience is similar. I've had two pairs re-lasted to give me more room, particularly across the right foot but the difference is minor compared to the shoes that were lasted with correct adjustments from the beginning. However, the first of the two pairs has now stretched to point that it's entirely comfortable. The second is getting there. St. Crispins take a really long time to fully break in and stretch out.

@Itsuo, what's the upcharge for a personal last? I'm spending quite a bit on adjustments with each order and am thinking the personal last might make more sense.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My experience is similar. I've had two pairs re-lasted to give me more room, particularly across the right foot but the difference is minor compared to the shoes that were lasted with correct adjustments from the beginning. However, the first of the two pairs has now stretched to point that it's entirely comfortable. The second is getting there. St. Crispins take a really long time to fully break in and stretch out.

@Itsuo, what's the upcharge for a personal last? I'm spending quite a bit on adjustments with each order and am thinking the personal last might make more sense.

+1

Re-lasting by SC is underwhelming. I was expect the same fit as my MTO pairs, but it is very different.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sent an email to Phillip over the weekend asking if he had photos of the Paseo last from the top down and side views, as he does with other lasts on his website. Really kindly sent along these photos, which I thought I'd post here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads