• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

niklasnordin

Reaction score
Hey so here are some pictures of my trial shoes that came in from St. C. This is my personal last's trial shoe based off of a very narrow version of the classic last. The model is based off of the 564 u captoe.

This is after I've worn them about 3 times out for a full day and after breaking them in about 3 times at home before that, so I could really get an idea of how well they fit and what further modifications would have to be done to them.

I haven't seen anyone post pictures of the trial shoe process done before, so I wanted to overview it for you all.

First, you choose you last shape and style to make the shoe off of.
Second, you decide on the basic size (length as well as width if needed) for the last as well as any other modifications that you want done (taking off of areas or adding onto areas)
Third, you receive a trial shoe and work it in to decide on how it feels for you.
Fourth, you give feed back to the retailer ( @Skoaktiebolaget in my case ) on what further changes you request.
Fifth, you can order another trial shoe or proceed with the final shoe.

Here is my trial shoe and yes it did come with the shoe bags in the picture. Of course it doesn't come with shoe trees, but I just bought a cheap one from online that could fill it for now.

Here are a few close up pictures to show more of the fit in the front of the shoe:

What are your thoughts on the fit guys? Based on how they felt and the creasing patterns, I think that they are just a tad long (1/4 - 1/2 size equivalent) and still a little wide for me in overall volume.

I hope this helps you all in this process if anyone else is considering a custom last or even just a trial shoe on a modified last.
Hard to say without seing them being worn.

Solari

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I live in London and I hadn't come across SCs until very recently. From the photos they look really really good.

It's a shame they don't have a shop here; I guess I need to catch them on a trunk show.

Any idea how much a boot like the one attached cost?

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys, I live in London and I hadn't come across SCs until very recently. From the photos they look really really good. It's a shame they don't have a shop here; I guess I need to catch them on a trunk show. Any idea how much a boot like the one attached cost?
1500$ to 1600$ US depending upon what all you get like initial or extras etc

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hard to say without seing them being worn.

+1.
Don't really believe in measuring fit out of a creasing pattern either. The properties of the leather has a lot to say for that too.

I know that is tough to tell, but you usually can see if a shoe is a bit long if there is some creasing on the inner (medial) side of the shoe just before the ball of the shoe. That usually is if the ball of the foot is a bit short of that part on the shoe.

In terms of the creasing on the top of the shoe, I was looking at the level of the creases compared to the proportions of the shoe. They still are wide for me and I could tell that by how they felt on my foot anyway.

I was just curious if you guys had any other thoughts. I already gave my critiques to @GabrielOB at Skoak anyway so we already gave the new mods for my last.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know that is tough to tell, but you usually can see if a shoe is a bit long if there is some creasing on the inner (medial) side of the shoe just before the ball of the shoe. That usually is if the ball of the foot is a bit short of that part on the shoe.

In terms of the creasing on the top of the shoe, I was looking at the level of the creases compared to the proportions of the shoe. They still are wide for me and I could tell that by how they felt on my foot anyway.

I was just curious if you guys had any other thoughts. I already gave my critiques to @GabrielOB at Skoak anyway so we already gave the new mods for my last.

The "extended" toe shape is most probably visual illusion caused by your narrow feet width.

SC tends to make their toes short, which is unpleasant for some.

Diabolical

Reaction score
Just so you guys know, Massdrop is doing a special on a group buy of Saphir Polishes. The price is amazing and they are also offering the cordovan cream as well as the renovator on top of the normal polishes.

Here is a link to the site if you guys are interested.

the more that is sold, the better the prices will be for us!

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/saphir...t 2016-01-06&utm_term=Community - Style - [A]
Maybe i'm missing something, but is this actually a good deal? It's $30USD plus shipping for 2 cream polishes. Leatherfoot in Toronto sells the cream polish for $12.75USD a piece and they have more options.

GothamRed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maybe i'm missing something, but is this actually a good deal? It's $30USD plus shipping for 2 cream polishes. Leatherfoot in Toronto sells the cream polish for $12.75USD a piece and they have more options.

That's only because of the weakness of the Canadian dollar and (from them) factor in international shipping as well.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

But 2 cream polishes amounts to $15USD a piece, Leatherfoot right now has the exact same polishes for $12.75USD a piece. Is there something else included in the Massdrop deal?
Then leather foot is better deal nope nothing extra just the cream or wax you pick etc. But leather foot prices rarely happens in US market & this would be best deal I have came across.

Last edited:

Diabolical

Reaction score
Then leather foot is better deal nope nothing extra just the cream or wax you pick etc. But leather foot prices rarely happens.
Ah ok, I thought that I was missing something. Thanks!
That's only because of the weakness of the Canadian dollar and (from them) factor in international shipping as well.
Makes sense. I'm located in Canada, so it's probably a better value to order through them instead.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eveliynfindlay