• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping you all will get some solid White poplin or twill shirts back in for my size 16.5/Contemporary; currently just the Dobby from Tessitura Monti.

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang it Jesse aka @Burzan now I’m thinking I need to order the gun club Neapolitan. That fit looks amazing. I have a jacket from Peter Milar in a similar fabric but prefer the cut and patch pockets on this one. My goto is Jeans or Khaki’s with my coats and the flap pockets and padded shoulders are too formal.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang it Jesse aka @Burzan now I’m thinking I need to order the gun club Neapolitan. That fit looks amazing. I have a jacket from Peter Milar in a similar fabric but prefer the cut and patch pockets on this one. My goto is Jeans or Khaki’s with my coats and the flap pockets and padded shoulders are too formal.

Sounds like the perfect time for an upgrade haha. The new neapolitan cut is so good too, I think the lapel shape is finally dialed in on these ones. I hope fall brings quite a few jackets in it.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doubt it. They don't really restock seasonal items.

There is much sadness in my heart.

I'm in China at the moment working on some FW18 details. Here is a preview of the DB overcoat we're working on. This is one of two DB overcoat styles. This is the classic DB. Still some adjustments to be made and some minor styling tweaks, but you get the picture.

View attachment 963955 View attachment 963957

This is a sexy coat. I love the single breasted camel coat I have from SM, but this is really, really nice. Price point still gonna be around 498?

I would be interested in a jacket like this from SM.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one to notice that the inside chest pocket on the sportcoats (mine is VBC mesh hopsack) is weirdly positioned inward?

theh00d

Reaction score
Totally something I would consider from SM. I could not justify a suede one so settled on a Private White VC in moleskin.

I got one on sale from Epaulet a while back.

And, like everyone else have said your pics is tempting me to get the gun check before its gone in my size..but I don't really wear sport coats often enough.
Off topic, I need to get the Doyle from Epaulet too...

Last edited:

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one to notice that the inside chest pocket on the sportcoats (mine is VBC mesh hopsack) is weirdly positioned inward?
I noticed that the first few times when I went to put my phone in it... but after wearing a few times, I am ok with that pocket position. It may even be better.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same wool/cashmere we used before.

We are increasing the size to be a proper overcoat. So if you don't wear a jacket you would essentially size down.

Length on a 40 will be 40" which is just past the knee.
Excellent! If you make a 46L, you'll sell one to me!

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea when to expect the restock on OCBDs?

My closet is looking bare and I've been rotating the same shirt way too many times.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads